Imagine a game like Cards Against Humanity... for Parents
That's the idea behind KinderPerfect - a new card game for frazzled parents. Our aim is to turn the everyday pain of parenthood into an excuse for mommy juice!
About the Game
There are four times when KinderPerfect is better than unfiltered Netflix:
- Moms' night out to laugh at the challenges of parenthood.
- Baby showers to surprise new parents with the joys of poop.
- Birthday parties to break the ice with other parents.
- Family get-togethers where Cards Against Humanity is too crass.
KinderPerfect contains 200 casino-quality cards that can be played alone or used in combination with similarly formatted word association games like Cards Against Humanity, Apples to Apples, or our favorite, JadedAid. Best of all, everyone gets a participation ribbon!
How to Play
The “Parent” player will read out a red Question Card and other players will submit their white Answer Cards.
The Parent picks the winner they like the best, well, because they said so. The winner then becomes the Parent for the next round. You win by amassing useless Answer Cards, just like in real life!
You can play KinderPerfect separately or with a Cards Against Humanity card deck. You should always play with copious refreshments and really good friends - even your parents!
Game Development Process
Like parenting itself, KinderPerfect is being co-developed through an extensive collaboration process with multiple opportunities for unsolicited advice and nosy neighbours.
Submit your card ideas here and if we use your idea in the final game, we'll send you a free KinderPerfect deck. We are also convening Design Parties across the US and UK with our test cards PDF to ensure each card will be more fun than a sexy fertility doctor - sign up to get invited.
What They Say
We secretly hoped that our game idea would resonate beyond our neighborhood, and we're excited to see how many people love KinderPerfect, including the press:
- Good news, parents! There's now a version of "Cards Against Humanity" that you can really relate to. - Parenting
- [KinderPerfect is] the perfect excuse to pour a little (or a sh*tload) of wine and hang out with like-minded friends. - Scary Mommy
- You're Going to Love This Cards Against Humanity Parody Made Just For Parents - PopSugar
- ‘Cards Against Humanity’ Fans Make An Ingenious Version For Parents - HuffPost Parents
- Hilarious game is like Cards Against Humanity — for parents! - BabyCenter
If you want to feature us on your blog, just ask! We're excited for every interview opportunity.
Parenting is tough. You don’t get an instruction manual when you leave the hospital with your newborn, yet everyone you meet has an opinion of what you are doing wrong. Worse, it’s usually your parents.
Where games like Cards Against Humanity are great for general stress release, we felt it didn’t really speak to our experience as parents. We started making new cards with our friends, and they were so good, we started playing with our own cards alone.
Now we want to share our idea with every parent, hence the KinderPerfect Kickstarter brought to you by the Vota family - Wayan, Amy, Hanalei, Archer, and Taxi Dog - and our supportive community of Petworth Parents.
- Wayan Vota is a co-founder of JadedAid, a card game to save humanitarians that was successfully launched on Kickstarter in 2015.
- Amy Vota is a co-founder of several Petworth Parents groups and an annual school lottery de-stress session for Washington, DC parents.
Risks and challenges
Wayan and Amy are experienced parents and entrepreneurs, and Wayan has even co-launched a successful card game just like this on Kickstarter.
Yet every new idea has risks. Just like each time you pretend that screaming child isn't yours. We promise we will try our best to succeed, and if we do fail, we'll stand quietly in the corner as we sob uncontrollably.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (28 days)