Hi everyone! It's incredible that we're going to be funded in under a week from launch. I felt that it just wouldn't be right if LT got funded before I even had a chance to put out a content update...so I've put together a quick gameplay preview for you today.
There's nothing particularly new here, but I figured you might enjoy watching a bit more gameplay to get a better sense of how the game will feel. I also really like this star system, so I wanted to show off the graphics ;) I just got back to school where my primary dev machine is, so I'll be working hard to try to show you some brand new stuff in the near future.
Be sure to watch in HD 1080p!
(Sorry that it's a link, for some reason KS would not let me embed it...)
A Few Remarks Concerning the Demo
- The background music is a work-in-progress. It's just an "idea" loop, not a fleshed-out composition. Still, I think you can get a sense of the kind of feeling that I'm going for with the LT soundtrack. Ambient, electronic, and minimalistic. I think that's the right way to explore space :)
- The cursor (the tiny white cross) is placeholder, and will be replaced with something more appealing
- There's no HUD yet. Sorry!
- At the very end of the video, you might notice that the explosion caused by the large ship's pulse hitting the small ship is a bit odd, and flies off at an alarming velocity. Indeed, I need to fix it, there's just a small mistake in calculating the explosion velocity. Sorry about that :)
- The turrets are very rough placeholders (they're just boxes...). Will upgrade them soon! But I wanted to include them so that you can see how they work, i.e., that ships will have fully-functioning, tracking turrets.
A Few Remarks Concerning Me
In the beginning, I think I was doing a good job of staying on top of everything. However, Limit Theory has received a lot more attention than I had initially anticipated, and is generating a lot more time-consuming work for me. Much to my chagrin, I've fallen behind on responding to emails, private messages and forum posts. I sincerely apologize, and I hope that you all can be patient with me as I try to manage the heap of incoming communications, while simultaneously attempting to finish homework and code new content for future updates. Your patience is appreciated :)
A Few More Badges
Since there weren't too many to choose from in the first update and I'm seeing a lot of people using the same one, I'll keep releasing more so as to diversify your options. And you can use it as a way to prove that you've been following the updates!
In closing, I'd like to extend infinite thanks (what is it with me and infinity!?) for all the incredible support and positive feedback that I've received from you all! I'm so excited that this game is going to be a reality, and, more importantly, that I'm going to get to play it!!!