Ship Editor Prototype
Finally, the first new content update is here! After a bit of code-jamming today, I'm happy to give you all a sneak preview of what you're working toward with respect to the next stretch goal. In celebration of the fact that it looks like we're going to hit it (very soon..), I've built a quick mock-up of the editor to demonstrate what I've got in mind. The editor is rough around the edges (to say the least), but hopefully you will still enjoy seeing this technology, as I think it's quite cool to be able to modify the ship in-game!
Remember to watch in HD...otherwise the absurd amount of time that I spent uploading is in vain...
Things that Will be Better in the Real Thing:
- The procedurally generated components will be much more diverse than the simple cylindrical things that you saw in this demo.
- You'll be able to load and save your favorite components.
- You'll be able to change materials/texture.
- The controls for scaling will be sleeker.
- There will be more transformations than just scaling. You'll be able to do nonlinear transformations to make curved pieces, for example.
- You'll be able to toggle snapping so that you can easily create well-aligned designs.
Hope you guys enjoyed that! Sorry the update is so brief today and I don't have any more badges for you...but I really wanted to crank this demo out ASAP before we hit that stretch goal! Oh, and apologies for the repetition of music. Haven't had time to compose a new track yet...hopefully soon!
Once again, I am so, so thankful for the overwhelming support that LT has received. You guys have made one man's dream a reality. Or should I say, you have made one man's reality a dream!? Who knows. :)