Unknowing: An Anthology From Beyond the Veil
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown" - H.P. Lovecraft
Our goal with this anthology is to publish some underground and unpublished authors, while exploring a genre near and dear to us: Horror. We'd love your help in this endeavor! In exchange for your pledge, we'll send along an e-book (PDF, ePub, and perhaps other formats) collection of the stories once it's complete.
Follow us on Twitter!
FUNDING GOAL ACHIEVED!!
To celebrate, I've added some reward levels! Now is time for some STRETCH GOALS!
- $800 (ACHIEVED) - Digital print of our lovely cover art and an Unknowing wallpaper added to $25+ reward levels!
- $900 (ALSO ACHIEVED) - Physical prints for the cover art and wallpaper!!
- $1000 (DONE-ZO) - Limited paperback print run, made available at new reward levels!!!! PLUS ALL EDITIONS OF THE BOOK GET AN ISBN, which would allow schools, libraries, and bookstores to order copies of our book more easily!!!!!
- $1100 - MORE ART!
- $1200 - YET MORE ART!!
Authors (so far) include:
- Jeff Kowalski, publisher and editor (j3fk)
- Bill Riggio, as an editor and writer for Unknowing, is grateful to work with so many talented people. He has a vested interest in Lovecraft, ancient things, and the woods, and sometimes talks about these things at @BillRigg.
- Cassandra Rose is a freelance writer and an avid bibliophile. When real life isn't getting in the way she spends her free time being snarky on Twitter and contributing to the literary blog Bibliomantics.
- Chris Luminello is the artist who also did our lovely cover image; he can be found on Tumblr and here: @CountVeger
- Matt Herron is a sci-fi and fantasy author working on his first novel and wasting time with short stories. Follow his (lack of) wisdom at @kamikazepilot.
- Melissa Kay is an anti-heroine in disguise using her secret powers to publish her first novel and create the next artistic masterpiece. By day, she works furiously to stop the zombie apocalypse from happening. By night, she tweets nonsense at @mechamelissa and posts pretty pictures at www.mechamelissa.com.
- Anik Sood
- Cassandra Kingsbury's illustrious writing credits include a poem of rhyming couplets published at age 10 and several hundred pages of fanfiction. She can be found tweeting photos of her cats @loveofstrings, and neglecting her blogging responsibilities @Bibliomantics.
- Samantha A. Ahearn is a writer specializing in fantasy, science fiction, and poetry. She is looking forward to expanding her repertoire with the horror genre. Samantha is also a freelance editor and proofreader, currently focusing on legal writings. (@sannahearn)
- Holly Gore (@murdermaider)
Here's previews of some art being included with the book!
Risks and challenges
Our biggest challenge will be in working with one another and our writers on this project around everyone's other commitments, be they school or full-time employment. As the entire point of this project is to publish independent and unknown authors, finding the space in everyone's schedule may prove difficult. This is why we've given ourselves several months from the completion of the campaign.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)