It’s hard to believe, but tomorrow is our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of the app launch in iTunes! I’m just floored by all that’s happened so far and really psyched about the great things that are recently happening in the CTRL+Console Headquarters! (Headquarters = a co-working space, our homes, and a few choice coffee shops.)
It’s been an amazing experience, and we’ve come a long way since this Kickstarter began. I’m not going to lie, there is so much MORE we want to get done - but as many folks will vouch, making great things tends to take longer than planned and there are (often) surprises along the way.
The good news: Over 13,000 people have downloaded the app so far! We are making great progress on a lot of fronts and are building a company that I am proud to be a part of…one that has a very promising future and can help make a lot of peoples lives better. That’s what get’s me out of bed everyday: Knowing that this company has a heart and mission that fuels everything we create.
I know that we wouldn’t be where we are without your help and I really (REALLY) can’t thank you enough for your support. In fact, I will probably never stop thanking you for your part in making this project a reality!!
We’re definitely overdue for an update. Here’s the latest:
THE AUDIO MIXER
Things are looking good for a release on the Audio Mixer in the very near future! We’re in the testing and refining stage with this console. Along with handling the major tasks of an 8 channel mixing board, it’s wireless, ergonomics designed for touchscreens, and (honestly) is simply gorgeous. Here’s a preview. :)
- The fast forward and rewind buttons have been integrated with a press and hold feature.
- We are currently refining the bidirectional sync.
- The “Foyer” assets and install instructions are good to go.
- So, once testing is over we can go right to launch.
- We’re looking for beta testers. We have a limited number of spots available, let us know if you would you like to be one of them! See below for more info.
THE LIGHTROOM SORTER
We’re making real headway on the Lightroom Sorter. It’s something I know many of you are interested in and we’re definitely getting closer to launching this in the app store. I can’t give a date yet, but we’re getting close. I’m excited about some of the “new powers” this console will give to creatives!
- We’ve added more buttons since the prototype version to give you greater functionality when sorting - including color labels, full screen and rotation. I think you’ll dig the changes we’ve made.
- Design: Intuitive design is key. The interaction design is progressing and will be turned over to a designer once it’s finalized.
- We are currently hunting beta testers for the Lightroom Sorter!! There’s a limited number of spots available, let us know if you would you like to be one of them! See below for more info.
We are making progress on this console. As you know, Lightroom has been a tricky program for us to work with (terrible lag, and usability issues) and we’ve had to approach interaction protocols for this console in a MUCH more intensive way.
- We’re diving deeply into Lightroom’s interface to identify ways to control the desired sliders. (It’s very complicated.)
- The scripts to access and identify the controls have been created.
- Testing multi-language capabilities.
- Focusing on robust and stable build. This is important in both responsiveness and workflow capability. i.e.: That the console works when different windows or tabs are open.
- Interface design - The design is progressing.
We know the app is crashing for some users and have integrated automatic crash reporting so that we can squash the bugs and make CTRL+Console better for everyone!
INTERNATIONAL KEYBOARD FUNCTIONALITY
Having our app run with international keyboard functionality opens up a lot more of the world to our consoles. We’re making headway on this and compatibility with QWERTZ AND AZERTY keyboards is being developed.
We're looking for a few intrepid folks to help us find bugs and work to resolve them. If you want to be one of them: Send us an email to email@example.com and include the words “I’m your beta tester” in the subject line.
Info we need from you:
- Which programs and version you use (Lightroom, Premiere, FCP 7, Audition (or other audio program)
- How often you use it.
- Your experience level in each.
- Do you have a hardware audio console?
That’s the latest!
All the best,
Jeff and the CTRL+Console Team