About this project
Here's another sneak peek of a Mushface Comic original.
- If we reach our goal, we'll do 30 hours straight of the Keith and The Girl show and stream it to you live!
- We'll have rotating guests throughout the marathon.
- You'll be able to listen, watch, call in and send text feedback during the entire marathon!
- For every $500 over the goal, we'll extend the marathon an extra hour... and book even MORE guests!
It's up to YOU to decide how long we go! About Keith and The Girl
We talk with comedians about current events, pop culture, politics and even intimate details of our lives. We started the show out of our spare bedroom in our house in 2005. We used to date, but we don't anymore. An hour after we broke up, we recorded another show.
Now we live separately and have a dedicated studio for the show where we create funny new shows 5 days a week.
Check out this video to find out more about us!
About the marathon:
The 30 hours will contain hilarity with us and your favorite KATG guests. We'll make sure that there is a rotation of awesome friends and comics coming into the studio providing you with the biggest ha-has a show can bring.
The marathon is scheduled to start on Saturday, March 1st, 2014. The show will stream online for free. We'll also have cameras in the studio so you can watch the show using our chat room. An audio download will be available for purchase afterwards.
You'll be able to access the marathon live, easily, via our website: KATG.com.
We'll post the updates here, Facebook, and Twitter with confirmed guests.
Past marathon guests include:
Highlights of past marathons include:
- Keith and The Girl commemorative marathon tattoo
- Listener phone calls including a marriage proposal
- Prank calls that inspired the hilarious Clowned by The Girl CD
- Live musical performances Production costs
Producing a project of this size costs thousands of dollars for software, server, studio equipment, staff and food. The money from this Kickstarter will fund these things to bring you a show packed with entertainment. With your help, we will cover the cost of running this marathon.
A list of expenses: recording equipment, marketing, server bandwidth for video and audio of show and group chat, graphic design, staff, food & drinks (soda/liquor/beer) for staff and guests, post event editing, promotional ads and a NEW KATG APP (on both Android and iPhone).
This will be the most interactive and fun marathon yet! Why?! Because YOU'RE there!
Risks and challenges
Kickstarter asks everyone to include a list of risks and challenges they face. Below is a list our challenges and how we plan to overcome them.
Technical Challenge: ensuring the server can handle the traffic load since the last marathon had several hundred people chatting and listening.
- Addressed by maintaining a high-powered server, high-tech chat software and extra bandwidth for heavy traffic loads.
Production challenge: ensuring the cameras and studio equipment functions properly
- Addressed by bringing in dedicated technicians.
Production challenge: ensuring the show streams properly throughout the marathon
- Addressed by having a backup high-speed internet connection along with a cell phone wireless hotspot.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (31 days)