AMAZING!!! At $75,691 the project became the 3rd most funded Arts project ever! There is still plenty of room so don't hesitate to jump on board (maybe 1000 backers?). It is in the final minutes now & I am absolutely bowled over by the amazing ride & support. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! For all those showing up late in the game do not think for a minute that I don't still appreciate your support. Having hit 3rd place the project now will show up in the 1st row on the most funded page! This means continued residual activity long after project end & helps solidify the amazing significance of this new platform for sharing art. COMPLETE BITCHEN AWESOMENESS! Thanks again to all who participated in this pivotal event in my career! I now drink a cold delicious beer in your honor...CHEERS!
I’m introducing my new sculpture entitled Crania Anatomica Filigre & looking to Kickstarter to help get my work seen & collected by more people. The traditional way of communicating, exhibiting, & selling art is profoundly changing & I intend to embrace it. The idea is to offer my work for a limited amount of time directly without the extraneous exhibition costs & markups...a sort of pre-release. I will make as many as are pledged for in the next 45 days...be it one or a million billion. Assuming all goes spectacularly, I intend to offer all my work this way before it goes to a gallery or exhibition. This sculpture is simultaneously powerfully delicate, a great conversation piece, & completely bitchin cool. It is a deviation from my typical tangles series but similar in aesthetic & certainly in process, read on...
My work has been primarily drawings & sculptures of what I call tangles. I started the drawings about 20 years ago & because of their complexity there was no practical way to create them sculpturally. About 5 years ago a perfect storm of software, technology, & materials engineering all came together that now allows me to create my work 3-dimensionally. See here for process insight & details.
Sweet Delicious Rewards
**NEWS** please read through my project UPDATES for info regarding the limited edition commemoration, international shipping, sharing options, etc...Thanks!
If you're not familiar with the Kickstarter model, the way it works is you receive a reward for an accompanying pledge in support of my project. The more you pledge the better the rewards & the better both you & I feel. Besides positive participation in an artist's life & the good karma vibes, rewards include:Sculptures
- SLS (Selective Laser Sintering) 3D printed Polyamide nylon
- White in color, slightly flexible, strong & durable (relatively speaking)
- Small (2.6” x 3.5” x 3.5”): shown in the hand photo
- Medium (4.9” x 3.7” x 5.0"): is in between small & large
- Large (5.25” x 7” x 6.9”): approximately life size
- Did I mention they're white?
- Click here to view model in cool 3D viewer!
- All pledges receive the static digital wallpaper (1024x768 JPEG, 390K)
- Pledges of $5 or more get the animated digital wallpaper (640x480 GIF, 2.15 MB)
- All pledges of $15 or more receive a signed project postcard sent from me to you oldschool via the USPS
- Pledges of $30 receive a Crania Anatomica Filigre fine art print (11"x14") professionally printed on Kodak Professional Photo Paper featuring sharp details & beautifully saturated colors...tasty!