WHO, WHAT, AND WHERE?
Hi, I'm Jeff. I'm a photographer from Central Massachusetts. Do we have enough to fill this space yet? No? Ok, I'll keep going.
This project is all about celebrating the most awesome dogs around: Boston Terriers. At least 50 of them. They're charismatic, photogenic, and come dressed in custom black and white suits. Who can top that?
Since my wife and I got our Boston Terrier, Kenni, 3+ years ago, she's been a constant fixture in our lives and in my photography.
We've recreated other great photography (original):
We've done sexy studio shots:
And we've done serious studio shots:
Now, I want to take this Boston Terrier show on the road (so to speak...I'll be shooting this project in my home studio) and produce a book featuring these amazing dogs.
WHEN, WHY, HOW?
Well, the when is easy. Now. This year. After focusing the bulk of my photography on weddings for the last couple of years, I've decided to take an indefinite break from that side of things to focus on some different projects. This is it.
Why? Here's why:
- I love these dogs and, as far as I can tell, nobody has done anything quite like I want to do with this.
- Being a photographer, I'm lucky enough to have some pretty great shots of my dog. Let me give you some pretty great shots of your dog too.
- I plan on helping one or more rescue organizations with a portion of the proceeds. Every dog deserves a home and someone who loves them.
And finally...how. That's where you come in, and that's why I'm here. So if you've read this far, thank you. If you haven't read this far and you've already backed me at one level or another...also thanks.
The central part of this project is finding the dogs. If you have friends or family members with Boston Terriers that might want to participate, please feel free to pass this along to them. My goal is to showcase at least 50 dogs in this book.
The budget I've put together for this project will go towards:
- Photography equipment - everything from different studio backdrops to better lighting options will help me get a variety of shots to compile into the completed book.
- Dog props - stools, benches, toys, blankets, etc. Oh, and cookies. Definitely tons of cookies.
- Printing the book.
- Rewards - the shirts, the dog tags, the photo prints...all the cool stuff listed to the right.
- My [very nominal] fee - this project is pretty enormous, and everything from raising the funds and scheduling to shooting, editing, and designing the book takes time. Tons of time.
- Most importantly, helping other Boston Terriers. Dogs helping dogs with their owners' money. That's what it's all about, right?
Remember, with Kickstarter, it's all or nothing. If I don't reach my funding goal, this project unfortunately gets scrapped (at least for now). I appreciate your help in pulling this together. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions on the project or anything involved.
Risks and challenges
The main challenge of this project is that from beginning to end, it's all right here on Kickstarter. I need your help finding the dogs to shoot and raising the funds to build this project and produce a book out of it.
The other risks are inherent of any Kickstarter projects: scheduling, completion, and fulfillment of everything promised throughout the project.
Oh, and I suppose one of the dogs could bite me. That's another risk.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)