We are filmmakers looking to produce our short film. Addie is a character that speaks loud to us, echoing struggles we've all faced.
Blackbird is a powerful short film, pushing the limits of story and style, exploring the inner-workings of Addie, a young woman subjected to a life of disappointment. Jarring, gritty, and raw, the unrelenting visuals depict a story that forces its way through emotion, casting an honest look at the thoughts that daily consume us.
My goal as a filmmaker is to produce a visually stunning film that tells a meaningful story in a way that is accessible, marketable, and true to the art of storytelling. Working with several talented local filmmakers, including Director Tommy Harrington and Cinematographer Kyle Metzger, I want to create a final product that displays the professional abilities of Portland's film community and becomes a staple piece in the resumés and reels of all those involved.
I am using the majority of the Kickstarter budget to pay the many talented individuals that have come together to help make this film a reality. We need to cover the costs of paying small cast and crew for a five to seven-day shoot, renting or purchasing special equipment, and providing great food on set to keep everyone's energy and spirits up as we create this story.
This project has a particularly unique opportunity to gain exposure, both locally and nationally (even internationally). I have an audience of nearly 500,000 readers each month that will be exposed to various aspects of Blackbird's creation. I hope to leverage that network with my own (and my cast's) network of local filmmakers as well as the festival circuits to get Blackbird playing in front of as many people as possible.
I have spent a lot of time (and consulted many people) coming up with cool rewards for the Blackbird Kickstarter program. A few notes about the rewards:
- I do not have a $1 reward. That is because I believe you should actually get something worthwhile for donating to our film and I can't honestly think of anything I could send you that would be worth it--for you, or me.
- Every person who donates will be listed on the official Blackbird Film site: http://blackbirdfilm.com as well as in a special section of the credits at the end of the film.
- Each reward, $75 and higher, includes a signed & numbered DVD of the film.
- Each reward, $250 and higher, includes a signed & numbered DVD, the film poster, and a button.
- The art for many of the rewards is not available yet. I will post them on the official Blackbird site: http://blackbirdfilm.com and update the Kickstarter page as soon as they are ready!
I do hope you find something you like over there and feel like my project is worth donating some money to. As this is a work-in-progress, if you feel like there would be a reward you would donate to get, let me know what it is and how much you'd be willing to donate and I'll try and add it!
To find out more about myself, click on my profile link (at the bottom of the page) or visit my website: http://503creative.com
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.