Introducing the Action Jacket.
A first of its kind, limited edition, running, hiking, outdoor, do-anything jacket.
The Action Jacket is a whole lot of awesomeness, but it's also the first of its kind with a patent pending removable device cinching system so you can keep your phone close to your body when running, moving, or hiking.
What started as a collaboration between a former Army Ranger, and an award winning outdoor apparel designer, Roxanne Weippert, was fine tuned with the help of 2,800 awesome people who improved the design to make the Action Jacket what it is today.
Limited Edition: The Action Jacket is a 100% passion project. We wanted it to exist, so hopefully the Kickstarter universe will make that happen.... but....we're only planning on one production run, so get it while you can!!
As seen on video: Adventure Tested by the JUMPER Fam.
Secure Your Mobile Device and Go Anywhere: A Super packable design that protects you from the elements and secures your mobile device with a patent pending feature.
Our goal was to build a 3-season jacket that is so light, breathable and comfortable, it will become your everyday jacket from the office to your adventure.
The technical design, size spec and stretch fabric all work together to offer complete freedom of movement for the most demanding activities. The adjustable contoured hood, drop tail hem and cuffs are all designed for added weather protection. If you adventure in the night, we have you covered with 360 degree reflective protection.
The Action Jacket uses EVERTEK’S Ever Light Shell, a rugged and highly breathable fabric from Everest Textiles.
EVERTEK’S stretch-woven 90 gsm softshell is matched with Dupoint Teflon’s Shield DWR, repelling water, wind and stains. This fabric combines a rugged nylon for a highly abrasion resistant layer, with spandex for stretch. The technical design, size spec and stretch fabric all work together to offer complete freedom of movement for the most demanding activities.
Introducing the 1-505 Socks. From your office to your adventure; we've made these socks to look like your dress socks but to perform like a best-in-class running sock. We've added mesh venting, heal and toe padding, arch compression, and ankle support along with a premium nylon blend feel.
Have a club or company and want to buy in bulk? We're happy to customize a group of Action Jackets with your logo. US orders only.
Daniel and Andy both know what it means to rely on good gear. Daniel, a former paratrooper and Army Ranger, and Andy a technical ski wear entrepreneur, launched JUMPER at the end of 2015 with the aim to make everyday wear simply better. JUMPER started with an everyday base layer undershirt, and then followed up with their next product, the JUMP PANTS, that launched right here on Kickstarter in September 2016.
Risks and challenges
The ACTION JACKET is built around a first of its kind concept and a patent pending design feature. Outside of pioneering a better way to secure your mobile device, we have set out to build a 3-season jacket that is better than any other jacket in its class.
Manufacturing technical apparel with the complex textiles, applications and the number of components that the ACTION JACKET features, can create delays. That being said, the JUMPER Team has over 20 years of design, development and manufacturing experience. We are committed to mitigating delays in several ways:
1. We are manufacturing with a factory that we have a decade long relationship with. This factory is a supplier to leading brands in the snow sports, hunting and fishing industries.
2. We are sourcing our textiles from an industry leading mill that supplies many of the top apparel brands in the outdoor industry.
3. We have completed 3 full rounds of prototypes, including 3 rounds of in-house development on all key features. We have had over 20 adventurers and acrobats testing our prototypes. We now have kick ass working samples!
4. We are relying on experienced team members with 20+ years of technical apparel design, development, and manufacturing experience.
5. We've built in contingency delays into our 5-month timeline. Our production schedule includes custom milling our textiles, components, cutting, sewing, QC and shipping. We not only have a team, but factories and mills committed to this project being a success.
All this being said, we will be continuously updating backers through the manufacturing process and offer complete transparency on work in progress.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (40 days)