Start Sleeping Better Right Now
There’s a good chance if you snore at night, you have a bigger problem than the noise you make. Snoring often makes sleep less effective (for both you and your partner). Regular snoring can be a sign of a breathing problem called Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) in which people stop breathing repeatedly during sleep.
Snoring can result in feeling fatigued or tired during the day and can be associated with headaches, problems thinking, concentrating and other daytime difficulties, not to mention enduring your partner’s wrath (and getting an elbow in your side or a pillow in your face). Getting enough good sleep helps maintain a high quality of health (both mentally and physically), a zest for life, and higher work productivity. The right amount of sleep even assists in making it easier to maintain a healthy weight.
If you were able to understand when and why you snore - plus have a reliable way to be gently reminded to move into a better sleep position in which you don’t snore, would you want that - perhaps if only for the sake of your relationship? Are you interested in finding a solution to your frequent snoring?
For the majority of people who snore frequently, snoring is loudest when an individual sleeps on his or her back and quietest when sleeping on his or her side. In fact many people only snore sleeping on their back and not when on their side. The SnoreTrack iPhone and iPad app can help you to change your sleep patterns by prompting you to sleep in positions that are less conducive to snoring. SnoreTrack’s sound analysis algorithms identify people who snore frequently, and determine whether or not this snoring is likely to respond to more favorable sleep positions.
Research shows that a majority of people who snore respond to positional treatment (i.e., their snoring is eliminated or significantly reduced on side-sleep or prone sleeping position). SnoreTrack and SnoreCoach provide an effective remedy for these people.
Although fitness trackers claim to track sleep, they rely on motion sensors and do not provide information regarding the cause of poor or less effective sleep, nor can they identify snoring-related problems. SnoreTrack uses sophisticated algorithms (patent pending) to identify specific snoring patterns that are often associated with inefficient sleep and snoring-related problems. As a complete sleep support system, SnoreTrack and SnoreCoach help you to sleep in the best positions for better rest and a quiet night.
- SnoreTrack and SnoreCoach make good sleep possible: Combining data about snoring patterns and sleep position, the smartphone application (app) and device combination encourages a side-sleeping or stomach-sleeping position and reduces problematic back sleeping. You and your partner will enjoy better sleep as the device coaches you to sleep in the best positions for you.
- SnoreTrack and SnoreCoach are easy to use: SnoreTrack is an app that you can download to your iPhone or iPad and is kept on your nightstand within five feet of your bed while you sleep. The SnoreCoach is a small wireless device that attaches to the back of a t-shirt with a Velcro patch just below the collar. SnoreTrack and SnoreCoach actually helps: Unlike fitness trackers and other available snoring-monitoring apps, SnoreTrack and SnoreCoach offer important and accurate help through sophisticated algorithms as they coach you to sleep in a position that reduces or eliminates snoring.
- Battery friendly: SnoreTrack will not drain your iPhone or iPad battery from recording your snoring patterns all night. Tests indicate that it consumes less than 10% of a charged battery. You can also have your phone and tablets charging at night while the SnoreTrack is running. The SnoreCoach does not require charging; battery life is designed to last approximately one year.
- It works! We have beta-tested SnoreTrack and SnoreCoach on many people. SnoreTrack and SnoreCoach significantly reduce or eliminate snoring throughout the night.
How the Device Works
In video below we walk you through how to setup, pair and have your ShoreCoach be a part of your daily life. Setup takes around 20 seconds to both pair the device as well as have it recognize you. You can then set it to automatically start recording your sleep on a schedule. This helps you to not have to remember to start and stop the device. Next you sleep. While you sleep it records your snoring, sleep positions, events, etc. It will have a slight buzz when you're snoring which causes your body to turn onto it's side to eliminate the snoring. After a nights rest you can then wake up and check your statistics for the previous night.
Feel More Energetic and Productive
Studies show that quality sound sleep at night provides a higher level of mental and physical energy so you can be more productive upon awakening and throughout the day. With improved sleep, you may find yourself being able to cut down on caffeine, and feel more alert during the day. Studies have shown that weight-management problems can be affected by poor sleep quality or reduced time asleep. With sleep-position coaching you may feel like you can take that walk around the block because you don't have to hug the couch all evening in exhaustion. You may even find yourself becoming much more physically active and forgetting all about the couch.
Much research indicates that good sleep on a regular basis promotes a healthy body and mind, a stronger immune system, and puts a finer regulation on your metabolism.
Smart Sleep Support
Your best sleep starts with the information and best sleep position coaching that SnoreTrack and SnoreCoach provide you. You will be able to observe right away the effect on your sleep, but as with any new assistance, it may take a couple of weeks to settle in to your improved sleep patterns.
Better Sleep Position for Snoring Improvement or Elimination
A small device attached with velcro just below the collar of your T-shirt, pajamas or nightgown quietly coaches you during your sleep into better sleep positions that reduce or eliminate your snoring. The vibration from the device, which you can adjust to your needs, provides the information that helps your body change position. Most of the time, you will remain asleep, but you may awaken briefly on occasion when changing your sleep position. After a few nights of using SnoreTrack and SnoreCoach, most people aren’t even aware that the vibration of the SnoreCoach caused them to change positions. . . until they look at the data in the morning.
Since you most likely already have your iPhone or iPad nearby, you can use the app without it interrupting your sleep with sound or light coming from your device. Instead, it listens quietly to your snoring patterns while you sleep, making note of those patterns to give you the information and feedback you need.
Continual App Upgrades and Device Improvement
We continue to work on our algorithm and other technology associated with the SnoreTrack and SnoreCoach in order to provide more data that can be used to help signal snoring-related sleep disturbances or other sleep trouble you may be experiencing to assist in getting the help you need for the best sleep possible.
Here’s a brief look at some of the technology inside the SnoreTrack mobile app and the SnoreCoach device:
Smart Mobile App and Device
The SnoreTrack mobile app works to provide snoring monitoring and evaluation information needed for the SnoreCoach to encourage the best sleep positions. It's possible your partner has nudged you, pulled your arm to turn you over, or shaken you awake and said, "turn over." SnoreTrack and SnoreCoach together provide early detection and immediate gentle feedback designed to diminish or eliminate snoring before your partner ever awakens with the goal of greatly reducing the negative impact of snoring on the quality of your sleep.
Gentle Consistent Coaching
SnoreCoach lets you know whenever you are sleeping in a position that results in snoring, such as sleeping on your back. Some people have other sleeping positions that are associated with snoring. SnoreCoach is designed to provide assistance when other sleeping positions are problematic, as well. This small smart device can be tailored to you to gently influence your body to move to a better sleep position.
Breathing and Snoring Tracked
The SnoreTrack app provides data in many different formats, including graphs which chart the percentage of time you have episodes of snoring or experienced snoring-related breathing changes. You will be able to note when during the night you have the most problem with snoring. The SnoreTrack app also calculates your average snore volume over time, which is useful for tracking the benefit provided by the SnoreCoach device.
Long-Lasting Battery Life
As an energy-efficient device, SnoreCoach uses Bluetooth Low Energy communications and can last for more than a year without a battery replacement. The SnoreCoach works with your iPhone or iPad and uses less than 10% of a relatively new battery over the eight-hour period. It records your snoring and breathing. Most users are charging their phone so this is not commonly an issue but a few have asked! These features make the convenience of the SnoreCoach even more attractive.
SnoreTrack is a free downloadable snoring app now available in the Apple app store. The SnoreCoach will be available on our website for $99 and includes the device, Velcro patch, and a comfortable, washable cotton-blend t-shirt. With a little attention given to your sleep health you can begin to enjoy the very best sleep for yourself. Our goal is to help you gain the known benefits that come from a wonderful, refreshing night’s sleep.
We are one of the most solid teams out there.
- CEO - Phil Ryder runs Huneo the parent company to Snore Coach. He is an expert at the creation of and selling massive-scale time series data systems. Before Founding Huneo in 2009, Mr. Ryder was President and founder of Accelerated Information Technologies, Inc. AIT provides engineering and sales and marketing consulting services for businesses that work in or sell to the process industries. Prior to starting up AIT Mr. Ryder was Executive Vice President for Sales and Marketing for OSIsoft. He was responsible for all aspects of OSIsoft's business that involved contact with customers, including worldwide sales, marketing, technical support, field service, and customer training. Mr. Ryder received a BS in Chemical Engineering from Purdue University in 1981, and a Masters in Business Administration from Case Western Reserve University in 1986.
- CTO - Alex Zheng - Alex is a master coder at massive-scale time series data systems as well as digital signal processing. Before founding Huneo in 2009, Dr. Zheng was a Director of Development for OSIsoft, the world's leading provider of time-series data historian and real-time information management systems. From 1996 to 2000, Dr. Zheng was a Professor in Chemical Engineering at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Dr. Zheng received a BS in Chemical Engineering at Clemson University in 1990, and a PhD in Chemical Engineering and Dynamical Control Systems at the California Institute of Technology in 1995.
- Investor and Advisor - Dr. Jed Black is the former director of the Stanford Sleep Disorders Clinic and Clinical Research Center and associate professor of Sleep Medicine at Stanford University. He currently serves Stanford University as Consulting Associate Professor and in a part-time role at Jazz Pharmaceuticals as Senior Vice President and Therapeutic Area Head for Sleep Medicine. Dr. Black received his medical residency training, with additional focused training in clinical neurosciences research, at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut. Dr. Black completed subsequent postdoctoral training in sleep disorders clinical care and research at Stanford University in Stanford, California. He has served as faculty and consulting faculty within Stanford’s sleep program for the past 22 years. During his tenure at Stanford and within the pharmaceutical and medical-device industry, Dr. Black has pursued clinical research interests in multiple areas, including narcolepsy and hypersomnia, conditions of sleep-related breathing disturbance, insomnia, and restless legs syndrome. At Stanford, he led a large clinical research team conducting studies in these areas of interest. He has authored numerous articles reporting this work. At Jazz Pharmaceuticals, he leads the clinical scientific development of medication treatment for sleep disorders. Dr. Black is co-founder of and scientific advisor to Arrivo BioVentures LLC, Midnight Pharma LLC, and Midnight Medical Inc.
- Marketing - John Rampton is a marketing expert who has had several successful startups including his most recent payments startup. He's recognized as one of your most influential marketers in the World by Entrepreneur Magazine.
Support Us Today!
Risks and challenges
We are very anxious to deliver the SnoreCoach product to our customers, but there are inherent challenges in developing and building smart devices. We have been very methodical in the design and development of the SnoreCoach device, and have tested it widely in the field, however, unexpected problems can arise in either the hardware or the firmware for the device, and we simply won’t deliver products to our customers until they are ready. Some of the challenges that we’ve already addressed include:
Setting limits on transitions between “sleep positions” such as left side, right side, back, and prone prone. Many people sleep at various angles, and it took a fair amount of experimentation to determine the proper transition points.
Setting “hysteresis” levels in order to eliminate noise when someone is positioned right at a transition point from one position to another
Tuning Bluetooth Low Energy communications to reconnect and work reliably after loss of signal
Design of the method for positioning SnoreCoach on the customers’ backs. We are currently using a velcro patch on the back of a t-shirt, just below the collar. This approach works quite well, but it does require that the patch be sewn onto a shirt.
Minimizing the size of the SnoreCoach enclosure, while still providing space for a large enough battery provide the power longevity that we desire
The good news is that the SnoreTrack component of our system is already available on the Apple App Store, and we have quite a few happy beta testers for SnoreCoach.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)