- Click the 'Late Pledge' button above to be invited to our PledgeManager
- If you have any questions, be sure to check the FAQ and our most recent Kickstarter updates before messaging us directly
- Sign-up for our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and BoardGameGeek to stay up to date on all announcements about what’s next!
PARKS is a celebration of our National Parks featuring illustrious art from Fifty-Nine Parks Print Series. In PARKS, players will take on the role of two hikers as they trek through different trails across four seasons of the year. While on the trail, these hikers will take actions and collect memories of the sites they visit—memories being the resources in the game. Players will trade in these memories to collect National Park cards, mementos, at the end of each hike. You'll be able to purchase equipment and fill canteens to make your hikes more efficient, but at the the end of the year, it's the Park cards and photos you have collected along your journey that will win you the game. Welcome to PARKS!
We have all been inspired by our world at some point. In fact, if you’re like the people in the audio journals we've been sharing, then you have an inspiring memory of an experience you had in the wild. The Fifty-Nine Parks Print Series reached out to us and captured our imagination with the beautiful artwork they are creating in celebration of the United States National Parks. We could not think of a better way to help celebrate with them than to develop a game that makes use of this beautiful work and helps give back to the Parks themselves.
We’re committed to honoring national parks. Because of your help bringing this project to life, we will be making an annual donation to the National Park Service for the lifetime of this product. This donation will be based on gross retail revenue each year.
Additionally, Every dollar added to the tip jar in our pledge manager will be included in our first year’s donation.
PARKS' solo adventure puts you back on the trail, but this time alongside Park Rangers! Rangers will be moving alongside you as they take care of the Trail. In order to visit a site with a Ranger on top of it you'll need to use your Campfire just like in the main game. Enjoy your hike, but don’t take too long because the Season ends when the Rangers finish the trail!
Solo Mode Includes:
- 2 Hikers vs 2 Rangers
- Ranger Movement correlates to the Gear cost revealed that turn
- Rangers pick up Weather (Sunshine or Water) on Tiles they land on and it is placed in their Tracker
- If Rangers collect three Sunshine or three Water, then the corresponding event is triggered such as a Government Shutdown. After its action resolves, a new card is revealed
- Rangers skip over tiles with Hikers as they don't want to impose on the Hikers' experience of the Trail, but they don’t mind sharing a space with each other
- The first Ranger to reach trail end will close down a Park and select an additional effect
- Hikers caught on the trail when season ends cannot take any further actions until the next season
- Official Solo Rules available in the rules folder above
Our love of board games all started with a standard deck of cards—so when Fifty-Nine Parks brought up the prospect of doing playing cards as well, we jumped at the opportunity! Each face-card will house a park for a total of 12 Parks in the deck. In this set you’ll find: Acadia, Arches, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Great Smoky, Joshua Tree, Mount Rainier, Olympic, Rocky Mountain, Yellowstone, Yosemite, and Zion. The deck will be made with the United States Playing Card Company on premium card stock featuring sustainable forest paper and vegetable-based and metallic inks.
The items below are things you can add to your order through Backerkit after the campaign is over.
How do I add these cool things?
You can look through the items below, select the ones you are interested in, see how much they all cost, and add that amount to your pledge right now if you want. This extra money will appear as a credit in Backerkit. You do NOT have to do this! Once the campaign is over, you will be sent a link to finalize your order. All the things will be there.
The Fifty-Nine Parks Print Series is a celebration of our National Parks. The strength of the series comes from an eclectic mix of artists and the unique beauty of each park. Every screen printed poster is printed here in the USA. Fifty-Nine Parks' goal is to get poster fans into the parks and parks fans into posters. The full series is currently being archived by The Library of Congress.
Visit their website for more details and to view their collection of wonderful prints, many of which are available for purchase. Remember they donate 5% of their sales to the National Park Service too!
Keymaster Games publishes board games with captivating experiences and elegant designs. Our games can be played with the friends and family around you in the hopes of creating deeper connections and fun memories.
Keymaster is happy to offer retailers an opportunity to back PARKS. Any pledges made in this way will be fulfilled at the same time as backer fulfillment. Here are some things you should know before you pledge:
1) You must be an authorized BRICK & MORTAR reseller (you will be asked to provide your reseller's certificate) in the US, Canada, EU/UK, or Australia. If your store is located elsewhere, you must arrange your own US/CA/EU/UK/AUS based freight forwarder.
2) By pledging, you are agreeing to purchase a minimum of 1 half case of PARKS. In the pledge manager, you will be able to increase your order by half and full case increments. Regardless of your order quantity, you will be receiving 1 free copy to be used for demos in your store. All copies you receive will include all unlocked stretch goals and any Kickstarter Exclusive materials unlocked by the campaign. Distribution copies of the game will NOT include Kickstarter Exclusive materials.
3) Additionally, you will be able to order playing cards by the "brick" (increments of 12 decks). Shipping will be charged separately for playing cards.
4) The pledge amount you are making is a deposit and does not reflect the full charge of the minimum order. After the campaign has ended, we will contact you for your resellers certificate and you will be able to select your quantity in BackerKit. Your payment will be due in BackerKit once the game has arrived at Port in the US/EU/AUS. In addition to your BackerKit receipt, we will provide separate invoices upon request.
5) We will cover the shipping cost for your order. If you have any additional questions (e.g. the price breakdown per unit), please reach out to Keymaster games by email or through the KS messaging system.
6) Fulfillment on these orders will be congruent with the fulfillment of individual backers. We will plan to send out updates to retailers specifically, as the need arises, through Kickstarter Updates.
By pledging to this project, you acknowledge that the final look, materials and content of the rewards (and the project) are subject to change and may differ from what is presented while the Kickstarter project was active.
You are responsible for confirming your pledge, address and other information required to ship your product to you in a timely manner. If you do not log in and confirm your pledge within 8 weeks of our notification via email, you agree that we have fulfilled our obligations to you in full for payment or donations received. However, we may, at our discretion, refund or ship your pledge if you contact us and confirm your pledge after the 8 week window has elapsed.
After two shipping attempts to your provided address have failed, you will be responsible for any additional postage/shipping costs to ship out your rewards again.
We plan to promote and sell retail copies of PARKS at Gen Con. Our goal is for fulfillment to be well underway prior to August, but it is likely that games will be sold at Gen Con before we finish fulfillment. Gen Con pickup will be available. Retail launch is targeted for October, but we reserve the right to change this based on fulfillment status.
Risks and challenges
If you are reading this, then you are seriously considering our project. Thank you! We are very confident that we will deliver you an incredible experience. We have successfully completed four campaigns and are currently in the process of delivering a fifth. The game will be ready to go to pre-production by March 1st and from there, baring acts of God, we will be able to hit our August fulfillment date.
Regarding manufacturing, we will continue our partnership with Panda Games Manufacturing. More information on Panda can be found at pandagm.com
Regarding fulfillment, shipping happens. We have not finalized a partnership with a fulfillment company, but we will prioritize the following in our selection process:
1. High level of customer service regarding communication and issue resolution
2. Accountability for timelines
3. Quality of shipment (picking accuracy and package safety)
4. Balance of speed/affordability
5. Customs Friendly (US, CA, EU, AU)
- (21 days)