Pressure Sensitive Drawing on iPad or Android Tablets
Pressure sensitive line drawing allows realistic sketching for artists, designers and casual sketchers. Contextual menu selection with the two clickable buttons gives functionality not normally available on an iPad or tablet - such as brush or tool selection, work just like you do with a Wacom stylus but for 1/10th the price, and portable!
With the new jaja stylus you will be able to draw on the iPad as you do on paper, but work even smarter! See Update Video for demo of the software.
Please read the updates for app demos and more details.
Works in Airplane Mode - No WiFi or Bluetooth!
High Frequency sound commands can be used where Bluetooth and wifi radios must be switched off; such as Airplane mode, hospitals and sections fo the mining industry. Battery life is vastly superior and there is no messing around with settings and synching - it just works.
Take a look at the section drawing below, it explains how the high frequency sound system works. See our update video for more demo's
- The jaja uses high frequency sound to communicate with any device that includes a microphone. The frequencies are above human hearing but can be picked up by the iPad mic. (Patent Pending)
- 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity for natural pen strokes
- Capture digital data while sketching directly onto the screen just like normal paper
- Sign or annotate directly onto forms and correspondence
- The jaja nib gives precise pressure control and the two buttons can be customised to allow for other functions such as erase or color change.
- USB plug for quick recharging of the on board battery.
- The jaja will work out of the box with any app on any device. Our SDK will be implemented with our development partners to bring full functionality to their apps (more announcements on this soon)
- Works in Airplane mode
The iPad is one of the coolest computing devices around, and there are many different stylus designs that work with its capacitance touch screen. Really though, these stylus are nothing more than sticks that do the same thing as your finger. There has been no compelling reason to use a stylus instead of your finger, until now.
Imagine a stylus that has a transparent tip, a stylus that is pressure sensitive, and has two customisable buttons on it to allow for input and selection.
You are imagining the jaja stylus!
With the ii system the jaja stylus can communicate the pressure that a user pushes on the screen, it can effectively communicate “mouse” clicks to select menus, and it can simply change brushes, colors, fonts or tools all without needing to move far from the drawing space.
The communications system has been demonstrated to some of the top toy and peripheral companies in the world and we are in final stages of licensing the tech at present to a few of those big players. We have decided to launch the jaja stylus to the world as a preview of this tech. It works and is proven. Some toys are likely to be utilizing the ii tech in the upcoming NY toy fair in February.
Check out our update video to see it in action, we use high frequency sound and a very simple SDK will be available to developers at the conclusion of the Kickstarter funding period which should allow 3 months to implement into Apps before distribution of the jaja Stylus.
+ Turn Any Mechanical Pencil Into a Stylus!
The jaja replacement nibs can be inserte dinto any mechanical clutch pencil 0.5, 0.7, 0.9mm lead compatible - see the separate backer level to buy the nibs separately!
jaja will work as a standard stylus out of the box with every app on the appstore. We are beginning integration work with premium drawing, painting, notes and sketching apps. The first App that will support jaja is ProCreate - we have many more that we are working with, so when jaja ships, you'll have a whole suite of fantastic apps that support the extra functionality provided by the jaja stylus!
Please take a look at our video and the photos - if you think the jaja is something you’d like to own, we’d really appreciate it if you can back our project!
With your help we are going to bring the jaja Stylus into the real world and into the hands of designers and artists everywhere!
What will the funds be used for:
- Tooling for manufacture of the parts
- Final design of the circuitry, move from our rough breadboard to miniature
- Design and production of retail packaging
- Final production of the SDK for distribution to development partners.
Note: The jaja will retail for between $70 and $100, and at present will be available in black. If we surpass our funding goal, we’ll launch other colors and survey our backers to see which color schemes they prefer, stay tuned!
Below are a few ideas for jaja colors - see any you like?
iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone, Apple, Wacom and associated logos are registered trademarks.
- (46 days)