A delightfully quirky collection of those moments, be they embarrassing, funny, or downright dreadful, that happen to all of us.
IMAGINE SWEEPING CINEMATIC MUSIC!
A boy in Kansas becomes convinced his mother is an extraterrestrial squid; a man exits a bathroom stall and comes face to face with a giant talking fish, and a maid cleaning a motel room gets a shocking surprise. These are just three of the tales you’ll discover in UTTER NONSENSE, a delightfully quirky collection of those moments, be they embarrassing, funny, or downright dreadful, that happen to all of us.
Join in the fun as:
- an Olympic skier tries to impress the ladies at an aprés ski bar
- a teenage girl has a harrowing experience cleaning her goldfish bowl
- a Jamaican man runs into a polar bear while camping in Canada
Ask yourself what you would do if:
- your father stripped and did a fanboy dance at a political rally
- you suddenly had the chance to make some extra cash in a Reno nightclub bathroom
- your mother showed up at your apartment at 1:00 AM and demanded your vibrator
No time to read? No problem! UTTER NONSENSE was written with today’s busy schedules in mind. The stories are short enough that you can pick the book up, read one in just a few minutes, and then get back to your day with a smile on your face. Be warned, however, you’ll want to read your favorites again and again, and with fifty in the collection, you’re sure to find many favorites.
What will funding be used for?
Excellent question! I’d want to know this myself. First and foremost, funding will go toward the production of the book. This means the actual printing. Believe it or not, I haven’t found anyone interested in doing this for free. I know — WTF?!
Funds will also go to the following:
- Purchase of image for cover design
- ISBN numbers, registration fees, and other costs associated with listing in the major online bookstores
- Envelopes, packing materials and postage (you do want me to ship it to you — right?)
- Kickstarter fees
- Taxes! (I offered to pay Uncle Sam in copies of the book. They said “Sure” — as long as they could send over several IRS agents to put my finances through their super-duper, government-issued lemon squeezer and make sure no cash came out.)
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Delays are always a risk, but in this case they should be minimal given that the book is written (and rewritten and rewritten and rewritten). Still unexpected things do come up. Backers will be notified if anything significantly alters the production schedule.
The primary challenge — writing the book — like I mentioned is already accomplished. The remaining challenges include another (yes another!) round of editing, designing a professional cover, laying out the book for print, working through the printing process, and getting all backers their rewards in a timely fashion. What could go wrong?
Thanks for considering my project!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.