The journey to the 700 Knights graphic novel began on Kickstarter when the first project was launched. At that time the comic was just an idea. Thank you Kickstarter community for supporting. Now all the pages have been written, drawn, inked, colored and lettered. Your book is done!
There are four individual issues. This fourth such project is for a printed copy of 700 Knights 4 of 4. The other three issues are also available from this project.
- Lou Manna - Has penciled comics for Marvel and DC, on books including Spiderman, Phantom, Icicle, Salem St. James and T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents.
- John Rap - Writer and creator of the Electromagnate series.
- Santosh P. Pillewar - Colorist on titles Odayan, Batu Gaiden, Kaal and others.
The 700 Knights tale is based on the historical 1565 Great Siege of Malta. Where 700 Knights of Saint John defended Europe, at Malta, against an overwhelming Ottoman Empire invasion force. The vastly outnumbered Knights won, and in doing so, stopped the empire from taking Europe.
It is also the story of Knight Grandmaster Jean de Valette and Ottoman Commander Dragut Reis. After this battle cities will be built in honor of both of these men.
When the Ottomans pushed the Knights out of Rhodes de Valette opened the gates to surrender to Reis and then spent time as a galley slave on an Ottoman ship. Now as Grandmaster of the Knights, as well as an experienced Ottoman seaman, de Valette will defend Malta against Dragut and the force he knows so well.
You can get just part 4 of 4, the final issue in the series, or you can get all four comics in the collection.
The price of the comic, wherever comics are sold, will be about $6 per issue, perhaps even higher. Only a bulk print run and low commission distribution, such as on Kickstarter, allows the comic to be $2 per issue.
Tell anyone you know, who might be interested in the comic, to visit this project.
The following items will be sent to all backers at any level, at no additional cost.
- PDF of all four issues of 700 Knights
- PDF of 290 page graphic novel Electromagnate The Book of Rebel Nations
- 3 Single-use Playcards of the Electromagnate board game
- Annadale Comics Foodcard #1 Pizzaroni Peppers
- Choice of one of existing Annadale Comics Votecards, such as Sharks on a Train, Neanderthal Rising, 700 Knights, Woman in the Mirror, Unity of the Don, etc.
What follows are silent, low resolution images of the entire fourth issue of 700 Knights.
Risks and challenges
The book is done already. This is just a print job. Do not fear if the price or goal seems low. I promise you that I will deliver.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)