Hope, love, loneliness, and heartbreak
Those emotions are deeply woven into the music that I have written. Sharing these pieces with you is the final step in a transformation that began only 18 months ago, somewhere in the melancholy of a blues chord.
Here's a full piece from the album, called "Water Under Our Bridge"
New Me! is 10 original pieces for solo piano
- New Me
- Two Hearts
- Woozy Heights
- Our Time is Running
- Blues Variations
- What Love Meant to You
- Water Under Our Bridge
- Walk of Lonely Memories
As I played them in the Teldex Studio, they span 34 minutes.
I wrote the notes by hand, but they are being notated using MuseScore software.
I will be supporting Libre Culture by releasing the printed music with a Creative Commons license that allows the sharing and adapting of this music.
As a backer you have FOUR great rewards
1. For €10 - discounted price - you get to download the full album before it is released, in lossless audiophile quality, with no DRM.
2. For €15 - Kickstarter exclusive! - you also get the MuseScore sheet music and the MuseScore files, plus you get high resolution scans of the original manuscript. Here's a low-res sample of what that looks like:
3. For €50 you get all of the above, a CD copy of the album with original artwork, plus three download codes for the digital album that you can share with friends.
4. For €1000 you get your own piece. I will talk to you about your life experiences and take inspiration from an idea or thought that you provide. When I write the piece it will be dedicated to you (or to someone you choose). I will give my heart and soul to honor your ideas and the emotions you wish to make immortal.
What happened to the Open Goldberg Variations?
In the music that I write myself I can express things that can't be said by recording another piece by Bach. For now, I'm focusing on my composition, and playing with my jazz band.
Risks and challenges
Here's the checklist:
1. ✓ Compose beautiful and compelling pieces
2. ✓ Go to the Teldex Studio and record those pieces
3. ⃞ Edit and master the tracks
4. ⃞ Release music
As you can see, the hardest part is done. The music has been written. I've played my heart out at the Teldex Studio. I still have to pay for the editing and mastering, and to finish things like the album cover and notes. Then I can share it with you!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (15 days)