The first part if our Kickstarter is funded. Thank you supporters, friends, family, new friends - the ride has been amazing on this "little keto kickstarter that could."
Its hard for many to initially "understand" Keto. Especially if they do not eat tons of meat. Its painful to start Keto and its easy to get "knocked" out of by eating too many carbs. Our bars make it easy, with less than 3 net carbs. We call our brand KetoDose. And you can trust us, our plant-based ingredients and mission are transparent.
See, we believe that keto can change lives. It's one thing to see the massive weight loss from food addiction being kicked. And then, when you see autoimmune disorders, epilepsy, and more go away...you understand this is not a fad, this is real change.* DISCLAIMER: some folks have asked us about keto's explicit health benefits. Having a health ailment, or reaching a health goal is hard, and to not be insensitive to that, we can only present research, and make great products. This is what we are here to help with.
As our founder has been afflicted by cancer in his father's life twice, we went into "deep nerd" learning about keto, We changed the way that all of us ate, and then asked ourselves a question. Why don't we unite the perfect, plant-based ingredients from the Amazon rainforest that have macros that will keep you in ketosis? This is keto on a mission.
We promise to:
- Provide macros that have less than 3.0 grams of net carbs, and to include the exact amount, down to the decimal level. You don't get knocked out of ketosis.
- Pay fair trade prices for cacao, macadamias and local ingredients, and have a 0 carbon footprint in this Kickstarter.***
Can we do it? We need your help!
PART 1: From November of 2018 to May of 2019 we completed the development of two keto bars with incredible macros (below). To make sure you don't get knocked out of keto we focused on the following low-carb ingredients:
- macadamias (~76% fat)
- criollo and trinitario cacao (45-55% fat, depending on variety and terroir)
- brazil nuts (~66% fat)
The macros for each bar come in at less than 2.5 NET CARBS per bar, with over 15 GRAMS OF FAT, per bar of 40 GRAMS. There is no added sugar in any of these bars, they are lightly sweetened with a natural fruit called monk fruit. New to keto or not, these bars have been taste-tested and are unbelievable. We also, completed a product called keto cacao nibs, and keto chocolate bars (more info below).
PART 2: July to October of 2019 if we accomplish our stretch goal, we will finalize costing, and scaling strategies for the two different keto coverings to cover our bars with (right now the products exist, are delicious and handmade). This is really hard to do, because these machines called "enrobers" are very difficult to build and we use unique ingredients too. In the meantime, we will add four different keto chocolate bars our our artisanal portfolio.
FINISHING IN JULY: There is a 3rd bar in development, and called "CHOCOLATE JUNGLE." Prototypes are pictured above. For this bar, we are utilizing our keto cacao nibs, with macro goals of 16 grams of fat and 2.8 grams of net carbs, finalized by July 30.
A bit of background...we are a group of souls, led by a native New Yorker living in Colombia, learning about the secrets of the worlds healthiest foods there. We want to have 0 "trust issues" with the ingredients that we use ourselves and make for you. With our previous experience in chocolate manufacturing, we focused on three amazing ingredients - brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, and cacao, all grown in Colombia, where we have a small, funky, beautiful little chocolate factory that we are making sugar-free.** It can't get much cleaner or better than that. Read more, make a pledge, and join us for the ride.
We actually have five years of experience (making plant-based paleo foods at Tilin Tilin Chocolate), building relationships in Colombia where we support small farmers, paying above fair trade prices, going to previously fragile, dangerous regions like El Choco and the Amazonas, and making plant-based products, for export to the USA and Spain. We donate 2% of net profits to sustain the Amazon.
...since we were able to reach our first goal, we head to our "stretch goal", which involves more...keto dark chocolate!
- Our stretch goal is to be able to scale out our production to retailers like Whole Foods, build a machine to cover our keto bars with keto dark chocolate - maintaining amazing macros and sealing in the goodness of our fats. These come in chocolate with sea salt, and matcha chocolate.
- For our kickstarter rewards as we head down the stretch, we will offer our line of unreleased keto chocolate bars as well. These are more difficult to make, because they are handmade, but they have amazing reviews and why wouldn't we want to offer you more chocolate! The flavors are in the infographic, and they come in a base of 75% dark chocolate made with heirloom cacao. They are handmade, 40 grams, with a serving of 20 grams coming in at 1.8-2.5 net carbs per serving (for the highest being cashew).Any questions, or special needs let us know.
Ingredients here for the DARK CHOCOLATE: Cacao, allulose, sea salt from Colombia. For the MATCHA CHOCOLATE: Artisanal cacao butter, allulose, coconut, organic soluble tapioca, organic matcha (.40g).
The potential of these new products we are launching has the ability to fundamentally change the success of keto, low-carb diets (particularly if you lean towards a diet of plants). Help fund in our mission. Our rewards are below. We will wow you with our products. And if we are not offering something you are interested in, ask us. It's amazing what asking does.
- Our early bird 1 box reward will include a variety pack of 9 bars, with an extra bar that will be hand-dipped in keto dark chocolate. Its 20% off and will be gone soon.
- Our Chocolate Starter Kit: A variety pack of 8 keto bars, with two extra bars that will be hand-dipped in keto dark chocolate. Added to that is our sustainable hand-woven basket of 4 keto bars, choosing from the flavors above (Brazil Nut, Almond, Macadamia, Cashew) 21% off, sealed in biodegradable packaging.
- Our Cacao Starter Kit (33% off, and we eat $10 shipping and get you nibs right away!) In the last week of June at KetoCon, we debuted a product called Keto Cacao Nibs, heirloom Colombian cacao nibs slightly sweetened with monk fruit and yacon syrup and with 2 net carbs per serving. The nibs are an ingredient in our Chocolate Jungle product. The reception at Ketocon was astounding. It shows what happens when we finish the last products for the kickstarter.
- Our Double Chocolate Starter Kit: Everything in the Cacao Starter Kit. Plus, add 3 more keto Cacao Nibs, and 3 handwoven baskets of 4 chocolate bars each. (33% off)
- Lastly, if you are interested in our $599 Keto Bars + Create your Keto Dark Choc Reward We will message you and send you flavors for you to choose between to craft this for you.
Reviews have been numerous and astounding
- "My kids loved them" keto_with_casey
- "My homage to these amazing cocoa nibs from my new friends...If these are representative I would sure like to see what else they can do" - @keto_barb
- "the cacao nibs as they're my favorite - such a rich chocolate flavor without all the added sugars."@SandyEatsBlog
- "OMG cacao nibs were incredible on pancakes!!! Had a nice crunch in it too" - @ketoish.sara
- "The nibs are really interesting and tasty" - @ketocookingschool
- "I'm officially obsessed with them" @ketocortney
- "Oh my gosh, its so much different from the bitter ones" - Ketocon
Danny Michlewicz and the team at KetoDose and Tilin Tilin Chocolate
P.S. With your thoughts, suggestions, positivity and pledges, your encouragement and kindness, we will get to the finish line and ship out first bars October 1 2019. Every pledge, word of kindness, drives us to connect you to the pristine regions of Colombia's biodiverse rainforests, where you know you could trust the food. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
*we can make no claims as to our products curing, treating any of these. We just ask that you one day, go to KetoCon, an annual conference in Austin at which we debuted on June 28, and hear for yourself the stories of people affected by keto, fasting, and low-sugar diets. Likewise for those interested, Valter Longo of USC has written extensively about fasting and his research has shown that a high fat, low carb, low protein calorie restricted diet decreases the IGF-1 cell signaling pathway in cells, which has shown to decrease cell aging in mice, and is actively being studied in cancer and longevity research. Google him for more info.
**Everything is made in a soy-free, dairy-free facility, to be sensitive to allergy problems, although we process tree nuts.
*** This Kickstarter is carbon neutral, utilizing a company called CarbyBox to help track and use carbon credits towards shipments of product, and samples, as well as product packaging.
Risks and challenges
100% GUARANTEED: In Colombia we've been making chocolate for five years. We've got the oompa-loompas to prove it. And an incredible engineering firm to build out the machine we are raising money for. So, we have you no matter what. If something outside of our control were to happen, I'll refund everyone immediately.
On the project management side, we already debuted the handmade version of the bars at KetoCon. Reactions from influencers in the field were incredible. The brazil nut bar was actually, the most popular, however with the help of our community, we will open up our R&D for the next month to make these even better. For the first 200 rewards, if there is a delay - then we think its on us to get your products to you on time. And so, we will literally make them by hand and they are already a proven in the market, beautiful deliciously delectable keto food, so its not a question of if you get them on time, but how quickly you'll want to restock once you've tried them.
For first 200 orders:
First machine built by September 1st
Finish production in the first two weeks of September
Send out our bars by Monday September 23th, prior to October 1, our projected deadline.
- (31 days)