World of Mythology: King of the Hill. Become a god! (Canceled)
Meet a new strategic, role-playing board game, both competitive and cooperative, you can play either solo or in a group of 5 players.
World of Mythology: King of the Hill is a new strategic, role-playing board game, both competitive and cooperative, you can play either solo or in a group of 2 to 5 players.
Important information: final shipping costs will be finally reviewed closer to the end of the campaign, as they depend on the full backer data and all unlocked stretch goals influencing on weight and volume of the box. And yes, we will make anything to reduce shipping costs! Don't worry and let's focus on the game! Thank you for understanding!
The incredible universe of the game includes mythic heroes, deities, creatures, and artifacts from over 11 mythologies.
There are 6 mythological trees in the basic version of the game:
In a basic version of the game, each mythological deck consists of 6 gods. Every god holds a gift, and a player can deserve it by passing the god's quest.
MIXED PANTHEON (THE ORDER OF CTHULHU)
All mythological trees include a guardian creature and a gigantic monster. Guardians fight against heroes. Monsters can be summoned by heroes at the end of the first game phase.
But only 5 mythological trees include heroes. So you can play for:
In total there are 17 types of miniatures at the moment: 5 heroes, 6 guardians, and 6 gigantic monsters. 6 copies of each guardian are also included in the game.
"Rewards" is a shared deck with the copies of 11 prizes, a hero can get for:
- Discovering a new land
- Passing the god's quest with only one throw
- Defeating a guardian creature
- Building a temple of Rewards
- Using a specific artifact
- Selling artifacts
"Secrets" is a shared deck of 19 interaction cards, a hero can get by:
- Starting the game (all players get some Secrets in the beginning)
- Buying with dark matter tokens
- Discovering a cursed land
- Building a temple of Secrets
Each hero begins their way from the appropriate side of the map: Fenrir from the Northern Mountains, Heracles from the Forest Hills, Baba Yaga from the Swampy Woods, Ramesses from the Desert Dunes, Karna from the Indian Terrains.
1. Make a move to the unexplored land, get a random reward for the exploration, flip a cloud token and discover the mythology of the land.
In the beginning, all tiles are covered by cloud tokens. All of them have a rune on the other side.
2. Take a card from the deck of the appropriate mythology and find out a god protecting the land.
3. Complete the god's quest by throwing dice to get a god's gift (artifact) and the right to build a temple on this land.
To pass the god's quest a hero has to get the right combo out of 5 dice in 3 throws. There are 5 types of god's quest combo out of 5 dice:
4. If the god's quest is failed, fight with a guardian of the appropriate mythology.
A guardian is noticed in the right bottom corner of the god's card.
5. A hero and a guardian attack in turn. A hero throws 5 dice once to get at least one die of their mythology and deal damage to the opponent. A guardian makes its move with the guardian die and can either attack a hero or heal itself.
Each guardian has two difficulty levels and a unique ability:
- Harpy and Harpy Queen steal dice
- Anubite and Anubite Prime always attack first
- Valkyrie and Great Valkyrie block the first hit
- Lisovyk and Grand Lisovyk always give a feedback
- Naga and Naga Queen always attack twice
- Skeleton and Skeleton Prime grow after every miss
If a hero plays an appropriate gift card from the deck of Secrets, a guardian leaves the hex without fighting. A hero gets the reward card as if they defeat a guardian.
6. If a guardian defeated, get a random reward and build a temple on this land.
There are 5 types of temples:
- Temple of Health / get +3 HP
- Temple of Attack / get +2 attack points
- Temple of Rewards / get 2 random Rewards
- Temple of Secrets / get 2 random Secrets
- Market / sell full artifacts or buy secrets
7. If you are dead after the fight with a guardian, lose 1 reward on that tile, resurrect in your camp (starting point) and restart your victorious way.
8. Hex after hex your hero becomes stronger and has more artifacts, secrets and rewards.
9. The main goal for the Phase 1 is to open the center of the map (the Holy Hill) by one of the 4 keys.
- By 10 victory points (from the deck of rewards)
- By building 7 temples
- By building temples on 5 different lands
- By collecting 2 Arena champion tokens (or other portal tokens).
10. After opening the center of the map, your hero has to beat a guardian creature, summon a gigantic monster from your mythology and become the Pretender for the King of the Hill title.
The arena is an individual quest of the God of War from any mythological tree: Ares, Horus, Odin, Triglav, Kali, Monkey King.
You can play on all 6 Arenas, but 2 Arenas will be enough for you victory.
To pass the Arena challenge a hero has to win 3 random guardians. After winning the Arena, a hero gets a powerful artifact, rewards for the killed guard creatures and the Arena champion token.
Collecting 2 Arena champion tokens or other portals tokens gives the right to enter the center of the map and start the second phase of the game.
1. The gigantic monster guards the Pretender and begins the phase by using its extraordinary power.
2. All other heroes move to the center of the map to fight against a gigantic monster and the Pretender.
3. Every gigantic monster has a special ability it uses as soon as it rises:
- Hydra: grows new heads
- Sphinx: pushes opponents into sands
- Bergelmir: summons wolves
- Vodnyk: strikes all by massive waves
- Garuda: blows opponents out of this world
- Cthulhu: controls opponents' mind
All heroes and a massive monster attack in turn. A hero throws 5 dice once to get at least one die of their mythology and does damage to the opponent. A gigantic monster makes its move with the monster die and can either attack a hero or heal itself.
4. Using artifacts and secrets can help heroes to defeat the giant monster and then to kill the Pretender.
5. If the Pretender survives 5 rounds, a hero becomes the King of the Hill and the game ends.
6. If the Pretender dies, a hero who has killed the Pretender goes to the center and becomes the new Pretender continuing rounds left. The new Pretender cannot summon a gigantic monster of their mythology
1. A player can pick the dark matter from the deck of rewards.
2. The dark matter can be used for buying secrets and replacing a black die in the god's quest throw with any other rune.
3. If during the god's quest a player throws a die with the skull icon, one dark matter card can be played as a joker to replace that die on any other.
4. There are 10 slots on the Cthulhu counter. If someone activates the 10th slot, Cthulhu rises and the second phase begins immediately.
5. A hero with the biggest amount of activated black matter cards becomes a master of Cthulhu and controls him until the game ends.
We have lots of ideas how to make World of Mythology your new favorite board game. We will develop the game by new characters, free add-ons and AR mini-games.
VIDEO GAMEPLAY IS COMING SOON! It will be a simple and entertaining tutorial. Stay with us, and we will not disappoint you.
Jumperound team: Vitaly Tkach, Denis Antonenko, Anton Kalikin, Alex Chichkan, Sasha Ten.
Outsource artist team: Ihor Chyzhov, Viktor Zakharchenko, Anton Malov, Dasha Brisanyuk.
Thanks to LOOK in AR we are always ready to create AR add-ons for World of Mythology: King of the Hill. With your help, dear backers, we will make our game much more interesting and epic.
Jumperound ideas are implemented thanks to our financial supporters USP Capital and Imperious Group.
There are also potential partners we would like to cooperate soon:
We want to delegate production of the game to real experts.
Risks and challenges
We are quite used to Kickstarter. It's ours 5th Kickstarter project and we ready to all production and delivery stages. We know a lot about quality checks, ASAP's, risks, challenges and deadlines.
The WOM project includes these stages: making art & design / printing / packaging / and shipping.
The art of WOM: King of the Hill is 90% complete. The estimated delivery date for this project is August 2019.
We're planning to use one the most trustful productions Panda games and a shipping partner - Backerkit.
We can refund you within 14 days of the campaign’s end, fees included
All refunds after the 14 days close of the campaign may be processed via Paypal or reversed via Stripe to your credit card at our discretion.
Refunds within 14 days are reversed via Stripe to your credit card.
By pledging to this project, you acknowledge that the final look, materials and content of the rewards (and the project) are subject to change and may differ substantially from what is presented while the Kickstarter project was active.
If you do not log in and confirm your pledge within 8 weeks of our notification via email to confirm your pledge, you agree that we have fulfilled our obligations to you in full for payment or donations received.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)