Thank you to all those who helped make our Kickstarter campaign a smashing success!
“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” ~ John F. Kennedy
We look forward to delivering a product that will make you wonder how you ever got along without it.
To those who are visiting for the first time, thanks for taking a look. If you are interested in purchasing a Keyport Slide 2.0 or would like to learn more about us, then please visit mykeyport.com. We look forward to getting you ported.
Your Keyport Slide 2.0 comes standard with side plates as shown in the original rewards image (i.e. a white 2.0 includes white side plates with debossed white Keyport logo).
If we hit $150K, we will add four custom colored side plate options for $3.99 per pair:
- Blue plate with debossed white Keyport logo
- Green plate with debossed white Keyport logo
- Black plate with debossed white Keyport logo
- Fuschia plate with debossed white Keyport logo
"We were sold on the Keyport Slide when it promised not only to banish key-based clutter, but also incorporated two of our favorite things: flash storage and a beer access device. Now, the team behind it has launched a Kickstarter campaign for the Keyport Slide 2.0, which is faithful to the original design but adds more scope for customization." ~ engadget.com
Also featured in:
REINVENTING THE KEYCHAIN - SIMPLICITY, UTILITY AND STYLE
"A small key opens big doors." ~ Turkish Proverb
At Keyport, we believe that access is about more than just the ability to lock and unlock a door. It is about creating opportunities, finding refuge when needed, and securing what is most precious to you. We believe that easy access in all its iterations should be about both form and function - whether unlocking your front door, accessing critical data on your flash drive, or popping the top off an ice cold bottle of your favorite beverage.
Infusing utility with style, The Keyport Slide 2.0 replaces your traditional keychain by consolidating a broad spectrum of keys and many other everyday-carry items into one streamlined, indispensable device that easily attaches to any remote.
Simply put, the Keyport Slide is the Ultimate Keychain Alternative, and it is proudly designed, manufactured, and assembled in the U.S.A.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Like the Slide V.01, our second generation Keyport, the Slide 2.0, holds any combination of up to six keys (home, office, mail, padlock, auto, moto, high-security, etc.) and/or inserts (USB flash drive, mini-light, bottle opener, barcode holder, etc.) with more to come in the future.
The Slide has a number of advantages over a traditional keychain:
- Aesthetically Minimalist - Combines convenience, utility, and style
- Compact - Smaller than a box of Tic-Tacs; fits comfortably in the "fifth pocket" of a pair of jeans
- Lightweight - Fully loaded w/six key Blades, the Keyport weighs less than six equivalent keys due to the removal of key heads (see image below)
- Universal - Accommodates the vast majority of key types, including many chipped-auto and high-security keys
- Convenient - Easy one-handed access to each item with just the flick of a thumb; feel points on the nose coupled with the fact that Blades and inserts always stay in the same position mean that the user can determine which side and exactly which item to extend without having to look
- Comfortable - No sharp edges; doesn’t rip up your pockets or stab you in the leg...or elsewhere :) like traditional keys on bulky keychains
- Silent - Eliminates annoying pocket jingle
- Agile - Easier to remove an item from a Keyport than it is to take off a key from a conventional key ring
- Recoverable - Comes with a unique serial number which, when registered, can be used to reunite you with your recovered Keyport
- Customizable - Can be personalized to suit any lifestyle; conveniently swap out items on the go and comes standard with a spinner cap to easily attach loose items (e.g. auto remote or RFID fob)
- Stylish - Much sleeker than a keychain, the Keyport is more James Bond than Jerry the Janitor...no offense to janitors :)
- American Made - Proudly designed, manufactured, and assembled in USA
In short, the Keyport Slide is a very cool tech gadget, a must-have fashion accessory, and makes the perfect gift.
WHAT OTHERS HAVE SAID ABOUT KEYPORT
We have sold the Keyport Slide V.01 in over 60 countries, and it has been featured on many highly visible media outlets - ABC News Now, CNET, Discovery Channel, Engadget, Huffington Post, Luxury Las Vegas, Motorcyclist Magazine, RoadBike Magazine, RoadRUNNER, RunAroundTech, Super Street Bike Magazine, TechCrunch, TechSavvyAgent, Tech Toys 360, Urban Daddy, Where New York, and many more.
Here is a bit of the feedback we have received from both press and customers on the V.01:
"My Keyport Slide has become an indispensable tool. It's one of the two or three items I literally carry everywhere I go." ~ Larry Greenberg, RunAroundTech
"I just wanted to let you know how happy I am with my new Keyport. You've done an excellent job creating the entire system, and I can't say enough good things about it. Fit and finish are superb, function is excellent, and the convenience of it all is fantastic. I absolutely LOVE this thing!" ~ George via email
"The whole package comes across as something that Q developed down in the 007 laboratory. 'If you see this slim box, James, you'll notice that it contains your Aston Martin key, a flashlight, and a martini stir stick for emergencies.' " ~ Amanda Kooser, CNET
"Just received my Keyport Slide today. Thank you for the best invention since the invention of inventions." ~ Greg via Facebook
"Many have said it, but I think it's true: Keyport has, and will do for keys what the iPod/iPhone has done for music. It keeps them organised, manageable in an elegant form. Years from now, social observers will say 'How did people get by without a Keyport?!' " ~ Tim via Facebook
Since the release of our Keyport Slide V.01, we have worked diligently not only to build a quality product, but also to back it up with exemplary fulfillment and customer support. After all, each Keyport is personalized to suit the users particular requirements.
We have listened to the feedback from our existing customers and integrated several upgrades which include:
- Stronger Materials - To give the Keyport even greater durability, both the nose and end cap will be made of Ultem, a premium-grade resin that is often used in the automotive and medical industry. It's strong enough to replace steel in some applications and light enough to replace aluminium in others. This will give it the ability to handle increased torque needed for certain stubborn locks and auto ignitions.
- Lighter Weight - Fully-loaded with six key Blades, the Keyport 2.0 weighs less than the equivalent 6 common keys on a ring.
- Wider Range of Future Colors - Personalization was clearly an important factor, so we have constructed the body out of a custom Lexan polycarbonate in order to be able to offer the body in a broader array of custom colors in the future.
- Customizable Side Badges - We have incorporated removable side plates which are easily interchangeable. In the future, you will be able to submit your own designs to create custom badges from the Keyport Store.
- Spinner Cap is Standard - The Spinner Cap which allows you to easily attach auto remotes, fobs, lanyards, jewelry, and other items that do not fit in the Keyport is currently an option that costs $9.99 on the V.01. The Spinner Cap comes standard with the 2.0.
- Less Expensive - The primary feedback we received was that customers wanted a more affordable version of the Keyport. So, we have redesigned the Slide to reduce the cost of production by almost $10 per unit, all the while keeping manufacturing in the U.S., and we are passing on that savings to the consumer.
Future Keyport compatible products that we are working on (but that are NOT part of this 2.0 project) include bluetooth locator, aftermarket auto remote, inserts such a pen, stylus, and letter opener, as well as custom add-ons such as personalized side plates and new lanyard attachments.
HOW DO I GET MY KEYS IN THE KEYPORT?
The basic system is similar to the original V.01, and all blades and accessories that you may already own are compatible with the 2.0 version. The Keyport Slide holds up to six items, each of which are easily inserted and removed.
Keyport compatible keys, called Blades, feature a one-size-fits-all head and take the place of traditional keys, fitting securely in the Keyport Slide. Like traditional key blanks, each Blade blank uses the corresponding key blank number (e.g. ILCO or EZ) to identify key type. Once identified by key type, a customer’s keys may be duplicated onto the corresponding Blade blanks using virtually any standard key duplication machine.
After the campaign is over, you can complete our Key ID Form which you can use to take images of your keys. It is safe and takes only a couple of minutes to complete. Please do not upload your Key ID Forms until requested to do so, once the campaign is over. For U.S. and Canadian customers, we will identify your keys via photo and provide you with the matching key blanks you can take to any locksmith to be duplicated from your original set. International Keyport orders require that you send us copies of the keys which we will custom convert for you. We ask that international customers also complete a Key ID Form so that we can make sure that all of your keys are indeed Keyport compatible before sending them to us for conversion.
PLEASE NOTE - While we are able to accommodate many transponder-chipped auto and moto keys, they will not be included in the Kickstarter package. Kickstarter rewards cover standard, non-transponder chipped keys only. Transponder chipped keys can be purchased separately on our website.
SO, WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME? THE REWARDS
In addition to our sincere gratitude for your support, we have developed a series of rewards geared towards both existing Keyporters as well as new Keyporters. They include the following:
- Slide 2.0 by itself for those who already own a Keyport
- All Blade Bundle - Slide 2.0, colored buttons, and 6 Blades
- Tech Bundle - Slide 2.0, colored buttons, 4 Blades, 8GB USB flash drive, and mini-light
- Premium Bundle - Slide 2.0, custom buttons, 4 Blades, inserts (32GB USB flash drive, mini-light, bottle opener, barcode holder), and accessories (Mini-Reel, Keyport t-shirt).
We are offering limited availability Early Bird discounts for each of the above.
Kickstarters may choose from the following Keyport Slide 2.0 color options:
- White body with black bezel and end cap
- Black body with black bezel and end cap
- Red body with black bezel and end cap
Ordering Multiple Keyport Slides
Because of the Kickstarter Rules, we are unable to offer multiple Keyport Slide packages (e.g. Family or Business multi-packs). If the V.01 is any indication, we anticipate that the Keyport Slide 2.0 will be a great branding opportunity for businesses (corporate gifts and promotional items) and a great gift idea for individuals. So, if you are interested in multiple Keyport Slides, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will work with you to come up with a solution.
WHAT WILL WE DO WITH THE FUNDING?
Changing the world's interaction with traditional, non-descript, utilitarian keychains is quite a challenge as most future Keyporters haven't even thought about making keys cool, fun, sexy, or stylish. But it takes money to fuel the revolution, and we take the stewardship of your funding very seriously.
Keyport, Inc. will use your backing to bring the Keyport Slide 2.0 to market which includes developing production tooling, testing, fine-tuning, and initiating our first production run. We will also continue to offer top-notch customer support in helping to identify your keys, to fulfill your orders, and to do everything we can to make your experience an exceptional one.
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD
In addition to your pledge, please help us spread the word about our project
- Like us on Facebook and talk up Keyport with your family, friends, and co-workers
- Follow us on Twitter @theKeyport - Tweet about us #theKeyport, #Kickstarter, #GetPorted
- Follow us on Pinterest and pin Keyport to your boards
- Follow us Instagram and tag your Keyport pics #theKeyport
We are also looking for locksmiths, hardware stores, and specialty retail outlets that are interested in carrying Keyport products. If you are one or know of one, please send them our way to mykeyport.com/dealer.html.
Thank you, and we look forward to getting you ported!
I own a Keyport Slide V.01. Are all my Blades, inserts, and Nodes compatible with the Slide 2.0? Absolutely, your Blades, inserts, and Nodes are interchangeable and can be used in either Keyport.
What keys are compatible with the Keyport Slide? Keyport is compatible with the vast majority of the world's key blanks. This includes high-security keys such as Abloy, ASSA, Medeco, Mul-T-Lock, and Schlage Primus.
What about transponder chipped keys? Keyport can accommodate a wide variety of chipped auto and motorcycle keys. Chipped keys take up two ports in your Keyport, one for the Blade and one for the chip insert.
PLEASE NOTE - While we are able to accommodate many transponder-chipped auto and moto keys, they will not be included in the Kickstarter package. Kickstarter rewards cover standard, non-transponder-chipped keys only. Transponder-chipped keys can be purchased separately on our website. You can check our Auto Key Checker for more information on which auto keys are compatible.
What about my auto remote buttons? The Keyport Slide 2.0 is designed to easily attach to any auto remote via our spinner lanyard. With Keyport, you will have something worthy of connecting to that fancy fob you were previously attaching to that cheapo keychain.
What if I lose my Keyport? We have a unique Lost & Found Program to assist in the recovery of lost Keyports. If a Keyport is found and we are contacted, a Keyport customer support representative will contact the owner (each unit has a unique serial #) and facilitate a safe return. Yes, that's right, your Keyport has a customer support rep.
Risks and challenges
We have worked diligently to minimize the risk of this Kickstarter project, and you can back us with confidence for several reasons.
First and foremost, this isn't our first product. We are a company with a committed vision to creating universal access devices for the modern lifestyle, and we are dedicated to putting a Keyport in every person's pocket. We successfully brought the Keyport V.01 to market and have gained a great deal of experience with the nuances of design, manufacturing, fulfillment, and customer support of our product.
Secondly, as an operating company, our senior management team has worked together for several years. We have faced challenges before and successfully overcome them. We have assembled an expert team including world class manufacturers with proven skills and experience, all here in the U.S.A. Because our vendors are all U.S. based, we have the ability to maintain close contact with them and visit them on a moment's notice if necessary. Therefore, problems that may arise can be solved quickly and efficiently and won't cost several weeks if not months of time as is the case with many Far East manufacturing scenarios.
In addition to our design and manufacturing experience with the V.01, we have developed exceptional fulfillment and customer support departments.
"I received the new key you sent out to me today in the mail. I cannot thank you enough for sending it. Keyport continues to outdo itself and proves to be my absolute favorite company to deal with. I only wish all companies were this responsive and thoughtful to their customers. Please keep up the good work." ~ Michael Via email
"The agent knew just what i was trying to explain and used personal experience to help me with my problem. A+ service!" ~ via chat
"I would just like to thank Aimee and Michelle for processing my order, they were very helpful. My order shipped faster than expected. Thank you so much once again! =)" ~ Nhan via chat
“Just wanted to happily report that I've gotten my Keyport back thanks to the good samaritan and you guys! You guys have the best customer service! THANKS SO MUCH! =)” ~ Jason via email
WE'RE ALL IN!
Finally, the most significant reason for ensuring that we will deliver on our promise to bring the Keyport Slide 2.0 to market is that we have already taken the leap rather than hold up for our Kickstarter project to fund before getting started. In order to shorten your wait, we have put down all of the necessary deposits and initiated production tooling design.
WE'LL KEEP YOU POSTED
While we cannot possibly mitigate every issue that can occur to slow us down, we can promise to keep you updated with posts every couple of weeks on our progress. We estimate the delivery date to be sometime in mid-May. This includes a bit of cushion to account for the resolution of any unforeseen issues. When something happens, you will be the first to know via email, our blog, and on Kickstarter.
- (30 days)