Night of the Living Dead Puppets is a short film about a group of puppets who attempt to save their town from a zombie invasion. Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on February 24, 2012.
About this project
Ahhhh… puppets. Cute. Friendly. Colorful puppets. They talk in those silly voices. Most of them dance, sing or do some other wildly entertaining thing. But what happens when these cute, colorful, friendly, silly talkin’, dancing, singing, entertaining puppets die? What then? Well in the case of Night of the Living Dead Puppets, they come back to life, hunt down the living and feast on all of their juicy little bits. All of this changes when a group of locals tries their best to defeat them and take back the town.
The film is a comedic take on the zombie genre, melding the classic Muppet-style movies with the gore and suspense of a brain eating zombie fiesta.
Night of the Living Dead Puppets was envisioned 7 years ago by Corporate Filmmaker, Graphic Artist and Puppet Builder, Keith L. Allison. After years of testing various patterns and building hundreds of different puppets, Keith created his own stylized zombie puppets that he will build on a grand scale for the production.
The film is currently in pre-production, meaning that we are in the process of designing the puppets, building the props, and looking for voice actors & puppeteers. The script has been written and the storyboards are under way. Principal indoor filming is set to begin May 2012 and hopefully have the film finished by September.
Eventually I’d like to make this short film into a feature length production. This film will involve many in-camera classic horror film tricks as well as a host of digital visual effects. This is not going to be your kids’ puppet movie. There will be blood – lots of it. And puppet guts… And brain munching.
Once complete, we plan to submit the film to as many festivals as possible as well as produce DVD’s in order to show the world that a simple idea can be brought to life (no pun intended) with hard work, dedication and some help from the World Wide Web.
We are seeking funding to accomplish the following goals:
1. Purchase the materials necessary to create an entire cast of characters. We’re talking in the neighborhood of 100 puppets! This is where the bulk of the money is going. The main characters are professional quality puppets made from Antron Fleece and Reticulated foam. To make 100 puppets, there are lots of materials needed. Felt, fleece, foam, eyes, hair, clothes, internal organs, brains, arm rods, contact cement, paint, etc., etc. Not all the puppets will be built to professional standards, the zombies will be made from poly foam and a proprietary skin material. Longevity is not the goal with the zombies. Killing them is.
2. Purchase a high quality microphone to record the dialogue. What good would an awesome zombie movie be with a lousy soundtrack? No good I tell you.
3. Purchase assorted lenses for the Canon 5D Mark II.
4. Feed the crew to keep them happy and alive. Having crew members starving and cranky isn’t as much fun as you’d think. All crew members will also be receiving DVD’s and Night of the Living Dead Puppets shirts. Crew’s got to look good.
5. Purchase materials for blood, building sets, props, weapons, and more blood.
6. Purchase additional marketing materials for festival submissions.
7. Obtain materials for making air cannons in various sizes. The budget would be astronomical if we had to hire an explosives expert and obtain additional insurance and permits. Pneumatic power will be sufficient for simulated bullet hits and exploding extremities.
Making short films is always a challenge. Making a short zombie puppet film should be an experience! Everything has to be created from scratch, the characters, the props, the backgrounds – every detail that won’t fit the scale of the puppets will need to be created. Items that can’t be built practically will be digitally created and composited. This is a large undertaking indeed!
CAN WE EXCEED OUR GOAL?
Remember, KickStarter is all or nothing. If the funding goal is NOT reached, no money is paid out and the project stalls until I can find additional funding. If the funding surpasses the goal, then we can make an even better movie.
For your part in chipping away at our goal, you can help breathe life into a puppet – and then watch as his head explodes in a shower of beautiful blood and gray matter.
Here’s a better look at some of the rewards:
Visit the official website, 'Like' us on Facebook, ‘Follow’ us on Twitter or send an email. Pass this project on to someone else that has a thing for zombie movies. Pass this project on to someone else that has a thing for puppet movies. Tweet about it, Blog about it… shout about it from the rooftops that you want to see this movie made! A lot of time and effort has gone into getting the production to this point.
This movie NEEDS to be made… but we can’t do it without your help!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Thank you - Every dollar helps!!Estimated delivery:
As thanks for your pledge, we'll add your name to the backer section on the Night of the Living Dead Puppets site as well as in the Backers section in the movie credits. Imagine seeing your name every time you watch this short!Estimated delivery:
For your contribution, you'll get your name listed as above PLUS you'll receive 2 Night of the Living Dead Puppets decals to slap on your car window, tool box, fridge, co-worker's car, your grandma's walker... you name it!Estimated delivery:
At this level, you'll receive the same as the $10 reward but you'll also receive a copy of the DVD when the film is complete! (DVD shipped after completion of movie)Estimated delivery:
Okay, at this level, you get the $10 reward as well as a DVD with behind the scenes footage and limited edition insert card. (DVD shipped after completion of movie)Estimated delivery:
Lucky you! You'll get the $50 reward PLUS you'll also receive a Night of the Living Dead Puppets T-shirt. Show the dead puppet love while out on the town. (DVD shipped after completion of movie)Estimated delivery:
Awww yeah! Pledges at this level get the $100 rewards PLUS... wait for it... a limited edition 24" x 36" poster. Add some class to your bare walls. Show your friends how much you love zombies or hate puppets - or love puppets and hate zombies. (DVD shipped after completion of movie)Estimated delivery:
0 backers Limited (4 left of 4)
Everything in the $250 pledge is yours... BUT, you get the added distinction of having one of the main characters in the movie named after you! You can even choose whether you live or die! How awesome is that? (DVD shipped after completion of movie)Estimated delivery:
0 backers Limited (4 left of 4)
Welcome to the Baller level! I'll list it out for you:
Thanks on site and in movie credits,
2 decals, DVD with Behind the scenes and insert card, T-shirt, Poster, Character named after you AND... A screen used puppet. If you want the one that was named after you, it's yours... (DVD and puppet shipped after completion of movie)Estimated delivery:
- (32 days)