Daily news break - Day 12 - FINAL 6 HOURS!
We're in our final hours with all Stretch Goals unlocked! - The 12-day adventure is almost over! But it isn't quite yet!
To thank everyone for joining us, we are giving every backer a free color-changing pencil...
...make that, 1 per bag ordered!
No made up stretch goals, no carrots on strings, just a big thank you!
With only a few hours left, if you've considered sharing this project, or going in on a group buy... now's the time!
Why now, why so urgent?
- There will be NO post-campaign upgrade opportunity on this project.
- The bags will NOT be available in retail.
- And I'll barely have extra to sell on our website, and those won't be EU-Friendly.
It's truly now or never!
BONUS #1 - Join us in the comments today and I'll give you another free pencil! Just for hanging out. : ) Total social bribery.
BONUS #2 - Share this campaign on Twitter or Facebook in the last 6 hours, and I'll give you another free pencil! Just be sure to let me know you did.
Welcome to the short and exciting campaign for affordable new gaming tote bags to support your Game Nights and Gen Con 2016 shopping experience.
Each Kaiju-level bag...
- ...is approx. 15" tall, 13" wide, and 10" thick, easily holding 4-5 big box games and then some.
- ...easily supports over 35lbs.
- ...has reinforced carrying handles that run the entire length of the bag and a reinforced plastic bottom insert to strengthen the base and structure of the bag.
- ...folds flat for easy transfer to and from conventions.
- ...can be picked up at GenCon at Gate Keeper Games' booth #2926 for Free Shipping. (Select: Antarctica)
- ...comes with a 1 year replacement guarantee. (see FAQs for details)
The first bag is "The Classic", featuring...
- A fun inspiring image.
- Classic game items and tokens.
- A transparent background revealing the grey bag beneath.
These two have now been unlocked for you...
"The Homage" features...
- An image paying friendly respect to modern greats.
- Game items and tokens from those games.
- A transparent background revealing the burgundy bag beneath.
"The Kaiju" features...
- An image of a Kaiju Meeple wreaking havoc.
- Meeples fleeing in terror and imploring your help.
- A full color background on a navy blue bag.
A 4th bag, by backer demand and vote, has also been unlocked.
"The Bag of Holding" features...
- An image of meeples in costume playing a fantasy RPG in a cave.
- High detail and art that uses the bag's color to accent the theme.
- A transparent background on a backer-choice black bag.
Samples shown, final art and bag colors may vary slightly.
Fill out this fun survey - it'll speed up production!
By responding you will speed up production! ...by giving us estimates of which bags are being ordered and to which locations so we can begin to advance our order before funding. Zero personal information collected. Thanks!
Thank you to all the early voters that determined the unlock order for Bag #2 and Bag #3!
Share this high-urgency project and help it grow as big as it can in the last hours!
Shipping Fees by region:
*Kickstarter doesn't allow custom locations, so I need to pick one to assign to that intent. Gen Con's theme this year is ice & snow, so Antarctica seemed like the most fun choice.
All rewards are printed in, and ship from, the USA. Bag prices are as low as we can get them to you at, and shipping is quoted at, or under, cost so that this remains practical for EU backers. In addition, we are now EU-Friendly! We are paying a portion of the net costs to get you your bags in the EU in a "friendly" manner, and it is my authentic pleasure to do so.
Our order must be placed very shortly after the campaign closes in order to get the bags to Gen Con on time. Therefore, I will launch the Pledge Manager surveys IMMEDIATELY after the campaign closes.
If you intend to select FREE Gen Con Pickup you must fill out your pledge management form immediately so we can allot the correct quantity of each bag to ship to the con.
I myself truly need a better tote bag than my backpack to carry around my games. When I went looking for some I found mostly under-sized canvas bags that would scuff my game corners, giant bags so big I could fit my mattress in, or reasonably sized ones that were simply too expensive (...awesome to-be-sure!... but too expensive).
So I set out to make one that met the following requirements:
- Big - but still one-hand-able - carry 4-10 games depending on game
- Soft & squared - a material and shape that would be kind to my games
- Strong - I want to be able to abuse it without the handles ripping off
And thus the Game Night Bag was born.
Having manufacturing know-how I decided to make them for all of us!
To that end, I'm charging as little as I can to make these bags a reality for all of us.
I hope to have your support, and maybe even hand you your bag in person.
Here's a few more ways to support Gate Keeper Games and get cool new stuff to put in your Game Night Bags at Gen Con 2016.
Risks and challenges
This is my 7th crowdfunding campaign and by far the smallest and easiest. But that doesn't mean I take the responsibility lightly.
To ensure this works as quickly and easily as promised, all bags are already in the states and will be printed to order at our command stateside. Then fulfillment will happen by hand myself. Further, all ship-to-home orders of 6 or more bags will ship with a full $50 insurance on them (within the USA only).
We have given ourselves twice the amount of time needed for production as required. So the only real risk is the standard issue possibility of a freight debacle delaying arrival past Gen Con. While that's always an option, with no ships to sink or planes to drop cargo 30,000 feet we're pretty excited to be in the back of a truck for once with a whole extra week to spare ...praying the guy doesn't get lost. : )
There are 3 things I'm doing new on this project that I don't know how will affect funding. I'm doing this to be able to comment on them on our Kickstarter Advice Columns pages in the future.
#1) Running a very short campaign.
#2) Using Kickstarter's new bullet-list feature for reward descriptions.
#3) Cutting my usual advertising budget by 85%.
I'll also be using Kickstarter's Survey System for Pledge Management, something I haven't done before (thus eliminating the opportunity for post-campaign upgrades).
These changes could affect the success level of the project, but if they do, I'll use it to teach the next generation of Kickstarter Creators.
Pledge with confidence. I promise I'll take care of you. It's what I do.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (11 days)