The witches of Black Branch are on the hunt. KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE custom dice.
"Creates wonderful moments..." and "I think you're going to like it a lot." Great Undead Viking Review here.
"Sickest Witch is picked up quick, is loaded with dice rolling action, strategy, and a stinging flavor of wickedness. It's a fun co-op encounter adventure until it's not, then you parse out pain to your teammates in order to claim glory. It's a fast and fun must-play."
John De Campos - Baltimore Rock Opera Society and game maker
In Sickest Witch, you and your friends will isolate enemies and take turns attacking until you can harvest a body part. Hands, hearts, livers -- witches imbue them with magic to make themselves more powerful. Although a group of witches attack the same target, it's the witch that strikes the killing blow that gets to harvest a body part and imbue it with powerful magic. The witch with the most body parts (spells) wins.
- 1-6 players.
- 15-60 minutes. You control the length of the game during setup.
This is a casual RPG-like game that you can take anywhere. By controlling the number of enemy cards, you can dictate how short or long your game needs to be. The rules are simple. Even if you aren't familiar with RPGs, you will pick it up in minutes.
Replayability is unquestionably high. Though this is a simple game, the tension and fun relies on the nearly limitless variables of the spell cards and dice rolls. No game will ever be the same.
Competitive yet somehow collaborative. All players are attacking the same target and no players die. It's just the best (and sometimes luckiest) Witch that wins. It's a feel good game of endless slaughter.
- 52 double-sided enemy cards with body parts and spells
- 1 double-sided enemy hit point card
- 6 Witch cards
- 6 double-sided "natural" spell ability cards
- 6 custom (Roman Numberal) four-sided dice
- 1 twenty-sided die
- Instruction cards
- Black cloth bag for portability
- Full color box
- One great thing about Sickest Witch is that it is very easy to wrap up mid-game and pick up where you left off. Just place the witch cards with the body parts they've harvested, stack them on the enemy deck, and you're good to go.
What Makes Sickest Witch Different?
- Even when it's not your turn, you are an active player. You will be looking for certain dice rolls to upgrade your abilities or re-roll spells.
- Nothing is wasted. Each card is double-sided, adding layers of gameplay.
- Fast paced tension. As players advance and kill more enemies, your abilities scale to the escalating tempo of the game.
- Portable. Take this game with you anywhere. Leave the box safe at home and take it on vacation or to a convention.
Special Edition Box
For $59 you get a special edition copy of Sickest Witch. The box is cast from a solid piece of heavy HydroStone. The lid is laser cut wood. These are pretty awesome, frankly. All stretch goals apply.
Kickstarter Exclusive Arsenal Box includes SICKEST WIZARD
Add another layer of brutality to Sickest Witch with weapon, spell and familiar cards from SICKEST WIZARD. These cards function like the Witch ability card, delivery extra damage to your common enemy. Play as six different Wizards. More cards will be added to the deck/box as the kickstarter progresses.
The Arsenal Box is only available through this kickstarter.
Fulfilment / Shipping
Two different companies will be shipping the Deck Only pledge and the Full Game pledge so it's not cost affective for us to let people add on / mix those items. If you want both an early deck and the full game later, pledge for the full game now on Kickstarter and buy the deck on DriveThruRPG in May when the campaign is over. Woo!
If you only order one copy of Sickest Witch and the price ($15 USD) is under the amount that your country's customs requires an additional fee, then you will not pay anything extra. You can read more about that here:
Risks and challenges
This will be our tenth Kickstarter in 2 years. Some of them have been modest and some a bit larger. We hope that this is our largest one yet.
Manufacturing and fulfillment will be provided by people other than us. We don't see any real roadblocks as we have the artwork finished and have play tested the game heavily.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)