Just Organic Tea - Loose Leaf Tea with a Conscience!
Just Organic Tea - Loose Leaf Tea with a Conscience!
Love your Neighbor, Love your Planet, Love your Tea! You'll smile when you experience our handpicked, expertly blended line of teas.
Love your Neighbor, Love your Planet, Love your Tea! You'll smile when you experience our handpicked, expertly blended line of teas. Read more
About this project
Just Organic Tea – Love your Neighbor, Love your Planet, Love your Tea
Love your Neighbor: We strive to ensure that the farmers and workers who supply our ingredients are treated justly, and fairly compensated for their work. Your purchase helps farmers build sustainable businesses that can improve an entire community’s lives on a day-to-day basis.
Love your Planet: All of our tea blends are certified USDA Organic. Conventional tea growers spray their tea with a variety of fertilizers and pesticides. Due to the lax regulations in the countries where tea is grown, toxic chemicals outlawed in the USA are often used. Organic farming ensures you will receive a naturally delicious cup of tea, free from any harmful chemicals. In addition, you minimize the environmental impact of harmful farming practices. Does organic taste better? We think so, but don't take our word for it. Try it yourself!
Love your Tea: We deliver the finest, best tasting, most aromatic tea you'll ever experience. We source only the highest quality tea and blend it with the freshest ingredients. Each blend is lovingly crafted for maximum flavor. Prepare to fall in love with tea all over again as you breathe in the rich aromas and begin to taste the exquisite flavor profiles.
Meet the Team
- Seth Evans - Founder, VP of Sales. Seth is the the one who blends each of our new flavors, picking the best mix of spices and essential oils for maximum taste and aroma. Seth also loves playing with his twin daughters and his loyal Labrador.
- Elizabeth Evans - CFO, VP of Marketing. Elizabeth (or Ellie, as her friends call her) is usually the first one to test each new blend. She keeps the finances in order and communicates our message to the masses. Ellie also enjoys teaching her twin girls to paint.
- Rasul Welch - Photographer, Videographer. Rasul (or Rus) makes sure the beauty of our products shines through in print and on your screen. Plus, he plays a mean game of checkers.
Why We Need Your Help
Until now, we've blended our tea in small batches. This has helped us fine-tune our recipes to their current level of quality, but has also resulted in limited availability and higher prices. Now that we have our blends perfected, we're ready to mix in bulk – giving us the ability to meet higher demand and lower our prices while maintaining the high standard of quality we've set for ourselves. To order in bulk, we must order a minimum of 50lbs of tea for each blend we create. Considering that each teaspoon of tea weighs less than one tenth of an ounce – that's a lot of tea! With your help, we can reach our goal and provide you with the very best organic tea at a fair price for everyone – our growers, ourselves, and you!
Reward yourself with some delicious tea! We've structured our rewards to give you the most bang for the buck. Check out the reward levels to the right, and the corresponding pictures below. Receive free shipping anywhere in the USA, or a nominal fee outside the USA. Spread the word and share the love. Thank you so much for your support!
Choose from the following varieties of tea:
- Oothu Black: A smooth, balanced black tea with a long leaf. Blends perfectly with milk and sugar, but flavorful enough to stand alone. Also makes a great iced tea. This premium black tea is bio-dynamically produced in the Oothu Tea Estate, in Manimuttar, India. Fair trade & organic certified.
- Assam: A bold, malty black tea. Looking for a stronger black? You've found it. A great breakfast tea with a caffeine kick that won't leave you groggy. Our Assam tea is sourced from the famous Banaspaty estate in India. Fair trade & organic certified.
- Earl Grey: We've blended our premium black teas with a generous amount of oil of bergamot for a rich sensory experience. If you like Earl Grey, you'll love Earl Greyest. Fair trade & organic certified.
- Masala Chai: Spicy and full of flavor. Our premium black teas mingle with cinnamon, clove, cardamom, and orange peel for an intense full-bodied flavor. If you like your chai spicy and rich, pick this blend. Or, for more tea flavor and less spice, mix with our Oothu tea to fit your taste. Fair trade & organic certified.
- Pumpkin Spice Chai: A sumptuous blend of premium black teas and spices. Revel in the taste of ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice. Prepare with milk and sweetener for a truly decadent cup. Organic certified.
- Orange Spice: Our premium black teas provide the backdrop for the sweet tartness of organic Valencia orange peel and exotic spices. Tastes great hot or iced. Or, prepare with milk for a unique chai.
- Peach-Apricot: Try something new with this mix of premium black teas and natural peach and apricot essence. The flavor is rounded out with lemon myrtle and calendula flowers. Organic certified.
- Organic Sugar: Our sugar is purely sweet, made from organically grown, evaporated cane juice. If you choose this option, you get double the amount! So, for every 2 oz. of sugar you select, you'll actually receive 4 oz.
- Deluxe Wooden Display Box: An Elegant wooden hinged box with 6 clear lid tins to display your loose leaf organic teas. This felt-lined box makes a great gift or gives a dramatic presentation.
- "TeaZe" Over-the Cup Infuser: The Teaze infuser is a revolutionary new method of steeping loose leaf tea by the cup. Insert your desired dry tea or herbal tisane leaf into the steeping chamber, add hot water and watch the leaves tumble as the tea develops to the desired color and intensity. To dispense, simply place the Teaze infuser on top of any standard mug or cup. This step activates the flow-through valve, and allows the liquid to filter into your cup.
- Large Storage Canister: Protect your teas from light, air and moisture while sealing in the freshness. This canister is the perfect way to store your tea, keeping it fresh for a year or more. Holds approx. 8 oz. (half pound) of tea.
- $5000 – We are fully funded, and you can experience some great organic tea!
- $6000 – All $35+ level backers receive a free sample of their choice.
- $7000 – All $35+ level backers now receive a SECOND free sample of their choice.
- $8000 – As a community, help us create a new flavor and add it to our lineup. All $35+ level backers get a THIRD free sample of this new blend!
- $9000 – Sweet! All $35+ level backers now receive a 2oz. pack of our organic sugar for FREE.
- $10,000 – Wowzers! All $35+ level backers receive an extra 2oz. of their choice of tea blends!
Discount for Shipping to Canada
Live in Canada and want some great tea? Awesome! We're now offering a $5 discount on the shipping of any reward to Canada. Simply contribute $5 less than the required amount, and email us to confirm your reward level. Alternatively, you can contribute the standard amount, and we'll send you a bonus sample set of at least 3 flavors, or an additional 1 oz. of your choice!
Risks and challenges
Possible risks include delays from our tea growers, and the time it will take to carefully blend our teas for your enjoyment, especially if we receive a tremendous quantity of orders. However, we have established relationships with our growers, and they have shown themselves to be quite reliable. We will also work hard to blend, pack, and ship orders in a timely manner. If any challenges do arise, rest assured that we will keep you in the loop with regular communication. We want our tea in your hands as soon as possible, so you can recommend us to your friends!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)