This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Mon, April 1 2019 2:46 PM UTC +00:00.
Introducing - The Stoneblade Series (collaboration) - is our take on the traditional Japanese Kiridashi knife. With an overall length of about 4" for the small and 5"for the large. The knives have a cutting edge just under 2" long (small) and just over 2.2"long (Large), the knife is in essence a stripped down pocket knife. The Stoneblade series of knifes will only be available through this kickstarter campaign.
This model is made using 1095 high carbon steel, Faceted and acid stonewashed. 1095 high carbon steel known for its edge retention and toughness. Its slim, rugged and extremely versatile design makes it ideal for every day carrying and use.
Grind: Asymmetrical hollow grind. This means they aren't ambidextrous so you will need to order the appropriate hand.
Hardness: water quenched and tempered to ~61hrc for a great balance between edge retention and toughness.
Sheath: Machine stitched, low profile black leather sheath for easy EDC.
These durable knives keep a keen cutting edge that allows for controlled cutting and slicing, but are made with an asymmetrical hollow grind meaning they are not ambidextrous knives.
The StoneBlade Series of knives are 100% Handmade in Canada - Winnipeg, Manitoba
Origin Handcrafted blades are made using high carbon, or tool steel. This family of steels is known for their edge retention and durability. Unlike stainless steel, these blades will naturally oxidize over time, and age with a beautiful patina. Special care needs to be taken in order to prevent corrosion or rust on the blade.
Most of our knife handles feature a variety of woods from around the world, but they also incorporate metals, like brass, or composite materials such as micarta. We also incorporate deer or moose antler in many of our pieces. Wood has always been the main focus for us though. We love the endless variety of beautiful forms that nature provides.
Each Origin Handcrafted knife is made with great care, and with the same treatment at home they can develop their own unique character over time, and last for decades.
Clean your knife often and thoroughly.
- Clean the blade off with plain water, and dry well after each use.
- Periodically wipe the blade off during use, especially if you are cutting anything that’s acidic. If left on the blade for too long, acidic juice will oxidize the steel and leave permanent dark spots.
- Keep your knife dry.
- Don’t leave your knife in the sink, or submerged in dishwater. This can cause the knife to dull quickly, and it will lead to rust.
- Don’t put your knife in the dishwasher. This will compromise the integrity of the steel and handle.
- Your knife will arrive razor sharp. The best way to maintain its edge is by regularly honing the blade using a leather strop, or a honing rod, on a weekly basis.
- When your knife needs to be sharpened, an oil or water sharpening stone will do the trick, but these methods do take practice. We offer a free lifetime sharpening service on any of our knives up to two times annually. You just pay the shipping.
Our artisan knives are designed with extensive, everyday use in mind, and come with an everyday structural guarantee. If for some reason our knives fail to perform as they should, we will replace or repair them at no cost to you. Please note, this service is not offered if a knife is being misused or neglected. To ensure your knife lasts as long as you do, please follow the steps for proper care, noted above.
Please be sure to order either a "left" or "right" handed bevel based on your dominant hand.
Must be 18 years or older to purchase. Know your local knife laws.
Risks and challenges
We do not anticipate any Risks and challenges.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter