About this project
Our current backers have a goal of hitting $60,000.
"Why?" Because we unlock a most-beloved set at that Goal!
I want to make it as easy for us to do, so...
New Tiers added for today only...
"24 HOUR BLITZ" Pledge Tier!
- **14+2** Tier! - The BEST INITIAL PRICE PER SET ...EVER!
(even better than all previous St. Patrick's Day Tiers.)
- 16 sets for the price of 14!
New Meta group-buy / reseller Tiers
Enough birthday & Christmas gifts to last a whole year...!
- 36+4 Tier - Get 40 for the price of 36! (Save $4.75 per set)
- 44+6 Tier - Get 50 for the price of 44! (Save $5.00 per set)
- 60+10 Tier! - Get 70 for the price of 60! (Save over $5.25 per set)
The Meta Tiers are great options for the abundantly generous, resellers, and/or those that want special "ins" with Gate Keeper Games.
Here are the NINE options we've unlocked through this campaign so far...
Halfsies Dice World Tour is a two-phase project.
The first phase is long complete. That's where we sent 50 unique dice prototypes around the globe for a worldwide photography project in the name of unity.
The second phase is where that project culminated in this Kickstarter and backers from around the world got to be involved by choosing which of the 50 prototypes we make into full official sets.
Far more than your usual campaign to create new dice, this campaign stands as a powerful symbol of the unity that occurs when gamers sit down to play together!
Let's look at where they've been!
- 6 continents
- 17 countries
- 23 national landmarks
- 47 volunteer gamer-photographers
- 50 unique sets at 50 unique locations... 1 unified world full of gamers!
Counts by Country:
Thank you to everyone that participated in the World Tour. You are the best.
All sets are complete, industry standard size of 15-20mm by die, come in a uniquely labeled extra-durable dice case, and include the standard 7 dice...
If we reach the $100,000 goal we'll begin creating the much requested Halfsies Dice style d6 and d10 blocks. At last, cases of Halfsies Dice that contain all d6s (quantity 12) or all d10s (quantity 10) ...a war-gamer's dream come true!
Let's do it!
Retailers: Please contact Gate Keeper Games for retailer pre-order event.
Details on each Dice Set:
- Yes, we really incinerated the prototype! : ) Surprisingly they charred instead of melting. Who'da thunk!?
- Gamma Dice will come in Gold Ink or Silver Ink. We'll have a mini vote for which one we'll make.
The Chivalry Category Winner: Queens Dice
- Queens dice visited FOUR castles across western Europe before finding a worthy home to be photographed in.
The Nature Winner: Sky Current
- They really were photographed in front of the sky ...through a pane of glass!
The Romantics Winner: DaVinci Dice
- True to the world-tour theme of the campaign, this final photo was on a postcard!
The Family Favorite Winner: Earth Elemental
- Earth Elemental was photographed in the longest cave system in the known world: Mammoth Cave. Rather appropriate I do say!
The meta Stretch Goal ($75,000) features FOUR sets!
The Must Have Remake winner: Amethyst, plus the legendary Super Dice with it's twin Spider Dice, AND Rose dice!
- This set was photographed before the famous Seoul skyline, but when the photos came out too dark due to the night scene, follow up shots were taken on real amethyst!
- The city of Hutchinson Kansas, in which Superdice were photographed, renamed itself Smallville for one day on June 21, 2013 in honor of the induction of Superman into the Kansas Hall of Fame. True story. (Yes, Spider-Dice are the same resin as Superdice but created with white ink for the Spider and Cap'n lovers out there) Note: Super and Spider Dice are "Add On Only" at pledge Tiers 1-7.
The Wild Card Category Winner: Fire & Dice
- Fire & Dice were once named Elemental Dice but once Earth Elemental came along these needed a newer better name. Victory!
The Random Dice Category Winner: Dwarf Dice!
- Dwarf dice were sent back to us with only TWO photos to work with. They were huge images, so we cheated them to make the video work. ; ) Shhh...
FOUR Bonus sets unlocked!
Mother Earth - Thank you St. Patrick!
- Mother Earth was rather uniquely featured in the video for Halfsies Dice 1.0, and has longed to be unlocked since.
- Treant Dice have been chosen for creation because Ranger and Druid characters the world over have insisted that I do so.
Psionic Combat! *drool!*
- My second favorite set personally, and everyone else's #1. Retail stores really want me to reopen this set, so it's been chosen for reprinting. Good for you!
The Legendary Yin Yang!
- Aptly marked "Legendary", Yin Yang has consistently been at the top of our dice line since the outset, and thus became the first set to completely sell out 100%. Now we're remaking it in Gold for better readability. Winner!
All voting has closed at this time - save for the final vote to manipulate the ink colors of a few sets that can be found here at that time.
If you're new to the campaign, I welcome you to watch the World Tour videos below. They're simply stunning.
The Chivalry sets contain options thematically related to life in a castle, or in the case of GKG ...a tiny tower. ; ) Special thanks to Lord Burky of Board Game Theater for so thematically introducing this first Category.
Let us start in Luxembourg and work out way out from there, shall we?
Chivalry Set Winner: Queen's Dice will be unlocked at the $30,000 Stretch Goal.
The Nature sets contain options featured in, or named after, raw and beautiful Nature! Richard Ham of Rahdo Runs Through offered to be the one to introduce this Category.
Nature Set Winner: Sky Current will be at the $40,000 Stretch Goal. This is going to be a tough one!
The Romantics sets inspire us from some of the world's greatest landmarks, cities, and honeymoon destinations. The ladies at Girl's Game Shelf brought the charm to introduce these.
Romantics Set Winner: DaVinci Dice will be at the $50,000 Stretch Goal. This is going to be a tough one!
"Family" is a pivotal value to Gate Keeper Games (and that, ahem, includes you). Every set here is a repeat of a set you've seen before, but are the best of the best. It is my honor to have this Category kicked off by the community favorite, Man vs. Meeple.
Family Favorites Set Winner: Earth Elemental!
The Must Have Remakes Category is your opportunity to select a set from Halfsies 1.0, reprint it. A long time friend and ally, Lance Myxter, aka Undead Viking, is here to introduce this powerhouse list.
The Must Have Remake winner is: Amethyst! When it is unlocked at the $75,000 Stretch Goal so too will Super AND Spider Dice be!
The Wild Card winner is: Fire & Dice!
The Random Dice winner is: Dwarf Dice!
There are a few sets that share a very similar color combo as another, though in slightly different shades/saturations. In the happy event that any of these individual sets win, there will be a "Tie Breaker" between the "siblings". The winner of the Tie Breaker will be the set that goes into production, while the runner up will be removed from competition for the duration of the campaign.
Please bear that in mind as you vote for the following sets.
The sets in brotherly competition are...
- Earth Elemental vs. Frozen Tundra (Brown & Blue)
- Caribbean Tide vs. Shire Dice (Green & Green)
- Mexicali vs. Olympic (Green & Yellow)
- Liberty Dice vs. Robin Hood (Green & Gold/Bronze)
- Sky Current vs. Waterfall Mist (Blue & Blue)
- Archipelago vs. Evergreen (Green & White)
- Nami Ura vs. Police Box (Blue & White)
- King's Dice vs. Fire & Dice (Blue & Orange/gold)
Super & Spider Dice are Add Ons at all Tiers up to Tier 7.
Tiers 9+1, or above can include one of each in their pledge and/or add additional sets beyond that at the above rate.
Shipping for the new 40, 50, & 70 Set Meta Tiers are...
- USA: +3/6/9 respectively
- Canada, EU, & World: +5/10/15 respectively
All shipping will be collected after the campaign... for two great reasons.
#1) I don't want to charge you until I'm certain the rates are as low as I can get them. The costs shown are your absolute maximum price for shipping, but if my costs go down, so will yours.
#2) Upgrades will be available after the campaign, and shipping charges are based on your final quantity.
#2) Promote unity. Any size step is good one.
#3) Refund and exchange policies guarantee you have no risk.
#4) We create a community so tight that we call it a Family, and that is something we want you to be a part of.
#5) I take care of my own. Once you pledge you're part of that family, and special gifts, discounts, and freebies tend to show up.
#6) With an MSRP of $12 each, the dice are currently the cheapest they'll ever be.
#7) A portion of all profit (not pledges) of all future dice sales will be given to charitable orgs that promote peaceful unity, relieve the burden of the poor, and generally make the world a better place to live for everyone.
Since 2015 our games and dice have donated over $14,000; between charitable organizations around the world that promote a more peaceful, well fed, world, and convention support to thank the awesome volunteers that offer their time for our community.
As you pledge to us, we continue to pledge to you.
The team of 30 original volunteer gamer-photographers that made this event possible!
Special thanks to the following skilled artisans and friendly organizations for their participation in this event.
This whole project is about unity and communication. Let's do it!
If you, yes you, tell just one friend to come take a look at the photos and the dice, we will all have 10+ dice sets to choose from in under a week. Guaranteed.
Here are some suggestions...!
-EMAIL the first person you think of when you think of your Gaming Group.
-Post a link to this page in your most browsed FACEBOOK group.
-Visit our TWITTER page and retweet the pinned post.
-Create a discussion thread on BOARD GAME GEEK about dice, photography, and unity.
-Track & share our project from inside KICKTRAQ...
Permission is granted to use any photo(s) from this campaign in your posts. Please credit the Photographers and/or Gate Keeper Games.
You can also follow us at most of the above. That would be cool!
Art & Coloration Expectation Policy:
- Though we're voting based on photographs, depending on the display settings of your monitor or phone final dice colors received may vary somewhat from what you see here.
- The unique and rather difficult process used to make these high density dice may also cause very minor shading variance from die to die depending on the pearl, the inking, any minor color bleed, and the ratio of each color "half". This is all a great thing, as every die is a unique work of art unto itself.
- Structural defects are not welcome here, and will be replaced - see below.
Refund & Exchange Policy:
- You may request a full refund up to the time the Pledge Manager launches (Est: March/April).
- After Pledge Management begins, refunds will still be granted but will be sent via Paypal, minus Kickstarter and Paypal fees.
- Once fulfillment begins (shipping of dice to you), there are no more refunds. If you receive a set and don't fall in love with it you have 4 weeks to request an exchange. Customer pays return shipping.
- In the unlikely event that you receive a set that is damaged, or missing dice, contact me directly via email with a photo of the issue for a replacement piece on me.
Pledge Manager Policy:
- Pledge Management is a process that comes after the close of the campaign where you confirm your pledge, pay your shipping, and tell me which dice sets you desire as your reward as well as where to ship them.
- Pledge Management will be handled through a 3rd party management system, not the 'Kickstarter Survey' system.
- Upgrades will be available during pledge management.
- All shipping will be collected during pledge management.
- It is your, the backer's, sole responsibility to fill out the pledge manager during the allotted time before the announced deadline (check your Updates, stay subscribed), lest you will not have dice ordered for you.
- Pledges that are "managed" and paid for after the pledge manager deadline, but before the ultimate deadline, will be treated like regular sale orders and thus have pricing converted to MSRP, shipping costs increased to full one-at-a-time-by-hand rates, and may be subject to VAT, though I will continue to try to avoid VAT for you wherever possible. Your pledge value will be honored, but you'll end up with an additional balance, or less dice, with no refunds at this point.
- Pledges that are not "managed" and paid for in full by the ultimate deadline (TBD - but a good distance into the future - I'd guess roughly 3 additional months after fulfillment) will result in an abandoned pledge. Abandoned pledges will be converted to "No Reward" pledges, meaning: no dice with no refund option available. Please don't let that happen.
TLDR: Fill out the pledge manager when it's first sent to you and everything will be great! If you fill it out late you'll be required to pay more or may not get dice. Read the Updates I send through this campaign and you'll stay well informed!
Risks and challenges
Halfsies Dice World Tour has been around the block, so to speak, and has had its research done. This will be our 2nd round of producing Halfsies Dice in exactly this manner (colors selected by the backers), and we have a contract with the same factory for the same moulds.
To date we have created and shipped over 33,500 Halfsies Dice Sets! That's over 234,500 individual dice! (That's a lot of dice!)
Your pledge is in good hands.
BY BACKING THIS PROJECT YOU AGREE TO THE ART & COLORATION EXPECTATION, REFUND & EXCHANGE, and PLEDGE MANAGER POLICIES FOUND ABOVE.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (14 days)