Production and Shipping!
Hello, to the Beautiful People of The Jollylook Community!
It has been more than a month since our last update! The past few weeks we dedicated to finding the best partners for manufacturing Jollylook in Shenzhen, China.
We can't wait to tell you all the news!
First of All, we want to thank the people who helped us with everything in Shenzhen, From translation to finding and visiting so many manufacturers and picking the best ones for Jollylook! Huang and Baiarma - Thank You!
1. We found a very professional lenses manufacturer and ordered the mold for the Jollylook lens, we should be receiving the first lenses in 3 weeks from now!
2. We found an experienced molds manufacturer and ordered the molds for the "Developing mechanism" of Jollylook. Those should be ready in 30-40 days.
3. We ordered the metal parts, the springs and the rollers for the "Developing mechanism" of Jollylook
4. We purchased the Fresnel lenses for the Jollylook viewfinder.
5. Cardboard - This was the hardest part! We visited two dozens of cardboard printing and packaging manufacturers, and finally, we found a very good manufacturer who loved the idea of Jollylook. We will not only be making the body of Jollylook with them, but also we will assemble Jollylook in this factory:
6. Shipment - we have great news, we partnered with Floship for fulfillment!
Floship is a leading provider of international crowdfunding fulfillment, recognized for fast and cost-effective worldwide shipping services. We visited their main office in Hong Kong to meet Stephanie, who we were in contact with via email before. Stephanie took us to Floship warehouses, and we were very impressed with their professionalism! Now we are working together on preparing for shipment.
7. Timing - We spent more time than expected to find the best manufacturers for Jollylook, but we found them and we began the manufacturing process. Taking that into consideration, we are sorry to say that we now understand that there will be a slight delay in manufacturing. Should everything works out well, the first Jollylooks will be ready in the beginning of July and we will be able to start shipping straight away.
We would like to thank you All once again for making Jollylook a reality!
For those who missed the campaign - our pre-order store is live on Backerkit (with delivery in August 2017): https://jollylook.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders
The pre-order store will be updated with more items and "add-ons" very soon.
We will keep you updated.
Untill next time,
The Jollylook Team.