About this project
Ophidian 2360 is an arena combat game set in the distant future, where players engage in gladiator combat with humans, aliens, monsters, constructs, and interdimensional beings. This all-new card game features exceptional art, original gameplay, and a rich universe filled with fully-developed characters.
Ophidian 2360: People's Champion
The People's Champion expansion is a 13-card expansion that adds new characters and mechanics to the game, along with some extra bonuses to be revealed!
Help us reach our stretch goals... and you get more stuff!
- Start by backing us! Continue by adding additional cards to your pledge for a friend.
- Tell your friends about the game via the Facebook and Twitter buttons below, or via by just telling people!
- Send us your thoughts and feedback in the project's comments section. We want to make Ophidian the best game it can be, and you can help us achieve that.
- Or simply show your interest in the game by following Hack and Slash Games on Twitter, liking it on Facebook, and becoming a fan on BoardGameGeek.
About Ophidian 2360
Pledges that contain Challenge Sets each include the following:
• One Instruction Sheet: One of these!
• Two 56-card Decks: Two of those!
• Infinite ways to crush your foes!
This ECG (Expandable Card Game) is non-collectible and ready to play right out of this Challenge Set! The three varieties of Challenge Sets allow players to mix & match cards to create the ultimate Gladiator Team. Grab all three and get ready to dominate the arena!
We’ll see you in the arena!
Ophidian is a gladiator combat card game with a unique creation story. Originally released in 2003 by Fleer as Ophidian 2350, a company best known for its sports cards and bubble gum, the game found itself treading water in a market flooded with other new card games. Since its release Ophidian has stood apart by offering players an unusually high number of strategic options during gameplay. Unfortunately, its publisher went out of business shortly after the game's release, and all of Fleer's assets were either sold off or destroyed. Most people assumed the game was finished.
US Army Veteran Robert Shofkom tracked down the inventory over 10 years after its release, where it had been passed around from warehouses to storage units. Joining forces with James Milling, they had all 22,000 pounds of product packed up and shipped from Rhode Island to Texas, and Hack and Slash Games was born!
The rediscovered inventory and all subsequent releases are now being sold through Alliance Game Distributors and others. After over a decade, the game continues, with a new look, new features, all-new art, and more!
One of the original designers of the game while it was at Fleer, Jason Robinette, joined the Hack and Slash Games team, designing the Ophidian 2360: Survival of the Fittest release, as well as this People's Champion release! Keeping an eye on continuity in the game and the Ophidian universe, the team is looking forward to what's to come!
Ophidian 2360: Survival of the Fittest successfully funded earlier in 2016, and premiered at Gen Con this summer. It shipped within 4 months of funding.
Hack and Slash Games has declared the following:
- We will make every effort to produce our games here in the United States. We have partnerships with US (domestic) production companies to make that happen. This allows us greater control over the quality of our products and gives us faster turnaround times.
- We will always endeavor to keep our games as affordable as possible, while still delivering high-quality products.
- Every product we produce will try to portray men and women in a realistic fashion; no accentuated features and unrealistic body proportions. Even in the world of high fantasy or science fiction, we want our humans to look HUMAN... Like someone that you could meet and interact with. • No microscopic waists • No hyper-sexualized figures. That doesn't mean that we won't have great art... it just means that we acknowledge that it can be difficult to navigate the waters of gaming and entertainment without being bombarded by what some people might consider the ideal body image. We prefer to keep that image healthy and realistic.
Risks and challenges
We've done this before. While we did have a few printer issues, printing in the US meant that we were delayed by a few weeks rather than a few months or more.
The great news on this project is that the product will be printed and shipped within two weeks of the end of the campaign! US backers should have their pledges in the first week of November, 2016.
So... no worries!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (14 days)