Hello and thank you for taking the time to check out my Kickstarter campaign.
I'm Katie and I write songs.
Last January I moved to Nashville, TN by way of Austin, TX after spending a few years in Boston, MA and originally hailing from Indianapolis, IN. Through a few mutual friends and a handful of random coincidences I met producer/writer/fellow Hoosier, Eli Chastain. A couple weeks after our initial meeting, Eli introduced me to producer/engineer/Minnesotan, Jason Miller. The three of us quickly realized that we are all in Nashville for the same reason: to make good music with good people in the best way we possibly can. With that goal in mind and my collection of songs, we formed a team and made a plan to record my first fully produced record, 'Twenty Something'.
As an independent musician, recording an album without the financial support of a record label is tough. This is where you come in. $7800 is not just a random number. Every dollar of that has been mapped out in a budget which includes:
- Studio Time: We will be recording in country singer Bryan White's studio in Brentwood, TN (it's the studio in the video).
- Musicians: We're lucky enough to be working with bass player Steve Mackey (Dolly Parton, Wynona Judd) and drummer Nir Zidkyahu (John Mayer, Jason Mraz). We'll also have string players and backing singers joining us in the studio.
- Engineering, Production, Mixing & Mastering: All the button pushing, knob turning, mic placing, fine tuning studio magic that will make the songs sound shiny and sparkly.
- Album Artwork, Manufacturing & Distribution
I can't do this on my own.... I need your help!! In return, for every pledge there is a 'thank you' reward (listed to the right). The higher the pledge, the bigger the reward but believe me when I say any dollar amount is a huge amount to me.
If we raise the money, you will start receiving updates on our progress in the studio starting in October and by December, digital downloads of 'Twenty Something' will be sent out along with the other reward packages.
If we do not reach our goal of $7800, the project will not be funded, your credit cards will not be charged, and none of the reward packages will be sent out. Let's not let that happen... We can do this!
Thank you for the support, thank you for the inspiration, and thank you for listening.
With love and gratitude,
* Video by AJ Gibboney (http://www.ajgibboney.com/)
- (30 days)