Ophidian 2360: Survival of the Fittest is both a new game that con. It is a sequel game to the original Ophidian – as it contains the same core gameplay but adds all-new Gladiators, Minions, Pumps and more! We're featuring all-new artists as well as some of the original game artists bringing this game to life in spectacular fashion.
Ophidian is a Gladiator Combat Game where two to four players bring teams of Gladiators to the table and fight in the arena. Players can win by defeating their opponents, or by winning the favor of the crowd!
This game features some fantastic art, engaging and unique gameplay, and is easy to learn. Ophidian is a game that rewards a player's skill more than nearly any other game on the market. This game is an Expandable Card Game, where you can customize your decks, but the distribution of cards is NOT randomized. The game will be available in pre-constructed decks. There are currently 4 varieties of decks, with more potentially unlocking via stretch goals.
Do you like:
►Strategic Gameplay offering multiple choices at nearly every stage of the game
►Gritty combat theme
►Top-quality cards with Beautiful and Compelling Artwork
►Non-Collectible games with customizable decks that play like boardgames
This is probably the perfect 2-4-player strategy game for you!
Why back us?
● Improved Quality: We're printing at Cartamundi with some of the best quality card stock and materials!
● Incredible Gameplay: Ophidian features some of the most original and engaging gameplay on the market!
● Player Skill: Do you like competition, where the player's skill is a major determining factor in your odds of winning?
● Unique Stretch Goals: Your contributions will make the game better for everyone... more cards and... more!
How can you help?
- Start by backing us! Continue by adding additional cards to your pledge for a friend.
- Tell your friends about the game via the Facebook and Twitter buttons below, or via by just telling people!
- Send us your thoughts and feedback in the project's comments section. We want to make Ophidian the best game it can be, and you can help us achieve that.
- Or simply show your interest in the game by following Hack and Slash Games on Twitter, liking it on Facebook, and becoming a fan on BoardGameGeek.
Stretch Goals are additional goals that can unlock extra bonus materials and content. They come in two categories, Social and Funding.
Social Goals are things that unlock based on the number of backers and social media activity, in this case Facebook and Twitter.
+1 Card: Each pre-constructed deck will have its card count increased by 1.
+1 Gladiator: Each pre-constructed deck will include an additional Gladiator card beyond the starting team.
Funding Goals are funding targets set by the project creator beyond the original Kickstarter goal. Stretch goals as a term and a practice emerged from the Kickstarter community as a way for creators to "stretch" beyond the initial, official goal of the Kickstarter project and raise more money (and often make cooler stuff!). Funds are collected whether stretch goals are met or not, as long as the project has met its Kickstarter funding goal.
Supplement Pack: This gives every non-retail backer level of $25 and above a 9-card supplemental pack of cards. (9 different cards) This pack is also available as an Add-On. *Pack images and contents are not final.
Extra Deck - Exclusive: This gives every non-retail backer level of $48 and above one additional deck of their choice! The deck can be selected via the backer survey which will be sent out when the campaign is complete.
Supplement Pack 2: This is a second 9-card supplemental pack of cards. (9 different cards) This pack is now available as an Add-On. *Pack images and contents are not final.
Deck Design 5: This is what you've been waiting for! A Fifth deck design! More cards! More Gladiators! MORE!
Dice, Tokens & More - Oh, My!: This will give every non-retail deck 8 dice and 2 tokens... and every backer level that includes playmats will include a pleatherette deck box in the color of your choice (chosen from black, green, red, white or blue)
The tokens will be special edition tokens that will be exclusive for Kickstarter backers!
Deck Design 6: What the what? A sixth deck? Can we get there?
Ophidian is a gladiator combat card game with a unique creation story. Originally released in 2003 by Fleer as Ophidian 2350, a company best known for its sports cards and bubble gum, the game found itself treading water in a market flooded with other new card games. Since its release Ophidian has stood apart by offering players an unusually high number of strategic options during gameplay. Unfortunately, its publisher went out of business shortly after the game's release, and all of Fleer's assets were either sold off or destroyed. Most people assumed the game was finished.
US Army Veteran Robert Shofkom tracked down the inventory over 10 years after its release, where it had been passed around from warehouses to storage units. All 22,000 pounds of product was packed up and shipped from Rhode Island to Texas, and Hack and Slash Games was born!
The rediscovered inventory is now being sold through Alliance Game Distributors and others. After over a decade, the game continues, with a new look, new features, all-new art, and more!
Read more about us in the February issue of Game Trade Magazine!
Hack and Slash Games has declared the following:
- We will make every effort to produce our games here in the United States. We have partnerships with US (domestic) production companies to make that happen. This allows us greater control over the quality of our products and gives us faster turnaround times.
- We will always endeavor to keep our games as affordable as possible, while still delivering high-quality products.
- Every product we produce will try to portray men and women in a realistic fashion; no accentuated features and unrealistic body proportions. Even in the world of high fantasy or science fiction, we want our humans to look HUMAN... Like someone that you could meet and interact with. • No microscopic waists • No hyper-sexualized figures. That doesn't mean that we won't have great art... it just means that we acknowledge that it can be difficult to navigate the waters of gaming and entertainment without being bombarded by what some people might consider the ideal body image. We prefer to keep that image healthy and realistic.
Here is an HD version of our current introduction video:
And our previous HD intro video:
Risks and challenges
Ophidian 2360: Survival of the Fittest is our first Kickstarter campaign. We have a great team of experienced and talented people. We have formed relationships with domestic printing partners, and will make every effort to release a quality product in the shortest time period possible.
As far as risks after we're funded, we're in great shape. No forseeable shipping delays, 2350 product and playmats in players' hands as soon as April, and a GenCon launch... all extremely achievable.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)