"World of Mythology" is an unpredictable card game in which you play for the gods from ancient mythologies.
There is no odd stuff in the game - playing decks and special cards only (+ WAR chip from the stretch goal)!
WOM CLASSIC is a basic edition of the game with 4 mythologies. It's designed for 2-4 players.
There are 48 playing cards with gods, 18 special cards and 4 player cards with gods' powers in WOM CLASSIC.
One game round for 4 players lasts about 15 minutes! That's why WOM is a very comfortable way to have an interactive break wherever you are!
Also there is a WOM ALL-IN including even the Hindu gods deck and other rewards from the achieved stretch goals!
There are 4 mythologies in the World of Mythology Classic game: Greek, Egyptian, Norse and Slavic.
Every mythology is presented by 12 gods and goddesses. There are some of them:
Greek gods: Zeus (12), Poseidon (11), Hera (10), Hades (9), Ares (8), Athena (7), Hermes (6), Hephaestus (5), Artemis (4), Dionysus (3), Apollo (2), Aphrodite (1).
Egyptian gods: Ra (12), Geb (11), Tefnut (10), Osiris (9), Horus (8), Nephtys (7), Set (6), Anubis (5), Isis (4), Toth (3), Ptah (2), Hathor (1).
Norse gods: Odin (12), Thor (11), Frigg (10), Loki (9), Tyr (8), Hel (7), Heimdall (6), Njord (5), Skadi (4), Forseti (3), Bragi (2), Freyja (1).
Slavic gods: Perun (12), Dazhbog (11), Dodola (10), Veles (9), Triglav (8), Morana (7), Stribog (6), Svarog (5), Vesna (4), Hors (3), Jarilo (2), Lada (1).
Playing cards are really simple and graphic because all detailed information moved to the big player cards. After some days of playing you will easily recognize all powers by gods and icons.
Every character has a special power and an armor. Powers are based on ancient myths (Zeus beats opponents with a lightning and Thor can use a thunder hammer, for example).
Armor level depends on the god's position in the adapted for the game mythological hierarchy.
There are 4 types of armor:  - gods from 2 to 4 points can beat gods up to 8 points,  - gods from 5 to 7 points can beat gods up to 10 points,  - gods from 8 to 12 points can beat any card, and [male symbol] - goddesses of love with 1 point can beat all male characters.
Our stretch goals include great future decks: Hindu gods, Chinese gods, Japanese gods, gods of Mesoamerica, gods of Science, The Outsiders and Good VS. Evil double deck.
There are gods and goddesses in every mythology whose powers are to summon a special card.
There are 3 types of special cards: Wealth, Secret and War. Work on special cards art is still in process, so they will be much more beautiful!
Wealth is a card with bonus points: +10 (6 items), +20 (3 items), +30 (1 item). Available for Apollo (arts), Ptah (arts), Isis (fertility), Bragi (poetry) and Jarilo (fertility).
Secret is a card with a secret combination bonus: "Get +5 points for each Greek card in your stake", for example. Available for Athena (wisdom), Toth (knowledge), Frigg (wisdom) and Vesna (nature).
War is a deck of two cards: Death and Life. It's available for all gods of war: Ares, Horus, Tyr and Triglav. If you play the god of war from your mythology, your opponents have to play a risky mini game similar to Russian Roulette.
The main goal in the game is to beat your opponents and collect as many points as possible.
You play for one mythology, but you get a random hand of cards from all mythologies. You can beat opponents' cards with the same mythology (by a card with a bigger number) or with a card of your mythology. If you don't have a strong card, you drop 1 card (backside) on the table. 1 circle = a stake of 4 cards on the table (for 4 players). When you beat a card with a god from your mythology, you activate his power automatically.
So let's start the game:
1. Every player gets a random player card with a mythology (a trump for that game round) and gods' powers description.
2. All players receive a hand of 4 random cards from the shared deck.
3. Dealer shows a random card from the shared deck to assign a player for the first move.
4. WOM is a circle card game, so every player has to play 1 card per each time around the table: you either beat a previously played card or will have to drop your card into an opponent’s stake.
5. You can beat an opponent's card with a senior card from the same mythology (Zeus with his 12 points beats any Greek card) or with a god from your mythology (your trump) if his armor is strong enough (trump Hera with her 10 points beats gods from other mythologies with their 1 to 12 points).
6. When you play a card from your mythology (your trump), you use its special power automatically. You should read aloud a power description from your player card to all the opponents.
7. The winner of the circle takes all 4 cards to his stake (his earned points deck). But sometimes the winner can lose some cards from his stake due to another gods' special powers.
8. All players take 1 card from the shared deck. The winner of the previous circle starts the next turn.
9. The game round ends when the shared deck and playing cards end. It's time to count points from the stake. The winner of the game round becomes the dealer.
10. You can play either by rounds (counting just victories) or by reaching to the exact point level (victory by reaching 500 points, for example).
All you need to know is in your player card!
Support us and get your very god reward!
We want to create a great new franchise, not a small card game!
We're starting with 4 mythologies, but have a plan to launch as many mythic worlds as possible uniting them into the WOM Universe! Also we're working on different free rewards at the moment!
WOM is easy to understand!
You just need to make a move with 1 card: to beat previous card or to drop yours. With our icons and copies it's simple even for the kids!
WOM is strategic!
You always should think when it's better to play exact god and his power to collect the biggest stake.
WOM is unpredictable!
You get random cards from the shared deck, so your hand totally depends on luck. Game is perfectly balanced, so every mythology can win.
WOM is educational!
You will know many gods from different mythologies of the world. Also you will count points and develop your math skills and logic.
WOM is beautiful!
All artwork is made in a comic style specific to this game. In the future the art will be even better!
WOM is very entertaining!
Many of the powers in the game will trigger at surprising times and they will make you laugh or even cry (shortly). The game is compact and the gameplay is quick, so you can enjoy it with your friends wherever and whenever you want.
1. We need to finish all the characters / special cards and should prepare vector files for the best quality of the game.
2. We want bigger on 150% cards with matte lamination for the best playing experience.
3. We want to create as many decks as possible including such famous mythic franchises as Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Mortal Kombat, Lord of the Rings etc.
4. We want to develop a helpful website and mobile app with detailed answers on FAQs about the game.
5. We want to move forward with the WOM Universe including an online game or even an animation movie!
Vitaly Tkach, game author and project head
Igor Chyzhov, illustrator
Viki Martyniuk, designer
Denis Antonenko, project manager
Thank you for attention! Make game, not war!
Risks and challenges
Every member of our team has worked in advertising. So we know everything about quality checks, ASAP's, risks, challenges and deadlines.
The WOM project includes these stages: making art & design / printing / packaging / and shipping.
The art of WOM Classic is 80% complete. It will be totally completed and printed in July and shipped in September, 2015. So our backers will truly get the game in October, 2015 without any delays.
Our legal entity is registered in Philadelphia, PA and verified by Kickstarter. Our design laboratory and high-class printing house are situated in Kyiv, Ukraine. Also we have production representative and reliable shipping partner in Guangzhou, China!
World of Mythology is just a paper card game, so don't worry about the production process - just wait for the happy moment when you play this epic card game for the first time!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)