Let's Do Community Goals!
You may have noticed a new section on the main page for Community Goals. We really want to see more of Richard's Stories, and we could use a signal boost. So we put one and one together and came up with fangs!
What are the Goals?
Two answers to that. Our overarching goal for including Community Goals is to spread the word about Oubliette. The more people interested in it, the better we can make the game. And we want the game to be great!
But here are the Community Goals* themselves:
- 50 Shares: 1 Extra Story
- 100 Shares: 1 Extra Story
- 500 Shares: 1 Extra Story and a collected Anthology PDF and a special forward by Richard Kelly
- 1000 Shares: An adventure, The Lady of Abiding Twilight, written by Richard Kelly
* These will be completed and sent out after the close of the Kickstarter.
How are we keeping track?
The main way I'm going to track our social shares is going to be on Kicktraq. There's a Share button there that collates a number of different share sources. I'll be checking there to see how we're doing for our Community Goals.
Ways to Share
- share the Kickstarter on Facebook (click the F Share button under the video on the main page)
- Click the Like button on the Share button on Kicktraq
- Click the G+1 this on Kicktraq
- Click the Tweet button on the main Kickstarter page under the video
- Tweet the link (http://kck.st/1UqyHMr)
- Tweet the hashtag (#OublietteRPG)
What's the deal with Twitter?
Okay, so a while back Twitter changed their API so you can't really "count" a hashtag without specialized (and expensive) tools anymore. I've cobbled together a tool that should track when people post on the #oublietterpg hashtag, but I can't guarantee that it works great. I'll totally count it in our totals, though, just be aware there might be some wiggle room in that one. In fact, depending on whether everything works, tweets that include BOTH the link and the hashtag may actually be counted twice.
Spreading the Word (of Darkness)
I hope you consider tweeting or posting about Oubliette. Even asking questions can help us out, the more people talking about Oubliette, the bigger the community, and the better the game we can make. Don't forget to tell your friends, your gaming group, and other people you think might be interested, as well!
Lastly, I thought I'd mention that there is a forum for Oubliette, on our Voidspiral page. Drop by and chat about Oubliette, and we'll answer your questions directly!