Mummy's Always Right is a gorgeously illustrated, premium board book, featuring a mischievous little monster named GAWS who learns all the many reasons he should listen to his MUMMY!
Thanks so much for helping me bring Mummy's Always Right and the Creature Cove universe to life!
In the book, your little monsters will enter the world of CREATURE COVE, home to the Mummy Family.
They'll follow a day in the life of Gaws, as his Mummy teaches him important life lessons that all of our little boys and ghouls should know...
The importance of cleaning your room and brushing your teeth...
Eating a hearty breakfast...
How to stay safe while exploring...
How to play nicely with other little monsters...
Staying away from strangers...
Quality time with Daddy...
...and so much more!
Have a look Inside!
- 24-pages of gorgeous illustrations featuring GAWS, MUMMY and the BOO CREW and other creepy and cuddly denizens of CREATURE COVE!
- Mummy knows best... and she'll help you teach your little monsters how to stay safe and behave while still having fun with friends.
- Durable, laminated, high-quality board book that will stand up to countless bedtime readings.
- This book will literally have your kids saying the words "Mummy's Always Right!" Guaranteed!
Here's what actual readers are saying about Mummy's Always Right...
Why Am I'm Making This Book?
I'm a comic book artist with two little girls at home... and I had a problem.
See, my kids love to watch their daddy draw...
Unfortunately, most of the comics I do aren't really age appropriate for my little monsters. So I created Gaws, just for them.
My kids went crazy for this mischievous little mummy... For weeks, every day they'd come into my studio and ask for a new Gaws sketch.
Gradually, a story started to come together in my mind and MUMMY'S ALWAYS RIGHT was born.
The Creative Team
I'm Joe Mulvey. I'm a comics artist (SCAM, CounterTERROR) and a freelance illustrator and graphic designer. Mummy's Always Right is my first (but hopefully not last) children's book.
I'm joined by talented color artist Jules Rivera. I've been working with Jules for a few years now, and she always makes my pencils and inks shine.
Lettering the book is acclaimed and multiple Eisner-award nominated letterer Deron Bennett. Deron has lettered books for many top publishing company's including Jim Henson's Tale of Sand and The Muppets Show books, and I'm thrilled to have him on Mummy.
I'm also very happy to be working with ComixTribe, the publisher behind the hit board book C is for Cthulhu. I'm excited to add Mummy Always Right to their growing line of books parents and kids love to read together, with equal parts care and scare!
We're coming to Kickstarter to help raise funds for a large offset print run of at least 1000 copies of Mummy's Always Right.
The book is 100% complete and ready to go to print. We've come to Kickstarter to help get the book into as many hands as possible, and would love your support to bring it to life.
We'd like you to back our project with confidence that we'll deliver the rewards we promise in a timely manner. We're offering a 100% Backer-Satisfaction or your Mummy... er, money back.
If you're not 100% satisfied with your pledge, we'll do what it takes to resolve your issue. And if we can't, simply return your reward, and we'll refund your full pledge amount.
The Project Timeline
- The Kickstarter Campaign: 4 Weeks (May 16 - June 17)
- Kickstarter Funds Received: 2 Weeks (July 1)
- Mummy Goes to Print - (Early July)
- Digital Rewards Released - (Early July)
- Book Manufacturing and Freight - 8-12 Weeks (August-September)
- Extra buffer time of unexpected delays - 2 Weeks (October)
- Expected delivery to US Backers - 2 Weeks (Late October)
- Expected delivery for International Backers - 4 Weeks (November)
Risks and challenges
This is my second Kickstarter project, and the publisher, ComixTribe's ninth project.
We're well aware of the many challenges associated with delivering on a Kickstarter campaign, and know that fulfillment obstacles are a part of every campaign.
We have taken the following steps to mitigate the risk associated fulfilling this project:
1) We're working close with KrakenPrint, a well-regarded US-based print broker to ensure a quality book production, and on-time fulfillment.
2) The board book is 100% complete, and ready to go to print.
3) We don't anticipate any problems working with our already selected vendors for all rewards. However, we've already sourced back-up vendors for all products, should a problem arise.
4) We will be using BackerKit software for better campaign management and integration with fulfillment partners.
5) Please review previous ComixTribe Kickstarters (OXYMORON, EPIC, SCAM, THE RED TEN, THE STANDARD, C Is for CTHULHU, C is for CTHULHU BOARD BOOK & PLUSH TOY) for evidence of our ability to communicate with backers post campaign, and deliver on campaign fulfillment.
We don't consider a project successful unless 100% of our backers have been fulfilled.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)