Derelict, an amazing upcoming First Person Shooter for mobile! It's genre is a combination of Sci-Fi and Thriller.
The pledged amount is $73500 MXN which is around $3625 USD
You play as a secret agent sent from a secret organization into a mysterious space station that was lost for over 20 years, your objective is simple, you enter the station, get to it's control room, access the database and extract it everything it contains. It's not an easy task however, the station is gigantic and you are not alone in there, many agents before you entered and failed, it's up to you to complete the mission.
This will be a full game with amazing experience for players, not only will it have a long campaign, but it will also have a survival mode, similar to survival in COD or firefight in Halo! Who knows, if enough people ask for it and enough money is raised i might even add multiplayer mode!
The game is not just a concept, it's a WIP already and it's going to have it's first release as soon as the campaign is finished and i add the new features and upgrades with the software i'm gonna get if this project gets funded!
The game as it is already has most of what is needed to have a fully working FPS game, what remains to do is mostly level design, create new 3D models of the environments each level will have.
The rest is almost complete, with interfaces fully functional, AI of enemies working (just need polishing in code and create more enemy 3D models with animations), weapons, game mechanics, player with health and joysticks and much more!
The way i'm gonna use the money will be this way:
- 3ds Max license: I have more experience with 3ds Max than Blender, with 3ds max i can make higher quality 3D models and animations and work much faster.
- Adobe Creative Suite: I plan on using photoshop to create the best textures and Illustrator for the best UI elements, not just for this game but also future projects, i also plan on using After Effects and Premiere Pro for video editings and Dreamweaver to make my very own website as developer.
- Unity Pro: Although Unity Personal Edition has most of the necessary tools, there are certain tools and services i need from unity pro to make the game as good as possible and prevent errors or performance drops. To prevent this, Unity Pro offers a service that allows me to monitor in real time the performance on user's phones, that way i can spot bugs more easily, the other use will be adding extra features to the enemies, since i'll be able to add more behaviors that will make the enemies harder to deal with.
- Assets from Unity's Asset Store: Although i've been doing most of the work for the game in all aspects, from visual elements to programming, there are certain things that can only be added if i purchase certain assets, these assets will allow me to make the game more enjoyable and intuitive. Among the assets i want to add some are 3D models and textures, UI elements, special effects, game mechanics and extra services.
- More time dedicated to the game and thus getting updates done 3x faster: It's difficult to work on a FPS game by yourself, especially if you just graduated. With this amount i'll manage to sustain myself at least for a couple months, that way i'll be able to work faster with the updates i'll be releasing after the first release on December.
Now without further ado i'll show you screenshots of the game from my phone:
I'll Now proceed to show you some pics from Unity showing the development of the game!
Risks and challenges
This game will be completed regardless of the situation and the first version of the game will be uploaded on december.
The only major risk is the possibility of having delays on future updates, it might take me longer than expected to create some maps or some campaign levels to add into the game, because not only do i have to create ALL the content and make the programming but also test them and make sure they work fine and they don't kill performance.
Still, the delays won't mean i won't make the updates, you will just have to wait but still, you will still have a product with one campaign level and at least 3 Survival mode maps by december.
Whatever i add in the future whether it has delay or not, will be added as updates for the game you will already have.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)