Foxy and Wolfy is a magical mix of Mahou shoujo, good PG-13 yuri fun, and hell-raising chaos.
What we are kickstarting
Foxy and Wolfy volume 1 is the first of 7 planned books for the series. Each book will be 160-240 pages. This project is my heart and soul and I want to share this awesome adventure with everyone! We will be updating scenes, adding new pages and coloring it all! Join me on this wondrous journey!
Foxy and Wolfy is about the adventures of two spirit guardians. A Foxy young spirit guardian with muscular dystrophy named Misaki Kimura and her Wolfy partner, Amaya Bellerose.
In the world of Foxy and Wolfy Chaos, spirit guardians are humans who fight genocidal demons and purify souls consumed by hatred. Through the use of spirit keys, the main characters Misaki and Amaya (along with their friends) travel between the human and demon worlds to defend all they hold precious against nefarious demons seeking chaos.
Volume 1 follows their initial origins at Foxshuffle academy as new kid mages, and their first official mission as adults! Expect magical combat, silly shenanigans and deadly fanatical demon attacks! You will see them when they are kids first and later as adults going after their first target. Come join the fun!
Why was this created?
I’ve always enjoyed storytelling and manga since I was very young. This is why I chose the manga style.
What made me want to create this story was, for two main reasons. The first and foremost reason is to make an entertaining and positive story for the world. Something to honor all of the dear friends and family that I have lost over my lifetime. Every character has pieces of people that were dear to my heart. This is a project that has become my entire reason to keep pushing forward.
Secondly, as an LGBT+ creator with Duchenne muscular dystrophy, I want to show that disabled people want and like the same things as other people. The story purposely doesn't ignore or focus on this and focuses more on fun characters, some just happen to have a disability. One of my goals is to positively portray a disabled LGBT+ character without making it the only layer to them.
The first priority is fun for all!
Who will love Foxy and Wolfy?
- Fans of Sailor Moon, Puella Magi Madoka Magica , Cardcaptor Sakura and other fun magical girl series.
- People who like My Hero Academia, Fairy Tail, Inuyasha and other fantasy tales with a large, fun cast of characters.
- Collectors of independent comic books and manga!
- If you like your comics with shonen style fighting, fun shenanigans, and wholesome yuri, THIS IS YOUR BOOK!
With ever evolving technology, my team and I have thankfully been able to share this wonderful story with many different people. To reach an even larger and more ambitious audience, the next step is to produce physical copies of the Foxy and Wolfy manga. We will also be able to upgrade every part of the original web manga! All guest character cameos from our 3 previous campaigns will be included for free. (unless requested otherwise.)
We will be launching our brand new Kickstarter campaign on February 14th, Valentine’s Day, in hopes of sharing the love for this web manga and transforming it into physical reality with well over 200 pages of massive story updates, new content and full color. There is just something special about physically feeling the pages in your fingers, and we want to bring that magic to Foxy and Wolfy. We are funding final production of content and printing books.
All backers will receive weekly updates with digital pages and information until the book is finished.
- 1. OKAMOTO KITCHEN Party by Loveedreams https://www.instagram.com/loveedreams.art/
- 2. Miyajima fireworks by Emiko Kouji https://www.instagram.com/emikokouji/
- 3. Triplets in the East by hayashinomura & Noir art house 3. Triplets in anime by hayashinomura & Noir art house https://www.instagram.com/hayashinomura/ fhttps://www.instagram.com/noirarthouse/
- 4. Triplets in the west by Katrina E. Kunstmann https://www.instagram.com/k_sanzo/
- 5. Something in the Spaghetti by Ou-ren Art 5. Something in the Spaghetti by Ou-ren Art https://www.instagram.com/ourenart/
- The Kickstarter Campaign: (February 14 - March 19)
- Kickstarter Funds Received: (April 2019)
- Page production: (March 2019 - October 2019)
- Coloring production: (March 2019 - November 2019)
- Merchandise in Production: (March 2019)
- Foxy and Wolfy #1 to Print: (Late November 2019)
- Book Manufacturing and Freight: (December 2019)
- Extra Buffer Time for Unexpected Issues: (January 2019)
- Expected Deliver to US Backers: (Early March 2020 or much sooner!)
- Expected Deliver for INT Backers: (March 2020 or much sooner. )
Team members for volume 0/1
As the head creator and writer of Foxy and Wolfy, I myself happen to have Duchenne muscular dystrophy, and from the very beginning, I have and continue to pour my heart and soul into this series. I love empowering many, various disabled characters in Foxy and Wolfy. Readers can connect strongly to the story and characters through the tales of shared hardships, adventures and how living with disabilities doesn’t make you weaker. I even refer to myself often as a “fox on wheels” because the image just fits who I am and what I want to create and contribute to the world.
Mitsu is an aspiring artist stimulated by doing the unexpected or the unusual, she believes in a philosophy of "live and let live". A Traditional and Digital artist, Graphic Designer,Concept artist, Illustrator and Animator.
“Creating dreams, publishing smiles and delivering happiness" - Mitsu
Ana Kris is a yuri Mangaka from Spain.
As colorists with over 6 years of experience, Noir Art House works on comics, 2D mobile game assets, children's books, and more.
Anthony Zicari is a professional freelance writer and editor. He has written, edited, and worked for such companies as Dark Horse Comics, Antarctic Press, Lion Forge, London Night Studios, Narwain Publishing, Marvel Comics, Dabel Brothers Publishing, Legendary Press, and more. Anthony is also the editor In chief of Inkwerks Studios. Along with many personal projects, he writes for films, TV, animation, and web series.
N.S. Kane is a female Australian comic book writer based in Sydney. Her comic script experience encompasses her own projects and several short stories in anthologies. She is head writer for the company Scattered Comics on the projects Nothing-Man and Fox and Hound.
Risks and challenges
Every project comes with risks and challenges throughout the production cycle, but these can be mitigated. With previous partners, I delivered 3 book projects as promised with only 1 delayed a month because of shipping.
My priority is you the backer and satisfying you fully. I have backup artists, printers, and even a backup project director, if I am somehow incapacitated for any reason. Worst case scenario would be a short delay, but I guarantee delivery and communication often to all.
Let's get this done, together!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)