Open the KALLIO workSHOP with your contribution!
Our mission is to provide you with simple and beautiful ways to engage in conscious design and living. But we need you to help take Kallio to the next level, and open the Kallio workSHOP, a consciously-minded retail and workshop studio in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
The space will fulfill 3 exciting roles:
1) KALLIO HQ: Work/SHOP will be the new home and HQ of Kallio, so we can continue to grow and create our conscious kidswear line for you.
2) DESIGNER POP-UPS: The space will also be home to other like-minded brands through monthly pop-ups, bringing you an exciting and ever-changing array of beautiful and thoughtfully designed apparel, jewelry, homewares, and more.
3) WORKSHOP SERIES: We’re launching an exciting workshop series where artists and designers will teach simple and sustainable design techniques -- from urban gardening to re-imagining vintage to food styling and photography. We’re bringing it to you!
The studio needs some love before we can open for business this holiday season.
With your support, we will be able to transform this raw space with a new ceiling, natural floors and warm lighting. We’re also designing the space so it’s modular and multi-functional to easily accommodate the Kallio studio, the designer pop-up shops, and workshop series.
Kallio started as a consciously-minded kidswear brand out of Brooklyn, New York.
After working in the fashion industry for 10 years, I was inspired to create Kallio because I saw first-hand how much waste we’re creating. It’s hard to believe, but roughly 85% of textile waste ends up in landfills, which amounts to enough material to re-create the Rocky mountains.
With Kallio, I saw a wonderful opportunity to help fashion a cleaner, better future by creating a modern yet classic kidswear line 100% made from re-purposed men’s shirts. We give love and attention to the quality of our designs, preserving original detailing to create unexpected, modern classics that kids can be kids in.
What We Stand For
Our process is simple yet thoughtful.
- We believe in local. It starts with locally sourcing high quality fabrics that are then cut by hand in our small Brooklyn Studio. Each garment is sewn by a women’s cooperative in New York’s historic Garment district. By staying local, we are able to support the community and reduce our carbon footprint.
- We design for form + function. Every garment is hand-crafted with high-quality materials to create unexpected, modern classics that kids can be kids in.
- We value connection. Original detailing hints at each garment’s story, and encourages conversation about where our clothes come from and the memories kids make wearing them.
- We create community. Collaboration with like-minded people is key to fashioning new ideas that drive sustainable solutions.
JOIN US and become part of the solution to a more conscious way of living.
Remember, Kickstarter funding is ALL OR NOTHING! So in order for us to open the Kallio workSHOP and deliver your one-of-a-kind Kallio pieces, SPREAD THE WORD to your friends, family and other Kallio supporters via Facebook (Kallio), Twitter (@kallioNYC), Instagram (@kallioNYC) and Pinterest (kallioNYC).
We'd love to talk to you. Feel free to message us or e-mail us: Info@kallionyc.com THANK YOU!
We’ve created an array of rewards exclusive to Kickstarter as a massive thank you for helping us reach our goal. U.S. shipping is included! International shipping is based on item selected.
AROMATHERAPY SACHET ($15) -Freshen the air and lift your spirits with a one-of-a-kind lavender/cedar sachet made from a shirt cuff. Smells heavenly. Hang it in your car or wardrobe, or put it under your pillow for a good nights sleep.
CUSTOM ECO TOTE ($25) - The Kallio recycled cotton canvas tote bag includes a handy interior cuff pocket for easy organizing. Like all our products, it's made in USA.
BABY BLOOMERS* ($30) You will receive a one-of-a-kind bloomer. Available in sizes Newborn (0-6M) & Toddler (12M- 24M) (Retail Value $37)
MULTI-PURPOSE POUCH ($45) You will receive a one-of-a-kind pouch, that can be used as a purse, pencil case, diaper pouch, make-up case what ever your imagination can dream of.
SLEEVE PANTS* ($50) - This relaxed, drop crotch pant is a favorite amongst our customers. Available in two sizes Baby (6-12M) and Toddlers (12M-2Y). And is available in Poplin, Indigo and Flannel. (Retail value $60)
SUMMER DRESS* ($60) Your Choice of Kallio dress (Beach, Tank, Kimono) from our Poplin collection. Available in sizes 2Y, 4Y, 6Y, 8Y. (Retail value up to $84)
HOODIE* ($70) KALLIO HOODIE! Your choice of Kallio hoodie in Poplin, Indigo or Flannel. Soft and cozy perfect for Back-to-school. Boys love this shirt. Available in sizes 2Y, 4Y, 6Y, 8Y. (Retail Value $84.)
TWO KALLIO GARMENTS + KALLIO TOTE ($150) - Your choice of any two Kallio garments (as pictured above) + the Kallio canvas tote. Great pieces for the season of your choice. (Retail Value up to $200)
QUILTS ($250) - Only 5 of these gorgeous hand-made quilts exist in the world. Each quilt has been made with love and attention to detail. They make the perfect Baby Shower gift or use it as a throw on your sofa. (Retail Value $330).
CREATE YOUR OWN POP-UP (1-Week $750 & 1-Month $3000) Are YOU a designer or artist whose work is based in Sustainable Conscious Design? We invite you to rent the Kallio WorkSHOP space for your own Pop-up, share your story and work with our community. You will have access to part of the Kallio workSHOP space (approx 400sf), free WIFI, design your own space using our modular fixtures, outdoor signage. Please contact us with any questions.
*Due to the nature of how we source our materials, each Kallio garment is one-of-a-kind. We offer specific styles, sizes and fabric types. Each garment will vary in pattern, color and details.
Risks and challenges
We have spent the the last couple of years building solid relationships with our production partners. That said there may be some unexpected snags that come up in the next few months, WE PROMISE to be upfront and candid about these obstacles as they arise. They may include:
THE EVENT OF OUTRAGEOUS DEMAND
This happens from time to time on Kickstarter and so we have made sure that our production partners are ready to take on increased demand.
We ship our products through USPS, however, we will make sure that we keep track of your order at all times and communicate openly about it's progress to you.
International backers are responsible for import taxes and duties to their respective countries.
Each Kallio garment is one-of-a-kind, we offer you the choice of style, size and fabrication. However, the pattern and color will vary from one piece to the next.
- (26 days)