I'm Karli Webster! I'm a 21-year-old college student studying Music Industry at USC... Fight On! I've spent my entire life living in Santa Clarita, California - a suburb right outside of Los Angeles, which I am happy and honored to call home.
My entire life has revolved around music. From hanging out in green rooms at my dad's hard rock concerts as a child, to starting classical piano training at age 4, music has been my ultimate passion from the very beginning. I spent much of my youth traveling throughout California competing in classical piano competitions and singing in my church's worship band. I wrote my first song when I was 5-years-old for an elementary school competition and I haven't stopped writing music since that moment.
In February of 2017, I made a spontaneous decision to audition for NBC's The Voice. It was an absolute honor to join Team Miley on the 13th season of the show and make history, being a part of the first all-female team on the show! I had the opportunity to sing such beautiful songs made famous by women I deeply admire, like Carly Simon, Linda Ronstadt and Dolly Parton. My experience on The Voice was truly incredible, but now I'm ready to share more of my own voice through my original music.
My mom always told me to "shine my light" and help others shine too. I know that when I'm creating and performing music is when I shine my brightest. I've always loved the way music brings people together. Watching people dance, sing, and join together for a song is one of the most beautiful life experiences, and through my debut EP I hope to influence a sense of togetherness and unity.
Although I've spent my whole life loving and creating music, I do not have many resources to get it out in the public - Which is why I need your help! My lifelong goal is to be able to connect with and inspire others through music and this EP is my opportunity to make that happen. I cannot explain how much your support means to me, whether it be through a prayer, a pledge, kind words and comments, donations... All of it means the absolute world to me. I'm SO ready to share this music with you, and I'm very excited to have you join this journey with me. THANK YOU!
Risks and challenges
Recording Costs are EXPENSIVE! I'm a commuting college student and former barista... You can bet that I DON'T have plenty of cash rolling in to make this thing happen. I also don't have a recording contract or label helping, so really, it's just you and me, buddy.
Here's the breakdown:
1. The Producer: This person is the ultimate creator and the brain behind the EP. They will have the punishing task of having to translate the ideas and sounds I have in my head into a song that you will love. I want to deliver the best sound I possibly can - and for that, I need the best producers I can possibly get.
2. Studio Rental: Without this I'll be recording in my messy room and be countlessly interrupted by my cats.
3. Studio Musicians: I don't want this EP to just be me and my piano... I want you to hear my music come alive through various instruments and I want those instruments to be played by awesome, talented people.
4. Mixing Engineers, Mastering Engineers, & Recording Engineers: All master-minds who make sure everything sounds right so your ears won't be sad.
5. Artwork: That cute little booklet inside the album has to look good and interpret my music visually!
6. Production & Distribution: This includes digital and hard copies of the EP which will be produced in large quantities.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)