I love chocolate and sharing my passion for this food of the gods. This project is dedicated to like-minded fanatics who are crazy about chocolate.
If you like chocolate don't be scared off by our fanaticism. You are also welcome to join the party. Who knows, this project could be a gateway to awakening your own latent passion for cocoa based creations.
Breaking Choco News! I've just added an Even Smaller Batch of Chocolate Bars to the project. Now I can share my chocolate creations with eight more chocolate fanatics.
Small Batch of Truffles
I'm making four different flavors of truffles. A small batch of these creations are available to chocolate fanatics from NYC. Their recipes are available to fanatics from from anywhere in the world.
- Hazelnut Nutella. Ganache made with Felchlin Maracaibo Criolait Grand Cru Couverture chocolate 38%, Nutella, hazelnut paste, and Frangelico. Enrobed in Mast Brothers dark chocolate 72%.
- Earl Grey. Ganache made with Michel Cluizel Kayambe chocolate 45% and Argo Tea earl grey creme. Enrobed in Mast Brothers dark chocolate 72%.
- Salted Caramel. Caramel made with Guittard dark chocolate 72%. Enrobed in Mast Brothers dark chocolate 72%, sprinkled with fleur de sel.
- Dark Chocolate Pistachio. Ganache made with Valrhona Guanaja chocolate 70%. Enrobed in Mast Brothers dark chocolate 72%.
I selected these flavors based on several taste tests and my personal preferences. Over the past few months I perfected each recipe by selecting the best ingredients and refining my technique.
Even Smaller Batch of Chocolate Bars
NEW! I'm making four different chocolate bars. Only NYC-based backers can get these delicious chocolate bars, they come in sets of two. My sincerest apology to chocolate lovers from elsewhere in the world.
Milk Chocolate Love
- Milk chocolate with hazelnut filling using Felchlin Maracaibo Criolait Grand Cru Couverture chocolate 38%
- Milk chocolate with whole salted almonds using Michel Cluizel Kayambe chocolate 45%
Dark Chocolate Love
- Dark chocolate with caramel and fleur de sal using Guittard Coucher du Soleil chocolate 72%
- Dark chocolate with pistachio using Valrhona Guanaja chocolate 70%
Picking Up Your Truffles
The truffles and chocolates will be available for pick-up at locations in Greenpoint and Williamsburg in Brooklyn. They will be ready in the first or second week of July. Exact pick-up dates and times will be communicated in project updates by mid-June.
We will not mail the truffles and chocolates. No exceptions. Summer time is not a good time to mail chocolates. Trust me. I am addict, I know.
Please email me with any questions about the pick-up. But don't email me about shipping because I'll just ignore your email.
Saying Thank You
Over the past few months a lot of people have helped me with this project. Thanks to all of you this project is finally becoming a reality.
Katherine Keane and Allison Walker spent a beautiful Saturday indoors helping me film most of the footage for the project video. Aurora and Natalie Ung also helped out with the shoot. Seth Jabour contribute the awesome track that I used for the video.
Andrea Wolf, Aurora Thornhill, Eric Thomas, Daniella Jaeger, Dina Neishtadt, Jason Aston, Morgen Fleisig, Paulina Concha, and Sebastian Buys cast the votes that helped me make the final selection of truffles for this project.
Many others, especially my colleagues at Kickstarter, helped by taste testing my truffle creations during the past several months.
Risks and challenges
The truffles will be delivered during a hot NYC summer. Chocolate truffles and bars don't like the heat. If the location where the chocolates are being made has any temperature control issues it could ruin the entire batch of truffles.
During transportation the truffles could melt. To address this issue I plan to carry the truffles to the delivery locations in an ice box. Keep in mind that they could easily suffer on the way to your home, after pick-up. So you'll need to come prepared as well - or come ready to eat them.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)