Ice Dragons is the latest in a series of Dragons & Other Rare Creatures projects that feature books, decks of playing cards, and other products by Author/Illustrator Jessica Feinberg. You can learn more about the series at artlair.com.
Fire Dragons was a previous successful project in the series. Some Fire Dragons rewards are being reprinted in limited numbers as part of this project so newer backers can get Fire and Ice Sets.
WANT TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR PLEDGE? Available add-on items are listed NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE with prices. As items unlock this list will be updated (this way you can see all the pricing together).
- REACHED $3000 BASE GOAL: Prints the new Ice Deck and Ice Book, plus reprints the Fire Deck & Book (as needed).
- REACHED $4000 - Unlocks keychains
- REACHED $5000 - Unlocks Playmats
- REACHED $6000 - Unlocks Art Prints
- REACHED $7000 - Unlocks Fabric Tapestry Prints
- REACHED $8000 - Unlocks Mousepads
- REACHED $9000 - Unlocks Playmat Bags
- REACHED $10k - Unlocks an additional 4x6 print set add-on (different than those that come with books) and two more keychain designs.
- REACHED $11k - Adds an extra 4x6 print to the book rewards
- REACHED $12k - Adds an extra bookmark to all book rewards
- REACHED $13k - Adds a large Ice Dragons sticker to all deck & book rewards AND Coasters Unlock!
- REACHED $14k - Unlocks a magnet/pin set of five (different than those that come with books).
- REACHED $14.5k - Unlocks tote bags
- REACHED $15k - All backers who pledge a total of $100 or more will get a grab bag of bookmarks, stickers, and postcards from past projects
Decks are standard poker sized playing cards printed on high quality 310 GSM Linen Stock. There are no repeat pictures in the decks - that's 54 different ice pictures and 54 different fire pictures (plus the deck back artwork!). Decks are printed by MPC and come in full color tuck boxes.
All decks come with a matching sticker sheet of postage stamp sized stickers (can be used for deck seals or whatever you want) and pins/magnets (these are mid-sized round pins with a magnet you can place on the back so they work as a button or magnet).
Ice Dragons & Other Rare Arctic Creatures is a 6x9 inch (hardcover or paperback) 100 page field guide. The book begins with Ice Dragons, but then moves on to cover all sorts of ice creatures including yeti, ice fae, frost giants, trolls, and much more!
Also available is Fire Dragons & Other Rare Ember Creatures. This is a matching 100 page field guide covering fire dragons, phoenixes and other fire creatures.
All books come with matching bookmarks and these 4x6 prints:
Each egg starts with a wooden egg that is then textured via paper sculpture to look like a dragon egg, hand painted, and varnished. EACH IS UNIQUE! Eggs are lightweight and durable. You can choose 2" or 3" Frost or Flame eggs. Eggs come with a certificate signed by the artist.
11 x 17 Art Prints
NOW UNLOCKED! Large 11x17 full color prints are available individually or in sets of six (to save on shipping). They will be shipped rolled in a tube.
50x60 Fabric Prints
I'm SO excited to have a stretch goal for HUGE 50" x 60" Wall Tapestry fabric prints! These are prints ON fabric great for indoor OR outdoor use. You can hang them on the wall, use them to cover entire tables, or even as capes for costumes! Prints are by Inked Gaming and are the same great vibrant colors as the Mousepads and Playmats. They are printed on smooth, thin polyester and drape well, edges are stitched. Can be folded for storage AND are machine washable.
Prints 1-4 are included with books (see the books section above) but backers can add those or 7 other designs indivigually for $2 each. A set of ALL 11 is $20, and a set of print 5-11 (the 7 not included with books) is $12.
Mousepads, Playmats & Bags
NOW UNLOCKED Ice & Fire mousepads and playmats!
Mousepads are a little over 11 x 9 inchesPlaymats are 24 x14 inches.
Both are 2.5mm thick (and can be rolled up) with rubber backing for traction. Can be washed.
Playmat bags NOW UNLOCKED. These are specifically designed to hold playmats! They hold up to two rolled mats, close with a drawstring, are water resistant and include a strap with carabiner for carrying on a backpack. Artwork wraps around the bag as shown in these mockups:
Totes feature ALL OVER PRINTING ON BOTH SIDES and are 13x13 inches. They feature a 1" wide super strong cotton shoulder strap that is 14" long.
4x4 inch coasters NOW UNLOCKED!
Double sided metal keychains NOW UNLOCKED! $3 Each four designs available.
A set of five magnets/buttons (can be used for either - magnets are removable). $5 to add on.
The following items are already unlocked and can be "added" onto any pledge (other than the digital only pledge level). Simply increase your pledge by the amount listed for the item(s) you want.
- Fire or Ice Deck - $14 US/$16 INT
- Paperback Ice or Fire Book - $16 US/$17 INT
- Hardcover Ice or Fire Book - $19 US/$22 INT
- 2" Egg Replica - $12 US/$14 INT
- 3" Egg Replica - $14 US/$16 INT
Egg Replica Set - $30 US /$34 INT
(3" Frost egg, 2" Flame egg & egg pocket guide)
- Keychains - $3 each
- Mousepad - $10 US / $12 INT
- Playmat - $18 US/$20 INT
- Playmat Bag - $12 US/$14 INT
- Playmat & Bag - $28 US/$30 INT
- 11x17 Print - $16 US/$18 CA/$20 INT
- 11x17 Prints Set of 6 - $68 US/ 70 CA/$72 INT
- 50x60 Fabric Tapestry Print - $40 US / $42 CA/ $44 INT
- Both Fabric Tapestry Prints - $70 US / $75 CA/ $80 INT
- 4x6 Prints - $2 each
- 4x6 Print set of 11 - $20
- 4x6 Print set of 7 (those not included w/ books) - $12
- 4x4 coasters $4.50 for the pair or $12 for three of each
- Set of 5 Ice Buttons/Magnets $5
- Ice Tote Bag $26 US/$30 INT
About the Paintings:
The original paintings offered as the kickstarter rewards are watercolor and may also include some pen & ink work (see below for examples). These are FROM the book/deck. Backers will choose their paintings in the order they pledged, but there are always a few extra so backers will always have multiple options.
Risks and challenges
UPDATED: The deck and book are FINISHED already and I'm just waiting proof copies. I In addition I've run over a dozen successful kickstarters already so I'm really experienced. I always have some contingency in both the budget AND reward deadlines to allow for any issues that may arise. I take making backers happy very seriously and have the project history to prove it.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)