About this project
We record a new hour-long podcast every weekday. On the show we talk with comics about current events, pop culture, politics and even intimate details of our lives.
If we reach our goal, we will record a non-stop comedy marathon with at least 50 popular comedians. You've seen our guests on shows such as David Letterman, Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Fallon, @midnight, Comedy Central, Last Comic Standing and more.
We're celebrating 10 years of podcasting the Keith and The Girl show by going on our first tour! We're looking forward to traveling on a tour bus across the United States with some of our favorite KATG guests: Katharine Heller, Myq Kaplan, Myka Fox, Danny Hatch, and Lauren Hennessy!
- For every $500 over our initial goal of 15K, we'll extend the marathon an extra hour and book even MORE guests, up to 30 additional bonus hours for a total of 60 hours!
It's up to you to decide how long we go!
- 40k - All the CD/DVD downloads in the KATG store available for free to all donors on all levels.
- 50k - ALL downloads in the store are free for all donors on all levels (that includes our audio books and past marathons).
- 75k - The audio download of The Fucking Bible will be available for free to all donors on all levels. (This is Keith’s interpretation of the bible. (It’s quite theatrical.))
We started the show out of our spare bedroom in our house in 2005. We used to date, but we don't anymore. An hour after we broke up, we recorded another show.
Now we live separately and have a dedicated studio for the show where we create funny new shows 5 days a week.
Check out this video to find out more about us!
Risks and challenges
Kickstarter asks everyone to include a list of risks and challenges they face. Below is a list our challenges and how we plan to overcome them.
Technical Challenge: ensuring the server can handle the traffic load since the last marathon had several hundred people chatting and listening.
- Addressed by maintaining a high-powered server, high-tech chat software and extra bandwidth for heavy traffic loads.
Production challenge: ensuring the cameras and studio equipment functions properly
- Addressed by bringing in dedicated technicians.
Production challenge: ensuring the show streams properly throughout the marathon
- Addressed by having a backup high-speed internet connection along with a cell phone wireless hotspot.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (32 days)