Missed the funding period? Don't worry, visit ET-Designs.com
What is “KeyZ”?
KeyZ is the next generation solution to the key ring, and more.
We live in a digital world, but we still have to deal with keys. The age old design of the key ring no longer meets the need.
I have designed a solution which is…
Nothing met my needs. So I designed and built KeyZ.
KeyZ is an all-American made product that lies flat in your pocket using minimal space.
Features and Benefits:
KeyZ is the THINNEST key holder on the market, with 0.025 inch stainless steel handles. You’ll never want to put a key ring in your pocket again.
KeyZ is silent. Stainless steel spring washers hold everything in place with perfect tension.
KeyZ is offered in multiple textures and finishes. Smooth lines and rugged elegance speak to the flawless combination of form and function.
With the KeyZ Glow, you’ll never have to struggle in the dark to find your keys again. This KeyZ is just as strong and durable, and also glows in the dark.
The flowing form conceals the jagged cuts and rough edges of the keys to prevent snagging and poking.
KeyZ is compatible with any metal key, no matter the shape, size, or number of teeth. KeyZ works with them all, from a tiny mailbox key to a large car key.
KeyZ accommodates many other day-to-day items, such as ID & access cards, RFID chips, or the 32 Gigabyte USB drive that comes with every KeyZ. Built with a loop at the top of each handle, KeyZ works with lanyards and car key fobs too.
The self-locking screws prevent the KeyZ from loosening or coming apart.
KeyZ’s asymmetrical shape allows you to “feel” the key you need.
Five different size hex wrenches and a bit holder are built right into the handle.
All other key holding devices limit you to a specific number of keys in arbitrary increments (i.e. 4 or 10 keys). KeyZ is different. It easily accommodates any number between 1 & 6 keys, or anywhere up to 12 keys with the extension pack, and even allows for additional keys or fobs via the attachment loops at the top.
・DURABLE & TOUGH
KeyZ’s spring steel stainless steel washers keep everything consistently snug and secure. Unlike the rubber washers found in other products, KeyZ’s “wave washers” will not deteriorate over time; they have been designed to last a lifetime.
KeyZ has been engineered to remain strong. 100% of its components are made from 304 and 400 series stainless steel. Throughout extensive testing, we have failed to induce a material failure and the design exhibits no signs of weakness or fatigue. Some of our more extreme tests include 30ft. free-fall onto concrete, driving over with SUV, and even chucking it against brick walls.
Optional multi-tool adds substantial functionality in a single key space.
About our USB:
During the design process, I once again misplaced my USB and went online to find a replacement. The cheapest 32GB USB (Link) flash drive I could find was $30; it was then I realized that I should include a high-capacity USB Flash Drive with every KeyZ.
I’m proud to offer every KeyZ with the added feature of the included, built-in 32GB USB flash drive!
These stylish USBs take up just one spot in your KeyZ. They come in a variety of colors: Silver, Black, Red, Green, Blue, Pink, or Gold.
About our screws:
One look at this picture of our screws versus the other guys will show you why we designed a new kind of screw. These pictures are not photoshopped or distorted. Their screws are really that much bigger than ours. They’re longer because they have to fit the other key holder's thicker handle pieces inside of their screw as well.
The other key holding devices utilize inexpensive and inappropriate screws.
Here’s why we didn’t use them:
- They are made out of low-grade aluminum;
- They loosen over time;
- They are thick and bulky;
- They are difficult to assemble because they are Chicago screws and one end spins when attempting to tighten the other end;
- They accommodate only a specific and arbitrary number of keys.
- Our screws are made out of stainless steel; they are stronger and smaller;
- We designed multiple high tolerance shoulder bolts which accommodate the exact number of desired keys, always bottom out so that they won’t loosen while maintaining the perfect tension on the keys keeping them from “floating” but too tight to move easily.
- The screw heads are incredibly thin and virtually unnoticeable in your pocket;
- Our shoulder bolt screws into a fixed stand-off allowing solid tightening;
- KeyZ can be adjusted to properly and securely hold ANYWHERE from 1-12 keys. This is possible because we provide multiple screws with every KeyZ.
Our screws are awesome, and they solve all of those problems. Here is how we engineered these special screws to solve all those problems:
The beauty of KeyZ is in the details…
KeyZ’s quality is reflected in our refusal to compromise in any aspect of design or material:
- The 400 series stainless screws are not prone to stripping or cross-threading like aluminum;
- The 300 series stainless handles are not prone to rusting like carbon steel;
- The polyurethane coated handles are not prone to gouging or scratching like anodized aluminum;
- The smooth lines and polyurethane coated rounded edges are not prone to scratching other objects in your pocket or purse;
In short, KeyZ was built to last... FOREVER.
About the multitool:
- Two flat head screw drivers
- A pry bar
- 5 of the most common hex wrench sizes (1/4”, 5/16”, 3/8”, 7/16”, 1/2”)
- Bit holder
- A box opener
- A 1/4 inch ruler
- A centimeter ruler
- And of course, a bottle opener.
The KeyZ Multitool is made out of heat treated stainless steel for extra strength. Thin, like the USB, it was designed to take up only one spot in your KeyZ.
Colors offered / Stretch goals
The KeyZ is offered in a variety of colors: black, blue, red, stainless steel, Glow in the Dark, and Hammertone. All these colors will be available from the start of the funding period. The more backers we get, the more colors we can offer. As we reach our stretch goals, we will be offering KeyZ in green, yellow, and purple.
Upon successful funding, each of our backers will be surveyed and allowed to choose between any of the original colors and/or colors made available during the funding period.
What Is Hammertone?
KeyZ is excited to bring you our newest finish: Hammertone, one of the toughest coatings on the market. The raised texture of the Hammertone finish gives KeyZ a rugged look and feel. It's stronger, tougher, and more durable and wear-resistant with the same sleek and slender appearance.
Which Reward Is right for you?
- Product development: has been completed. We have gone through numerous prototypes and redesigns. We now have the exact model seen in the video.
- Kickstarter Campaign: Now it’s time to raise the funds ($21,000) to bring this product to life. To start production, we need to produce a minimum of 500 KeyZ’s, but we don’t have the funds to do that by ourselves. This is where you come in.
- Production: Our handles, wave washer, and stand-offs are each made by speciality manufacturers in California who we are partnering with, and our screws are made by a micro custom screw manufacturing company in Washington. We are certain that no matter how many orders we get, we will be able to deliver on schedule.
- Fulfillment plans: We have a precise timeline of when we receive all the parts from the manufacturers. We have arranged everything with UPS, and are ready to ship out KeyZ within two weeks of getting the last part.
From the designs, to the manufacturers, to the shipping company, everything is lined up and ready to go. We have taken every step we can to make sure that KeyZ is delivered to your door as fast as possible. Now all we need is your help.
KeyZ is a custom made, built in America tool. We didn’t skimp on materials, and we didn’t just buy screws from a manufacturer. We designed and built the screws ourselves. With these top materials, and cutting edge design, KeyZ was purposefully built as the world’s first simple and intuitive way to carry keys.
Don’t forget, every KeyZ comes with the added feature of a 32GB USB FLASH DRIVE, and ships for FREE anywhere in the US.
Risks and challenges
We have been working hard for months perfecting KeyZ. After finalizing the manufacturing process, KeyZ is ready for its Kickstarter debut.
10/25/13 - Kickstarter funding period begins
12/01/13 - Kickstarter funding period ends
12/01/13 - Place Manufacturing orders for all parts
1/28/14 - Receive last shipment of parts
1/28/14- 2/14/14 - package and ship KeyZ
We plan on doing whatever it takes to ship by or before 2/14/14!
Thank you for all of your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (38 days)