$565 - More books printed for sale at Small Press Expo PLUS a bonus page in the PDF to showcase comic scripts for chapter 2.
The Legend of Jamie Roberts is the story of...well, Jamie Roberts: a genderqueer pirate, and their two best friends, Thomas and Daniel. One day, during a pirate raid with the crew of Captain O’Malley, the trio finds an unfinished map. Jamie takes one look at this map and says...
Thus begins Chapter 1 of The Legend of Jamie Roberts. It was a webcomic that updated once a week on Wednesdays, and now Chapter 1 is going to print!
What’s in the print version that the online one won’t have? Well, there will be…
- a one-page bonus comic featuring Captain O’Malley (never before published online!)
- behind the scenes character sketches
- and more features!
Now, The Legend is also on Patreon, and that’s how these comic pages could update online so consistently. Patrons on Patreon who also back this campaign will get an extra mini-comic in their rewards!
“Wait,” you may be saying, “if you have a Patreon, why run a KickStarter campaign?”
Because a) Patreon covers groceries and art supplies, and b) this KickStarter is to cover the stuff that Patreon can’t cover.
So what WILL the KickStarter funding cover? Here’s the breakdown:
- $150 for the ISBN and Barcode
- $115 for printing, set up fee, and getting the books to me
- $100 for shipping to backers
- $50 for printing miscellaneous backer rewards
- $50 for any surprise costs (international shipping, transfer fees, and other costs would be covered by this)
What rewards are available for backing this project? Those are listed already, but they include:
- physical and digital copies of the book
- a new 11x17 inch print to hang on your wall
- and other goodies!
So if anything fits your budget, I hope you can pledge!
If you’re broke, please share this campaign with your pirate-loving friends. Every share helps.
Thank you for your support!
You. Are. Awesome.
Risks and challenges
This is my TENTH KickStarter campaign. I only failed 1 campaign out of those 10, and I learned from that failure these key things: set a reasonable asking goal with a reasonable time frame. I think $465 in 13 days is doable (It's certainly been done in previous campaigns).
Otherwise, I think succeeding 9 times out of 10 can speak for itself. I know how to get rewards done, and I know how to do them quickly.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (13 days)