Thank you for taking a look at the Electromagnate Board Game. Read this project all the way to the end to receive a free gift.
In Electromagnate two teams, of 1 to 3 players per side, compete to close circuits on the game board. Players traverse grid nodes and place component cards onto grid lines. Once you close a circuit you begin to draw power from the enclosed area.
Acquired power can be used to purchase character upgrades, which increase player abilities. Or technology can be purchased, to help your play or hamper your opponents. Finally, megaliths can be purchased/built, to increase the power gained from areas.
Combat can be enacted to battle your opponent for control of grid nodes or grid lines. Inserted into the combat/poker deck are random event cards, which bring elements of chance to the game.
The game comes with the board you see here, called Metatron. Other game board maps are planned for the future.
The game is designed to be played competitively, as first priority. However, it is also visually stunning. The cards, the game board and the box are all artistically designed and presented in thick and glossy materials.
The unique game board, innovative game mechanic and various game systems make the Electromagnate Board Game highly customizable. There are a dozen different in-game systems that can be turned on, off or tweaked. The fun of custom gaming, which thrills millions online, becomes up close and personal on the table top.
For $19, plus shipping, you can get the full Electromagnate board game.
All backers also get, for no additional charge, the single-use playcard and digital copies of all Annadale Comics books.
You can get 3 copies of the playcard for $1. Here's what the single-use playcard looks like.
Here's what the game includes. All of the printed materials are glossy.
- Game Box Featuring Comic Art
- Electromagnate Game Board, Metatron Map
- Electromagnate Standard Rule Book
- Combat/Poker Deck
- Technology Deck
- Megalith Cards
- Component Cards
- Random Event Cards
- Large Dice, Red and Black
- Population Discs, Red and Black
- Card Stands, Red and Black
- Electromagnate Scoring Pad
- Electromagnate Pencil
Set in the near future, humans resist a computer dominated world with the help of some ancients. Read the full story in the Electromagnate graphic novel, offered in this project.
The objective of electrifying segments of the grid and using those segments to close circuits on a board layout may seem familiar to players of the Eastern game of Go, or the middle school game of Dots.
When standing on a grid node your character can place a component card on any touching grid lines. Place the last card needed to close a circuit, and your color goes in the enclosed population center and you begin harvesting power from it.
Megalithic structures can be added to circuit nodes to amplify the power drawn from any circuits in contact with the structure.
Components are placed on the board by your team of characters. Your characters can be upgraded in skills and bolstered with technology. This gives the game a Chess like feel as you move your characters strategically to battle the opposing team/player.
The instigator of battles in Electromagnate do not automatically win, such as in Chess. In Electromagnate you play a hand with the included custom Electromagnate Poker Deck to see who wins the battle and what resources change hands.
Random event cards are inserted into the card deck. When the random cards appear they are immediately played in the game.
The Electromagnate Board Game is set in the Electromagnate Comic Book Universe. You will have to deal with random events that come straight from the established science fiction. Luckily there are also power-ups from the same universe that can save you.
The game concept was imagined before the book was written. It's all about motivation. Building, closing and hijacking circuits creates power for the people who own the circuits. This is the driver of the book. This is the driver of the game. This is the easy to grasp, yet endlessly sustainable game mechanic that we believe will be a gaming epiphany.
To win either dominate the board, the point total, or just destroy the grid as a last resort.
The Electromagnate Board Game is infinitely customizable. Some of the best times that you and your mates will have is when you make and play your own game variants. Tournament Mode is the main and standard version of the game. The others are bonus modes.
- Single Mode - This is like Solitaire, against an artificially intelligent opponent. Play times vary.
- Party Mode - This is to Electromagnate what Checkers is to Chess. It's played on the same board, but it's a simpler game. Games play in 45 minutes.
- Electromagnate Mode - In this mode you don't control the game, the game controls you. Games play in 45 to 90 minutes.
- Tournament Mode - This is the complete, full and standard mode of the game. It is thoroughly balanced, play-tested and designed for the most skillful player to win. Games are about two hours.
- Custom Mode - There are countless custom game modes and settings waiting to be created. Define your game. Give it a name. Post a video showing the world how it's played.
- Aŕamur Bhaŕathäe-Lane - Lead game designer at Machine Code Games.
- N.R. Bhaŕathäe - Artist from Electromagnate graphic novel and creator of several video games, including Labyrinth: Caverns of 2073.
- John Rap - Writer and creator of the Electromagnate comic book series; former video game forum admin and host of tournaments.
There are Electromagnate comic books, graphic novels, a playing card deck, character cards and now a board game. Electromagnate content has been rolling out since early 2014 and has been in production since 2013. It all started with an idea for a massive multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG.)
Here are the steps taken so far, and visualized for the future.
- Step 1 - Idea of an MMORPG game using circuit nodes and topology to allow multiple and ever changing players, parties and goals all creating an endlessly sustainable game, where even winners eventually get toppled or undermined. DONE.
- Step 2 - Establish Electromagnate Universe, in fiction based on gameplay, in Electromagnate Graphic Novel. DONE.
- Step 3 - Create playing card deck. DONE.
- Step 4 - Create board game with play analogous to what generals will do in MMORPG. THIS PROJECT.
- Step 5 - Single player Electromagnate video game analogous to what infantry will do in MMORPG. FUTURE GOAL.
- Step 6 - Massive Multiplayer Online Electromagnate Role Playing Game. ULTIMATE VISION.
- Step 7 - Dominate world, in game. ICING ON CAKE.
- At 1,000 Backers an Electromagnate Board Game Scorekeeper app will be created and free to all backers
- At 2,000 Backers N.R. Bharathae graphics will be added to scorekeeper app
- Additional stretch goals will be announced once prior goals are meet.
Finally some presents for you.
Message me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free digital download of the 290 page graphic novel, Electromagnate The Book of Rebel Nations.
Here's a knowledge gift to you. You can play the game today, for free. All you need is a large piece of paper or cardboard, two decks of cards, some poker chips, and either Lego characters or army men. You can even make your own original game maps. Watch this project, as this will be explained further in updates.
Risks and challenges
The game has already been created and an order can be placed for a single copy.
The version of the rule book included in the board game box may differ from the stand alone version. The rules would be the same, but the stand alone book will have an ISBN number and may have additional pages.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (37 days)