Unconscious Bias eLearning Project
Unconscious Bias eLearning Project
A digital platform providing customized unconscious bias eLearning for FREE to educators and low cost to other professionals.
A digital platform providing customized unconscious bias eLearning for FREE to educators and low cost to other professionals. Read more
Diversity and inclusion are topics of current interest both in organizations and in our society. Unconscious bias (otherwise known as implicit bias)is being recognized as the new force of discrimination. This ingrained and unconscious bias is a strong force in maintaining the status quo.
While more decision makers are beginning to make an effort to recruit and hire more fairly, they do not always have the understanding, skills and systems in place to adequately “manage the mix” and ensure a fair and equitable employment or educational experience.
We want to empower teachers with the skills they need to impact their experience on the job and help other teachers get the support they need in their roles as educators. We also want to empower these educators to make a positive difference in the lives of their students.
There is no group in a better position to facilitate fairness and instigate social change than pre-K through 12 public school educators. Teachers powerfully impact our society.
The purpose of this project is to provide digital learning resources to educators that will teach them how to take action in ways that directly facilitate change and promote social good for both teachers at work and children in schools.
- For diversity and inclusion efforts to be impactful, they must be integrated into an organization’s systems and given attention and strategic focus on an ongoing basis.
- One-time training and programs are not good enough. Diversity and inclusion training must be ongoing.
- The eLearning modules that we will provide will raise awareness, teach skills and recommend ongoing resources and training for continued growth and development.
- These educators will have FREE access to these resources on demand, as often as they need them for reference or for use in the education of others.
- We can do a better job for teachers by giving them greater access to the tools they need.
WHY WE SEEK YOUR HELP
We are raising funds to develop 90 minutes of eLearning resources that will be available to educators via the internet.
These digital resources will:
- Include practical skills educators need in order to diminish implicit bias. Have immediate action steps that will influence change.
- Provide resources to integrate into the school’s organizational system. Be broken down into three 30-minute segments.
- Be customizable and accessible online.
- Be FREE to all pre-K through 12 public school educators.
Every dollar donated will help us move closer to our goal.
A CALL FOR ACTION
We are inviting you to sponsor this project because we know you and your reputation match the integrity of this cause. We know this is something that you can get behind.
You are already known as a care provider for the social good, and your involvement in this will further demonstrate your integrity and increase the integrity of our program.
We will bring our time and expertise to this very important social innovation project, but we need your support to make it happen. By making a donation in the amount of $1000 or more:
- You will become an official sponsor of both this campaign and the digital products that we create the these educators.
- Your logo will be included on our crowdfunding page and website.
- You will be mentioned in all media relations and other communications associated with the products and campaign.
YOUR RETURN ON INVESTMENT
Facilitating fairness begins by teaching fairness to young people. By contributing to the creation and distribution of this eLearning series for educators, you are helping to lay the foundation for the future of the United States workforce.
Your contribution will make you and your company:
- A direct influencer of the next generation of employees and employers.
- A catalyst for change in programs and processes for fair and productive workplaces.
- A contributor to the growth and development of young people – YOUR workforce future.
- A link in the chain connecting people in innovation.
- A recipient of this learning management system (LMS) resource for your own organization
Risks and challenges
Producing eLearning is intensive process requiring the expertise and technology to ensure the best quality product possible. We are working with a world class leader in high quality, interactive learning solutions with the latest research on gamification and simulation to educate, engage, and change learning behavior.
Delays in production are to be expected. So, our timeline for completion and deadline for providing access may be extended to ensure we offer an exceptional service. We expect to keep our sponsors and other stakeholders informed about our progress including any unexpected delays or obstacles leading up to the eventual project launch in Spring 2015.
If you would like to inquire about our progress after the end of this campaign, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.comLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)