This update is to give clarity and answer a few questions I've received about the upcoming lens kit announcement.
Please note that all HEADGEAR and HEADCASE PRO kits come with one of the round lens ring kits described below.
What are WET vs PRO lens rings? The stock GoPro clear case that you already own has a 6-screw lens ring mount. Unfortunately, this mount is limited
due to the position of the screws and the large button beside it. This mount is different than the one we created on the
HEADCASE PRO - we did this to give more flexibility in future product
means we are offering two unique mounting scenarios - one for the stock GoPro clear
case (WET) and one for the HEADCASE PRO (PRO). The WET and PRO mounts
are available in flat round or flat square solutions = four lens kits total.
- WET PHLAT-R: Flat round lens ring kit mounts to GoPro clear case - use stand-alone or in unison with HEADGEAR.
- WET PHLAT-S: Flat square lens ring kit mounts to GoPro clear case - use stand-alone or in unison with HEADGEAR.
- PRO PHLAT-R: Flat round lens ring kit for use with HEADCASE PRO.
- PRO PHLAT-S: Flat square lens ring kit for use with HEADCASE PRO.
WET PHLAT-R - This is our "round" flat lens ring kit that comes
standard with HEADGEAR. The WET PHLAT-R mounts to the GoPro clear case
on the existing 6 screws and prevents blur underwater. If you don't have
HEADCASE, the WET PHLAT-R is also sold stand-alone for use on the clear
Unfortunately, the GoPro clear case design made it impossible to add a
round flat lens that's wide enough to prevent vignetting and not
conflict with the button. The WET PHLAT-R will vignette in 4:3 shooting modes.
WET PHLAT-S - This is our optional "square" flat lens ring
upgrade kit that also mounts to the GoPro clear case on the existing 6
screws and prevents blur underwater. The WET PHLAT-S won't vignette in
4:3 or 16:9 mode due to the wider format and square shape. The WET PHLAT-S is sold separately as an upgrade, and it comes with
the HEADGEAR+WET PHLAT-S package.
The PRO PHLAT-R and PRO PHLAT-S are both designed specifically for our proprietary, single threaded mount on the
HEADCASE PRO. The PRO PHLAT-R comes standard with the HEADCASE PRO. The
PRO PHLAT-S is the square version sold separately as an upgrade, and it comes with
the HEADCASE PRO+PRO PHLAT-S package.
- There are
small variations in GoPro cameras, so we are final testing the square designs
- The PRO PHLAT-R and PRO PHLAT-S lens ring kits are sealed,
but not intended for underwater use.
-All UNRULY lens kits are available for purchase stand-alone and come with a protective rubber cap and dome plug.
-All UNRULY lens kits come with a custom 3mm thick, single sided, anti-reflective piece of clear filter glass and a retainer ring. More filtration options coming soon...
-All UNRULY lens kits can be used with or without the GoPro clear dome installed, but the dome cannot be used at the same time as the clear filter glass.
-When using the included filter glass, the GoPro dome and grommet can be
replaced with the included rubber plug to fill the cavity left around
the GoPro lens bezel.
-We are currently water pressure testing the WET PHLAT-R and WET PHLAT-S for depth rating.
- It's important to first understand that our lens rings allow you to use the GoPro glass dome with the rubber grommet, or you can use our front filter glass without the dome.
- You cannot use the dome and the front glass at the same time on any lens ring model.
- When using the front glass filter, we've included a rubber donut plug to fill the space left by the absent dome and grommet.
- We discovered that the GoPro clear dome actually shifts and reduces the FOV on the GoPro by .933%, so when the dome is used vs the front glass filter, you are actually less likely to vignette.
- All round rings will vignette in 4:3 mode, whether you use the dome or front glass filter.
- The square ring will not vignette in16:9 or 9:4 modes.
- The included rubber cap covers and protects the optics in dome or front filter glass configurations.
I hope this helps dissolve some confusion. All lens kit photos will be posted this weekend with the official release...
Thank you again!