Hello my friends! I am re-posting this from the Skyfire page (sorry some of you will get double) in case you haven't been able to pledge yet for Skyfire, but have been thinking about it! There are a couple of special things happening just for you:
Hello friends and pride members!
I can't even believe we're over $8,000 with weeks to go!! I'm so grateful and excited. You guys are amazing, truly. Tell your friends, tell your enemies (it might help to make you friends! ;) and if you don't have the funds, tell your family so they can get you something nice. Muaha.
So, I've had lots of really good questions from individuals. Thank you, keep asking! Seriously. I was so pumped to get the campaign live that there are a couple of details that I want to iron out for everyone, and I do appreciate when people ask for clarification.
1. The e-book of Skyfire is included in every pledge level above $10. The e-book of Summer King is only included in the pledge where it's listed. If you would like to add it to any pledge level, just add $5 and send me a note that you'd like it added.
2. For backers who pledged last year and will already be receiving a copy of Skyfire this year: A couple of you have expressed interest in both the 11x14 print and the t-shirt. If you are already receiving the book and are interested in getting just a poster or a t-shirt (or both), I am going to create a pledge level just for you! So if you've been waiting, hang tight until Monday evening. (I'm opening up new pledge levels Monday because I have family in town allllll weekend and I want to make sure I have the details correct.)
3. Mini Shard: Unfortunately I can't offer him as an add-on. Because they are hand made (by one person!) unique and so on, I need to include him in a pledge level so my seamstress doesn't get overwhelmed. However the Great News is that she has offered to make a couple more and I will be adding a new 'Wingfriend' pledge on Monday. So if you've been Hoping that more Shards will be available, they will! The pledge level will be $185. The slight bump is because of added time, pressure, materials, etc.
4. The T-shirt: my printer has been going through an unfortunate series of machine breakdowns, but finally got to experiment with color. The shirts will be printed on white, because it looks best! The shirts are American Apparel, 100% combed cotton--in other words, soft, comfy and luscious!
5. Stretch Goal Sketches: At the bottom of the post I've included a sample of what the small stretch goal sketches will look like when we get there. The $100 original drawings will be larger, detailed, and will probably have a little color! (I found some sweeeeet 'Le Pen' markers perfect for sketching bright gryfons!!)
6. Finally: My FAVORITE announcement: Based on the popularity of the Shards and by fan request, our artist is currently designing.... *drumroll* ...a 6" Catori.
You make take this moment to express your glee. ;)
I've included some initial sketches in the bottom of this post. There will be extremely limited (fewer than 5) mini Catoris offered with other goodies at a $200 pledge level. So if you want one, be ready to click. I will not be able to add any more plushies to the campaign after this--just to reiterate, it is one woman sewing!
AND one more thing...actually, well, maybe I'll save that for a surprise.
But trust me that there will be an excellent reason for people to pledge a bit at any level to get in on the chance of something good! Again, this pledge level will be added Monday evening. Keep an eye out!
I'm offering this as an update so people can ruminate over the weekend, ask questions, clarify and so on before I open up the new pledge levels. (Around 7:00pm Mountain Time, USA, if you're worried about things running out--which they might).
Questions, comments, please hit me up. I'm happy to answer, and so grateful to all of you!