Additional Languages, No DRM means no DRM
Two additional languages: The results are in!
With our first stretch-goal we promised two additional languages and let you guys decide which ones you want to have. Here are the results:
If we reach the second stretch-goal, there will be a new poll for two more languages. So if your language hasn’t won this time: Help us to reach our next goal, to give it another chance!
User-generated Maps, Steam & No DRM
In the last days there was some commotion, because some features/updates of Shadowrun Returns are going to only be available via Steam. That’s why we want to explain the approach we want to take with Battle Worlds: Kronos:
- We want to provide the game on as many platforms as possible (Steam, GoG, Desura and many others). Some of these platforms use DRM measures, some don’t. In any case backers can download Battle Worlds: Kronos from our servers WITHOUT DRM.
- No matter where you get the game from: You can play the campaigns and the Single Player Challenge Maps offline, without registration or other measures.
- If you want to play multiplayer matches, you have to set up a user name and password on our server to be able to continue your game from anywhere, save your achievements, collect points in the game ladder, and so forth.
- User-generated maps, the free "Trains" DLC campaign and other content can also be downloaded from our server. This means that nobody is forced to install Steam or similar software.
Before the game is available to the public, backers have exclusive access to alpha and beta builds. Those builds will probably be available exclusively from our own server. We are thinking about offering a kind of Downloader that enables you to always download the latest version of the game. We may ADDITIONALLY cooperate with Steam, because they are currently working on a system that will enable gamers to play a game during its production. But that question isn’t resolved yet and first we have to get the game on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=136266863&tscn=1365591358
Time to say "Thank you" and help others
There are many people, companies and other projects that helped us during the preparation of the campaign and in its first weeks. We want to take the time to thank them. You can’t take for granted that developers help each other in that way. It’s one of the great things about Kickstarter: It brings out the best in everybody.
First, three friends of ours. Their campaigns have ended already but you still can support them on their sites:
- Cliffhanger Productions: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1964352341/shadowrun-online
- Black Forest Games: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/project-giana/project-giana
The "Divinity: Original Sins" campaign by our friends at Larian is still up and running strong. You might want to check it out if you like classic RPGs, turn-based battles and mighty editors! ;-)
Here are some more projects we like and you might want to check out:
Are there projects you like and want to promote? Post them in the comments!