Die Fly! is a 2-6 player card game where players use a fly swatter card to swat flies and collect them for points. The more flies you kill the more points you are awarded. It is simple to learn, takes about 15 minutes to play, yet provides hours of entertainment as your whole family will want to play it again and again.
- 108 cards (110 with stretch goals)
- Rule Booklet
- (and of course the box)
- In Die Fly! each player will take turns discarding a card onto one of two discard piles.
- When one of the discard piles has the flies in it you want, use the Fly Swatter card at any time out of turn to kill the flies and collect them for points. The more flies you kill the more points you receive.
- Points are awarded at the end of the game, and are cumulative in two ways. 1) Collecting the different types of flies will award you a specific amount of points. 2) Collecting as many of the same type of fly will award you more points the more you have of that type.
Here is an example of how the points are scored:
- There are other cards in the game that allow you to:
Here is a playthrough with my beautiful family!
Indietabletop review - skip to 5:37 for the review.
Through the last week of our campaign we are offering a referral program. If you refer 3 new people to buy the game on our Kickstarter we will send you a free copy of the game. They will need to pledge at least $12. Anyone you refer will need to mention your name in a message to the creator. Yes, you may receive a free game for each three you refer. So talk with your friends and have them join us.
Thanks again to everyone who has been a part of this adventure in any way!
Risks and challenges
This is our second time launching Die Fly! on Kickstarter. I have learned a lot over these past six months. There has been some great additions to the game including the Frog and the Spider from continually play testing it. I know there is still a lot more to learn, but I truly feel I have done my research and have gone through the right process to create a fantastic game for you. One thing that has been a challenge is as a school teacher as my full time job I haven't had a lot of money to spend on marketing and advertising. I'm taking the risk of not having enough professional reviewers to review the game. Many of the reviewers charged more than I was able to pay, and I know that may hurt whether some of you jump on board or not. One thing that would make a huge difference would be to have your help in sharing this page in every way you can. I promise this game will be a hit with anyone you play with.
There will always be risks with any project that is created, but I do feel I've done the proper research to minimize those risks. I have set the date to get the game in your hands far enough in the future that even with set backs I'm confident that you will be able to receive the game by August.
I am committed to bringing you a great product and promise that what ever further challenges arise I'll take them head on with dedication and perseverance. Join with me in this grand adventure!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)