This manuscript's been done for a while, and it's in great shape!
We solicited an early review from Kirkus; they said: "Brennan's command of facts is absolute and his ear for dialogue is pitch-perfect...[a]n extremely impressive debut." It's a grand philosophical work in the Dostoyevskian mold, and a great antidote to our celebrity-crazed culture--the perfect World War II novel for everyone who prefers The Brothers Karamazov to the Sisters Kardashian.
We need your help to get it out there, though.
Here's where your money's going:
- $1,500 for historical photograph reprint rights from ČTK, the Czech Press Agency.
- $1,282.75 for Tortoise Books t-shirts.
- $1,100 for print advertising. (The Onion and/or The Chicago Reader.)
- $675 to print hardcover copies of the book to sell at launch and reward contributors.
- $982 to print softcover copies of the book prior to launch.
- $350 for the table at Printers Row Lit Fest. (I've already reserved it, folks.)
- $588.98 to cover Kickstarter project fees
- (23 days)