World of Mythology: King of the Hill (Canceled)
5+1 Heroes, 36 Gods, 12 creatures, 42 miniatures, 2-6 players, 60-120 min
World of Mythology: King of the Hill (Canceled)
5+1 Heroes, 36 Gods, 12 creatures, 42 miniatures, 2-6 players, 60-120 min
Welcome to the World of Mythology! Long live the King of the Hill!
Also, add-ons are available! Just add that sum of money to your pledge. In the end of the campaign you'll be able to select add-ons in the pledge manager.
World of Mythology the card game is our first project on Kickstarter. The game consists of 5 factions: Greek, Egyptian, Norse, Slavic and Hindu. Each pantheon includes 12 gods (60 characters in total). You can get more information about the card game here. But the game has been changed. We've redesigned UI of the game, especially for this occasion. All god's powers are now written on the cards, the size of the cards is now smaller and more comfortable (poker deck parameters). Feel free to ask questions, if you are interested in this add-on.
The Son of the Eclipse expansion is a fresh addition to the World of Mythology: King of the Hill. It will include a new hero (actually anti-hero), 3D miniature, special die and new game mechanics. The main idea is to add a hero to the Order of the Eclipse (mixed faction), who will hunt on other heroes and push the Cthulhu counter. We don't want to call him Moctezuma now to avoid offending the Mesoamerican legacy by showing him as an anti-hero. More details about the new game mechanics will arrive a bit later.
Important information: shipping costs are not included as they depend on the full backer data and all unlocked stretch goals influencing on weight and volume of the box. Shipping will be charged after the campaign using a pledge manager through BACKERKIT. Shipping costs will be around $10-20.
World of Mythology: King of the Hill is a new strategic, role-playing board game, both competitive and cooperative, you can play in a group of 2 to 5 players. The incredible universe of the game includes mythic heroes, deities, creatures, and artifacts from over 11 mythologies.
There are 6 mythological trees in the basic version of the game: Greek, Slavic, Egyptian, Norse, Hindu and Mixed pantheons. In a basic version of the game all pantheons include 6 gods and goddesses.
Each god holds a rune quest. If you pass the quest, get a powerful artifact.
Only 5 pantheons have their Heroes in the basic version of the game: Greek, Slavic, Egyptian, Norse and Hindu. So you can play for: Heracles, Baba Yaga, Ramesses, Fenrir and Karna. In the future we will add alternative Heroes including a Hero for the Mixed pantheon.
There are 6 Monsters in the basic version of the game. Five of them can be summoned by Heroes: Hydra, Vodnyk, Sphinx, Bergelmir and Garuda. Cthulhu appears when the Eclipse counter comes to ten and can be controlled by the Hero who owns the dark matter master token.
Each pantheon has its Guardian. In case of every quest failure your Hero will fight against one of the 6 Guardians: Harpy, Lisovyk, Anubite, Valkyrie, Naga or Skeleton. All Guardians have unique abilities and second level entity. With the basic version of the game you will get 30 Guardian miniatures (6x5).
Each pantheon has a God whose quest is the Arena, a place where a Hero must defeat 3 Guardians. In the end of the Arena you'll get 3 rewards, a powerful passive artifact and the Arena champion token. Collecting 2 Arena champion tokens gives the right to go to the Holy Hill.
"Rewards" is a shared deck with the copies of 11 prizes, a hero can get for:
- Discovering a new land
- Passing the god's quest with only one throw
- Defeating a guardian creature
- Building a temple of Rewards
- Using a specific artifact
- Selling artifacts
"Secrets" is a shared deck of 19 interaction cards, a hero can get by:
- Starting the game (all players get some Secrets in the beginning)
- Buying with dark matter tokens
- Discovering a cursed land
- Building a temple of Secrets
- Passing the OoE god's quest
There are 5 types of Temples in the basic version of the game: Health, Attack, Reward, Secret, Market. After passing a quest or defeating a Guardian you can build one to get an instant bonus. Each Hero owns 7 Temples: 5 basic Temples and 2 bonus Temples (Heracles owns 2 bonus Temples of Attack, Baba Yaga - 2 bonus Temples of Secrets, Ramesses - 2 bonus Temples of Rewards, Fenrir - 2 bonus Temples of Health, Karna - 2 bonus Markets).
Besides 8 decks of cards, big Hero and Monster cards, small Artifact and Guardian cards, 41 miniatures and 42 temples in the basic version of the game you'll also find a big greatly illustrated map, 3 types of dice (8 in total) and many tokens.
And this is not the end! We believe that together we'll make the game legendary! That's why we want to present you our stretch goals including new Gods, Heroes, Events.
And now let's know more about the rules and gameplay. Please watch the video below:
UPDATE TO BASIC RULES
To make WOM more strategic we'll make 4 steps which will not change the existing fun and simplicity of the game.
Step #1. You don't have to go to the blind land if you decide to go to the adjacent tile. You can pick two adjacent cloud tokens and choose one where you want to go. This will help to make a strategic decision depending on what mythology you present or what elements you collect.
Step #2. Dice quest is not the only way to get an artifact. It's the fastest way to get it - as an instant chance. But if a player failed to win an artifact by throwing the right dice combo, they can get it on the next turn by their choice: by beating a guardian or by completing a quest (for example, "Discover a Greek mythology land" or "Build a temple near the sea").
Step #3. We are going to add trading to the game. Thus you can exchange your artifact on another player's artifact one-to-one or with adding some reward cards.
Step #4: Collecting 3 artifacts of one color allows you to transform them into one super artifact consuming all those 3 artifacts.
1. Each hero begins their way from the appropriate side of the map: Fenrir from the Northern Mountains, Heracles from the Forest Hills, Baba Yaga from the Swampy Woods, Ramesses from the Desert Dunes, Karna from the Indian Terrains.
2. Make a move to the unexplored land, get a random reward for the exploration, flip a cloud token and discover the mythology of the land.
In the beginning, all tiles are covered by cloud tokens. All of them have a rune on the other side. You can pick two adjacent cloud tokens to choose one and go on that tile.
3. Take a card from the deck of the appropriate mythology and find out a god protecting the land.
4. Complete the god's quest by throwing dice, beating a Guardian or completing a mission to get the god's artifact and the right to build a temple on this land.
First of all, you can win the god's artifact by throwing 5 dice right after discovering a new land.
To pass the god's quest a hero has to get the right combo out of 5 dice in 3 throws. There are 5 types of god's quest combo out of 5 dice:
The right dice combo gives you the god's artifact.
5. If the dice quest has been failed, you can get the god's artifact later by choosing from:
- Beating a guardian from the mythology of the land
- Completing a mission (for example, "Discover a Greek mythology land" or "Build a temple near the sea")
A guardian is noticed in the right bottom corner of the god's card.
6. A hero and a guardian attack in turn. A hero throws 5 dice once to get at least one die of their mythology and deal damage to the opponent. A guardian makes its move with the guardian die and can either attack a hero or heal itself.
Each guardian has two difficulty levels and a unique ability:
- Harpy and Harpy Queen steal dice
- Anubite and Anubite Prime always attack first
- Valkyrie and Great Valkyrie block the first hit
- Lisovyk and Grand Lisovyk always give a feedback
- Naga and Naga Queen always attack twice
- Skeleton and Skeleton Prime grow after every miss
If a hero plays an appropriate gift card from the deck of Secrets, a guardian leaves the hex without fighting. A hero gets the reward card as if they defeat a guardian.
7. If a Guardian has been defeated, get the god's artifact, a random reward and build a temple on this land.
- Temple of Health / get +3 HP
- Temple of Attack / get +2 attack points
- Temple of Rewards / get 2 random Rewards
- Temple of Secrets / get 2 random Secrets
- Market / trade full artifacts and buy secrets
8. If you are dead after the fight with a guardian, lose 1 reward on that tile, resurrect in your camp (starting point) and restart your victorious way.
9. You can avoid a fight with a Guardian and get the god's artifact by completing a mission (for example, "Discover a Greek land" or "Build a temple near the sea").
10. After building a market, you can trade your artifacts. Thus you can exchange your artifact on another player's artifact one-to-one or with adding some reward cards. Collecting 3 artifacts of one color allows you to transform them into one super artifact (consuming all those 3 artifacts).
11. Hex after hex your hero becomes stronger and has more artifacts, secrets and rewards.
12. The main goal for the Phase 1 is to open the center of the map (the Holy Hill) by one of the 4 keys.
- By 10 victory points (from the deck of rewards)
- By building 7 temples
- By building temples on 5 different lands
- By collecting 2 Arena champion tokens (or other portal tokens).
13. After opening the center of the map, your hero has to beat a Guardian, summon a gigantic monster from your mythology and become the Contender for the King of the Hill title.
Here is the fight with with Karna's monster Garuda:
1. The gigantic monster guards the Contender and begins the phase by using its extraordinary power.
2. All other heroes move to the center of the map to fight against a gigantic monster and the Contender.
3. Every gigantic monster has a special ability it uses as soon as it rises:
- Hydra: grows new heads
- Sphinx: pushes opponents into sands
- Bergelmir: summons wolves
- Vodnyk: strikes all by massive waves
- Garuda: blows opponents out of this world
- Cthulhu: controls opponents' mind
All heroes and a massive monster attack in turn. A hero throws 5 dice once to get at least one die of their mythology and does damage to the opponent. A gigantic monster makes its move with the monster die and can either attack a hero or heal itself.
4. Using artifacts and secrets can help heroes to defeat the giant monster and then to kill the Contender.
5. If the Contender survives 5 rounds, a hero becomes the King of the Hill and the game ends.
6. If the Contender dies, a hero who has killed the Contender goes to the center and becomes a new Contender continuing rounds left. The new Contender cannot summon a gigantic monster of their mythology.
1. A player can pick the dark matter from the deck of rewards.
2. The dark matter can be used for buying secrets and replacing a black die in the god's quest throw with any other rune.
3. If during the god's quest a player throws a die with the skull icon, one dark matter card can be played as a joker to replace that die on any other.
4. There are 10 slots on the Cthulhu counter. If someone activates the 10th slot, Cthulhu rises and the second phase begins immediately.
5. A hero with the biggest amount of activated black matter cards becomes a master of Cthulhu and controls him until the game ends.
Below you can read a rulebook (without a new strategic pack of rules, see the Gameplay phase 1 update) of the game in English. After the campaign it will be translated in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Ukrainian and Russian.
If you like the art of the game and want to spread the news about the game, here you can download WOM avatars:
Thanks to LOOK in AR we are always ready to create AR add-ons for World of Mythology: King of the Hill. With your help, dear backers, we will make our game much more interesting and epic.
Jumperound ideas are implemented thanks to our financial supporters USP Capital and Imperious Group.
Risks and challenges
We are quite used to Kickstarter. It's ours 5th Kickstarter project and we ready to all production and delivery stages. We know a lot about quality checks, ASAP's, risks, challenges and deadlines.
The WOM project includes these stages: making art & design / printing / packaging / and shipping.
The art of WOM: King of the Hill is 99% complete. The estimated delivery date for this project is October 2019.
We're planning to use one the most trustful productions Panda games and a shipping partner - Backerkit.
We can refund you within 14 days of the campaign’s end, fees included.
All refunds after the 14 days close of the campaign may be processed via Paypal or reversed via Stripe to your credit card at our discretion.
Refunds within 14 days are reversed via Stripe to your credit card.
By pledging to this project, you acknowledge that the final look, materials and content of the rewards (and the project) are subject to change and may differ substantially from what is presented while the Kickstarter project was active.
If you do not log in and confirm your pledge within 8 weeks of our notification via email to confirm your pledge, you agree that we have fulfilled our obligations to you in full for payment or donations received.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)