DOSI: Korean/American film set in NYC (Canceled)
DOSI: Korean/American film set in NYC (Canceled)
Several stories interweave in New York City about three New Yorkers whose lives take an unexpected turn that will change them forever.
Several stories interweave in New York City about three New Yorkers whose lives take an unexpected turn that will change them forever. Read more
DOSI: will break new ground as it will be the first feature film that will combine Korean and American cinema. Come join us and be apart of history!
Check out our awesome rewards to the right!
The short version of the feature has garnered a lot of praise, and has been an Official Selection in various film festivals across the country. You can view the short below. Some of the storyline will change for the feature film.
528 NEW YORK (2012) SCREENING HISTORY
Official Selection Zero Film Festival 2012 New York, NY
Official Selection Big Apple Film Festival 2012 New York, NY
Official Selection Coney Island Film Festival 2012 New York, NY
Official Selection International Film Festival of Cinematic Arts 2012 Los Angeles, CA
Official Selection Queens World Film Festival 2013 New York, NY
Official Selection Korean American Film Festival New York 2013 New York, NY
Why must this story be told
Some of my favorite movies employ the structural techniques of weaving together multiple storylines to tell a larger tale of humanity. This film deals with social disparity and immigrant struggles in modern times. This is a true story based on several New Yorkers. The story is both visceral and magical, the people and their struggles are very real. While serendipity of circumstance seems like destiny itself, improbable in lives that are both brutalized and graced beyond comprehension, connection and healing are possible.
Why am I the person to tell this story?
WHO ARE WE?
All the crew and the actors are professionals who have worked for various important films around the world. They donated their time, and passion because they believed in this film. Every penny of your donation (except Kickstarter and Amazon fees) will be spent for the making of our film including equipment rental fees, location fees, food, insurance.
"It is a way to fund creative projects." Here is the official explanation of Kickstarter Basic, or we will explain how it works. Creators pitch their projects on Kickstarter; good ideas attract public attention; backers pledge the projects they like; finally the projects that have met their funding goals are ready to come out to the world.
HOW CAN I HELP PRODUCE THE FILM?
- Every dollar counts!! Become a backer and/or spread our campaign as far and quick as possible. Click on the box to the right of any amount that you can pledge as much as you can happily afford. Before you make a choice, read the reward description since you are eligible to receive different kinds of rewards according to your pledge amount.
- The goal of this campaign is to raise $50,000. All of your donations will go towards the production of the film. The campaign has a hard deadline of on November 6, 2013 at 12:29 pm EST.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- If I make the goal by the deadline, We get to make the movie, you get your rewards, and everyone's happy. Your credit card is charged what you pledged (but not until then). I'd be more than happy, obviously -- I'll be more ecstatic than I've ever been in my life, and hopefully you'll feel good too.
- If I don't make the goal by the deadline (falling even a penny short), your credit card is not charged, We get nothing, you don't get any reward(s), and the world doesn't find out what happens to Ahmed and his brother, Julian and his family, and Nari & Han Chul.
- Can I increase my pledge once it’s been made? YES!Once you donate to our campaign, you may want to change your incentive reward to a different one, or increase your pledge amount. To do so, go to Kickstarter and sign in. If you go to our campaign page, the green “Back This Project” button has been replaced with a blue “Manage Your Donation” button. Click it and you can enter a new amount, or choose a new incentive.
I'M NOT IN THE US. CAN I STILL PLEDGE TO YOUR PROJECT?
YES! You can pledge from anywhere.
Thank you for supporting independent films!!
Thank you to our Kickstarter actors
Kid Pat Eunjung Lee Anthony D, Roger Zat, Dayshawn Johns
Many Thanks to our Kickstarter Crew
Sound Design & Music Composed by Michael Leary
Cinematography by Mark Kelly & by Justin Lanza
Risks and challenges
The reality is that I can not do this alone realizing that this is a ambitious project, our obstacle to making this film is just not having the financial support to put all the elements together to make this film more than just a great film.
We can't make this happen without the support from you. Come join us and be apart of this Amazing film with us.
We will make this film together. This is a story that must be told about the greater tale of humanity.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)